Review: could Meclizine cause Blood in stool?
Summary: Blood in stool is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Valium, and have Constipation.
We study 5,365 people who have side effects while taking Meclizine from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Blood in stool. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood in stool and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meclizine and have Blood in stool >>>
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from 5,835 Meclizine users)
Blood in stool
Blood in stool has been reported by people with irritable bowel syndrome, ill-defined disorder, depression, weight loss, high blood cholesterol. (latest reports from 3,189 Blood in stool patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 5,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine. Among them, 11 people (0.21%) have Blood In Stool.
Time on Meclizine when people have Blood in stool * :
Gender of people who have Blood in stool when taking Meclizine * :
|Blood in stool||60.00%||40.00% |
Age of people who have Blood in stool when taking Meclizine * :
|Blood in stool||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||0.00%||77.78% |
Severity of Blood in stool when taking Meclizine ** :
How people recovered from Blood in stool ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Constipation (2 people, 18.18%)
- Asthma (1 people, 9.09%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 9.09%)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (1 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Valium (4 people, 36.36%)
- Coumadin (3 people, 27.27%)
- Zelnorm (2 people, 18.18%)
- Furosemide (2 people, 18.18%)
- Potassium chloride (2 people, 18.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood In Stool while taking Meclizine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Meclizine and have Blood In Stool
- support group for people who take Meclizine
- support group for people who have Blood In Stool
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Recent Meclizine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Meclizine, Losartan Potassium for a 51-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Meclizine for a 36-year old woman who has Compare
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.