Review: could Meclizine cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Meclizine, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Amoxicillin, and have Sinusitis - chronic.
We study 5,368 people who have side effects while taking Meclizine from FDA and social media. Among them, 82 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meclizine and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Meclizine has active ingredients of meclizine hydrochloride. It is often used in dizziness. (latest outcomes from 5,835 Meclizine users)
Ringing in the ears
Ringing in the ears (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,019 Ringing in the ears patients)
On Mar, 30, 2015: 5,365 people reported to have side effects when taking Meclizine. Among them, 82 people (1.53%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Meclizine when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Meclizine * :
|Ringing in the ears||45.78%||54.22% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Meclizine * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||21.43%||0.00%||24.29%||15.71%||38.57% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Meclizine ** :
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Chronic sinusitis (12 people, 14.63%)
- Vertigo (11 people, 13.41%)
- Multiple myeloma (8 people, 9.76%)
- Depression (6 people, 7.32%)
- Atrial fibrillation (6 people, 7.32%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Amoxicillin (22 people, 26.83%)
- Clonazepam (21 people, 25.61%)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (20 people, 24.39%)
- Aspirin (18 people, 21.95%)
- Paxil (17 people, 20.73%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of meclizine and ringing in the ears on
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Meclizine?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Meclizine and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Meclizine
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Colofac for a 66-year old woman with IBS. The patient has Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of side effects of Budesonide for a 57-year old woman with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of side effects of Effexor for a 39-year old woman with Anxiety. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
- A study of drug interactions between Nuvigil, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Viagra, Vitamin D, Prednisone, Pravastatin Sodium, Lisinopril, Bystolic, Zolpidem, Vitamin C, Lexapro, Lorazepam, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a 68-year old man with Tiredness, Ptsd, Erectile Dysfunction, General Physical Condition, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure Increased, Coronary Artery Disease, Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety Disorder, Chronic Pain. The patient has Tinnitus, Sleep Apnea, Erectile Dysfunction, Elevated Mood, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Coronary Artery Disease, Major Depressive Disorder, Ptsd
Recent Meclizine related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Meclizine, Losartan Potassium for a 51-year old man who has Hypertension
- Comparions of Bupropion Hydrochloride, Meclizine for a 36-year old woman who has Compare
- Comparions of Meclizine, Clonidine, Amoxicillin, Flomax, Alprazolam for a 72-year old man who has Diverticulitis
- Comparions of Magnesium Chloride, Meclizine Hydrochloride, , Tricor, Adderall 30 for a 66-year old woman who has ADHD
- Comparions of Antivert, Symbicort, Spiriva for a 67-year old woman who has Emphysema
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.