Home > Meclizine > Blood in stool > Meclizine and Blood in stool
Review: could Meclizine cause Blood in stool?
Summary: Blood in stool is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Valium, and have Constipation.
We study 5,360 people who have side effects while taking Meclizine from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Blood in stool. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood in stool and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Meclizine and have Blood in stool >>>
Meclizine (latest outcomes from 5,831 users) has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness.
Blood in stool
Blood in stool (latest reports from 11,603 patients) has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, ill-defined disorder, depression, weight loss, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 5,360 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine. Among them, 11 people (0.21%) have Blood In Stool.
Time on Meclizine when people have Blood in stool * :
Gender of people who have Blood in stool when taking Meclizine * :
|Blood in stool||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Blood in stool when taking Meclizine * :
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||77.78% |
Severity of Blood in stool when taking Meclizine ** :
How people recovered from Blood in stool ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (2 people, 18.18%)
- Asthma (1 people, 9.09%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 9.09%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Valium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Coumadin (3 people, 27.27%)
- Zelnorm (2 people, 18.18%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 18.18%)
- Potassium chloride (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood In Stool while taking Meclizine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Meclizine and have Blood In Stool
- support group for people who take Meclizine
- support group for people who have Blood In Stool
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can meclizine cause insomnia once and sleepiness the next time
(Asked by a 58 year old woman who has Somnolence, Insomnia, and takes Meclizine)
I took Meclizine one night (as advised by pharmacist; she said it causes drowsiness), after experiencing my first attack of vertigo. It kept me awake almost all night. A couple weeks later, as I was getting ready for a special school event for my daughter, I thought another vertigo attack was coming ...
- Alprazolam & amoxicillin
(Asked by a 72 year old man who has Enlarged Prostate, High Blood Pressure, Diverticulitis, and takes Meclizine, Clonidine, Norvasc, Flomax, Avodart)
Have Diverticulitis from having Diverticulosis. Have had high blood pressure for
about 4 years and it is controlled with the Norvasc & Clonidine. Enlarged prostate is controlled with Flomax & Avodart. Meclizine is for vertigo, take 2 25mg per day, 1 Am & 1 PM. Take 1 Norvasc AM & 1 Flomax PM.
- Why would doctor prescribe meclizine when otc med available? stronger?
(Asked by a 49 year old man who has Depression, and takes Klonopin, Symbyax, Temazepam, Meclizine)
Gastric bypass. After years found should not be prescribed extended release medications-- they do not work because stomach (duodenum) releases enzymes and acids to release XR. Suffer from GAD, MAD, PTSD, ADHD, Insomnia. I've driven away my best friend-- I'm tired of life-- alone.
- Can chronic mastoiditis cause hallucinations?
(Asked by a 33 year old man who has Mastoiditis, Anxiety, and takes Ativan, Meclizine)
My husband went to see the doc yesterday for ear pain and the doc put him on 2 diff meds and now he has hallucinations
- How to treat vertigo?
(Asked by a 46 year old man who has Benign Positional Vertigo, and takes Valium, Antivert)
More questions for: Meclizine, Blood in stool
More reviews for: Meclizine, Blood in stool
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Tramadol Hydrochloride for a patient with Vertigo, Pain-amputee. The patient has
Comments: Took both last night and woke up in the middle of night with severe cramps, throwing up, and severe diahrea, never saw so much.
- A study of side effects of Phentermine for a patient with Weight Loss. The patient has Blood In Stool, Constipation
Comments: Became really constipated and finally took a laxative and when the laxative kicked in there is a lot of blood in my stool.
- A study of drug interactions between Naproxen, Doxycycline for a patient with Epididymitis. The patient has Blood In Stool
Comments: Doctor seems to think I have epididymitis due to a swollen testicle and constant pain in testicle. He gave me doxycycline for 23 days. I'm only half way through but was in a lot of pain so started to take naproxen which seemed to work instantly. However since I've been taking the naproxen (orally) I ...
- A study of side effects of Omeprazole Magnesium for a patient with Acid Reflux. The patient has Blood In Stool
Comments: I have taken omeprazole for a few years for acid reflux that's occurs daily at all tines during the day. After using short term ppi like tuna I eventually moved to one a days. I use generic brand omeprazole. I stopped taking it after reading side effects my reflux is still there but not as severe a ...
- A study of drug interactions between Ursodiol, Ondansetron, Prednisone, Tacrolimus for a patient with Autoimmune Hepatitis, Liver Transplant. The patient has Alkaline Phosphatase, Elevated Mood, Blood In Stool, Hoarseness, Throat - Sore, Nausea
Comments: The autoimmune hepatitis is de novo. Approx. 2 yrs after transplant, ALT and AST went from 40 or 50 to 400 and 500 in 1 mo. Drs. tested (Ultrasound/liver biopsy/arteriogram) thinking it was hepatic veno-occlusion or vasculitis. 2 yrs after tx, my liver is almost entirely cirrhotic. Experienced ma ...
More related studies for: Meclizine, Blood in stool
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Multiple Sclerosis and Aspergillosis
- Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide
- Feeding tube complications flomax
Has anyone on feeding tube taken Flomax. Any complication ... (11 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: My hair falls out too, but it was falling out before I was ... (16 hours ago)
- Feeling dizziness in the morning. is it due to glaucoma
Since 3 days I am feeling dizziness in the morning for abo ... (1 day ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (1 day ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (1 day ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (2 days ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a 68-year old man who has Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal (20 minutes ago)
- Gabapentin for a 69-year old man who has Pain - Back (42 minutes ago)
- Lexapro for a 45-year old man who has Anxiety Disorder (1 hour ago)