Review: could Meclizine cause Migraine?
Summary: Migraine is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Nexium, and have Pain.
We study 5,365 people who have side effects while taking Meclizine from FDA and social media. Among them, 76 have Migraine. Find out below who they are, when they have Migraine and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meclizine and have Migraine >>>
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from 5,835 Meclizine users)
Migraine (headache) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, birth control, depression, osteoporosis, pain. (latest reports from 51,741 Migraine patients)
On Mar, 7, 2015: 5,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine. Among them, 94 people (1.75%) have Migraine.
Time on Meclizine when people have Migraine * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Migraine when taking Meclizine * :
Age of people who have Migraine when taking Meclizine * :
Severity of Migraine when taking Meclizine ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Migraine ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (12 people, 12.77%)
- Gastrooesophageal reflux disease (12 people, 12.77%)
- Depression (12 people, 12.77%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 9.57%)
- Multiple sclerosis (9 people, 9.57%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (21 people, 22.34%)
- Lisinopril (20 people, 21.28%)
- Prilosec (20 people, 21.28%)
- Ambien (18 people, 19.15%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 18.09%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Migraine while taking Meclizine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Meclizine and have Migraine
- support group for people who take Meclizine
- support group for people who have Migraine
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 38-year old woman with Motion Sickness. The patient has Blood Pressure Increased, Vomiting Of Medication, Heart Pounding Or Racing (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
- A study of drug interactions between Imitrex, Elavil, Clonidine, Microgestin Fe 1/20, Norflex, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Lamictal, Topamax, Lyrica for a 28-year old woman with Migraine, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Birth Control, Back Pain, Insomnia, Headache, Pain. The patient has Migraine, Migraine With Aura
- A study of side effects of Mirena for a 41-year old woman with Contraception. The patient has Migraine (headache), Widespread Body Aches, Loss Of Hair, Anxiety, Sometimes Unable To Retrieve Words, Brain Mass, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue (feeling of tiredness)
- A study of side effects of Norflex for a 26-year old woman with Muscle Spasms. The patient has Paranoia (psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur), Hallucination, Auditory (perceiving sounds without auditory stimulus), Hallucination, Visual (seeing things that aren't there), Dialated Pupils, Confusion, Migraine (headache)
- A study of side effects of Meclizine for a 68-year old woman with Vertigo Positional. The patient has Baby Rash
Recent Meclizine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Diazepam, Meclizine for a 63-year old woman who has Dizziness
- Comparions of Meclizine, Losartan Potassium for a 51-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Meclizine for a 36-year old woman who has Compare
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.