Meclizine and Ibs - from FDA reports
Ibs is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lipitor, and have Gastroesophageal reflux disease. This review analyzes which people have Ibs with Meclizine. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 9,407 people who have side effects when taking Meclizine from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 17, 2017
9,407 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine.
Among them, 37 people (0.39%) have Ibs
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Meclizine when people have Ibs *:
- < 1 month: 100 %
- 1 - 6 months: 0.0 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Ibs when taking Meclizine *:
- female: 86.11 %
- male: 13.89 %
Age of people who have Ibs when taking Meclizine *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 4.17 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 8.33 %
- 40-49: 12.5 %
- 50-59: 16.67 %
- 60+: 58.33 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (8 people, 21.62%)
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 13.51%)
- Hypothyroidism (4 people, 10.81%)
- High Blood Pressure (4 people, 10.81%)
- Asthma (4 people, 10.81%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lipitor (13 people, 35.14%)
- Synthroid (10 people, 27.03%)
- Nexium (10 people, 27.03%)
- Premarin (9 people, 24.32%)
- Aspirin (9 people, 24.32%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (16 people, 43.24%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 40.54%)
- Pain (13 people, 35.14%)
- Constipation (13 people, 35.14%)
- Urinary Tract Infection (12 people, 32.43%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ibs when taking Meclizine?
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from Meclizine 10,093 users)
Ibs (irritable bowel syndrome -chronic abdominal pain, discomfort, bloating) has been reported by people with acne, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, multiple sclerosis (latest reports from 24,571 Ibs patients).