Review: could Meclizine cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have High blood pressure.
We study 5,368 people who have side effects while taking Meclizine from FDA and social media. Among them, 354 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meclizine and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from 5,839 Meclizine users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,819 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Apr, 13, 2015: 5,368 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine. Among them, 354 people (6.59%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Meclizine when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Meclizine * :
|Blood pressure increased||70.13%||29.87% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Meclizine * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.19%||20.06%||22.26%||55.49% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Meclizine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Blood pressure increased||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Hypertension (39 people, 11.02%)
- Osteoporosis (35 people, 9.89%)
- Depression (31 people, 8.76%)
- Pain (28 people, 7.91%)
- Vertigo (25 people, 7.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (164 people, 46.33%)
- Lipitor (108 people, 30.51%)
- Protonix (86 people, 24.29%)
- Digoxin (84 people, 23.73%)
- Zometa (80 people, 22.60%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of meclizine and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Meclizine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Meclizine and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Meclizine
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Multivitamin, Horse Chestnut, Omega 3, Saw Palmetto, Metformin, Aspirin, Atenolol, Glimepiride, Hydrochlorothiazide, Fosinopril Sodium for a 71-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Deficiency, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Ischaemic Heart Disease. The patient has Peripheral Artery Disease, Coronary Heart Disease, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Sugar
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 55-year old woman with Nausea. The patient has Kidney Failure - Chronic
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 35-year old woman with Vertigo. The patient has Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Turmeric, Magnesium, Losartan, Klor-con M20, Furosemide, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 49-year old man with Chf, High Blood Pressure, Hbp. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Weight Fluctuation
- A study of side effects of Losartan Potassium for a 36-year old woman with Postpartum State. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Meclizine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Diazepam, Meclizine for a 63-year old woman who has Dizziness
- Comparions of Meclizine, Losartan Potassium for a 51-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Meclizine for a 36-year old woman who has Compare
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.