Review: could Meclizine cause Ibs (Irritable bowel syndrome)?
Summary: Ibs is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Lipitor, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 5,365 people who have side effects while taking Meclizine from FDA and social media. Among them, 22 have Ibs. Find out below who they are, when they have Ibs and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meclizine and have Ibs >>>
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from 5,835 Meclizine users)
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, depression, osteopenia, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 15,623 Ibs patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 5,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine. Among them, 22 people (0.41%) have Ibs.
Time on Meclizine when people have Ibs * :
Gender of people who have Ibs when taking Meclizine * :
Age of people who have Ibs when taking Meclizine * :
Severity of Ibs when taking Meclizine ** :
How people recovered from Ibs ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (4 people, 18.18%)
- Impaired gastric emptying (2 people, 9.09%)
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 9.09%)
- Nausea (2 people, 9.09%)
- Hypertension (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (12 people, 54.55%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 40.91%)
- Diovan (7 people, 31.82%)
- Zoloft (7 people, 31.82%)
- Premarin (7 people, 31.82%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs while taking Meclizine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Meclizine and have Ibs
- support group for people who take Meclizine
- support group for people who have Ibs
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Lamictal, Vitamin D, Multivitamin, Fish Oil, Effexor, Lipitor, Estradiol for a 58-year old woman with Mood Disorder, Autoimmune Disorder, Nutrition - Inadequate, Heart Disease, Anxiety Disorder, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Menopausal Symptoms. The patient has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Constipation, Headache, Tension, Eyes - Dry, Abdominal Bloating
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 68-year old woman with Vertigo Positional. The patient has Baby Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Meclizine, Plavix for a 48-year old man with Vertigo Positional, Antiplatelet Therapy. The patient has Dizziness Aggravated
- A study of drug interactions between Benadryl, Excedrin, Promethazine, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Seroquel, Rizatriptan Benzoate, Flonase, Omeprazole, Atenolol, Estradiol, Acyclovir, Methocarbamol, Ritalin, Clonazepam, Abilify, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a 50-year old woman with Allergies, Pain, Nausea And Vomiting, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Bipolar Disorder, Migraine - Classic, Allergic Sinusitis, Gerd, Panic Disorder With Agoraphobia, Hormone Replacement Therapy, Herpes Virus Infection, Muscle Spasms, Add, Depression. The patient has Bipolar Disorder, Multiple Allergies, Migraine, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Nausea And Vomiting, Muscle Spasms, Rage, Add, Allergic Sinusitis, Genital Herpes, Panic Disorder, Mood Swings, Depression
Recent Meclizine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Meclizine, Losartan Potassium for a 51-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Meclizine for a 36-year old woman who has Compare
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.