Review: could Medrol cause Ulcer - duodenal or gastric (Gastric ulcer)?
Summary: Ulcer - duodenal or gastric is found among people who take Medrol, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Prilosec, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 9,211 people who have side effects while taking Medrol from FDA and social media. Among them, 113 have Ulcer - duodenal or gastric. Find out below who they are, when they have Ulcer - duodenal or gastric and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Medrol and have Ulcer - duodenal or gastric >>>
Medrol has active ingredients of methylprednisolone. It is often used in inflammation. (latest outcomes from 9,482 Medrol users)
Ulcer - duodenal or gastric
Ulcer - duodenal or gastric (stomach ulcer) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain, rheumatoid arthritis, arthritis. (latest reports from 31,740 Ulcer - duodenal or gastric patients)
On Mar, 29, 2015: 9,211 people reported to have side effects when taking Medrol. Among them, 113 people (1.23%) have Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric.
Time on Medrol when people have Ulcer - duodenal or gastric * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ulcer - duodenal or gastric||76.00%||4.00%||0.00%||4.00%||8.00%||0.00%||8.00% |
Gender of people who have Ulcer - duodenal or gastric when taking Medrol * :
|Ulcer - duodenal or gastric||45.52%||54.48% |
Age of people who have Ulcer - duodenal or gastric when taking Medrol * :
|Ulcer - duodenal or gastric||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.48%||1.65%||14.05%||27.27%||54.55% |
Severity of Ulcer - duodenal or gastric when taking Medrol ** :
How people recovered from Ulcer - duodenal or gastric ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (26 people, 23.01%)
- Metastases to bone (15 people, 13.27%)
- Renal transplant (8 people, 7.08%)
- Nausea (8 people, 7.08%)
- Stomatitis (7 people, 6.19%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (33 people, 29.20%)
- Taxol (29 people, 25.66%)
- Zometa (28 people, 24.78%)
- Aredia (27 people, 23.89%)
- Carboplatin (23 people, 20.35%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric while taking Medrol?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Medrol and have Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
- support group for people who take Medrol
- support group for people who have Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Azithromycin, Methylprednisolone for a 52-year old woman with Upper Respiratory Tract Infection, Upper Respiratory Tract Inflammation. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Back Pain - Low, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Insomnia, Headache - Migraine Without Aura
- A study of drug interactions between Levothyroxine Sodium, Methylprednisolone, Cellcept, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 70-year old woman with Hypothyroidism, Vasculitis, Heart Arrythmia. The patient has Adrenaline Surges With High Bp, Heart Arrythmias - Increase
- A study of side effects of Methylprednisolone for a 21-year old woman with Acute Bronchitis. The patient has Restless Leg Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Multivitamin, Omeprazole, Furosemide, Xarelto, Methylprednisolone for a 75-year old woman with Osteoarthritis, Diverticulitis, Acid Reflux, Oedema, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Polymyalgia Rheumatica. The patient has Increased Frequency Of Micturation, Less Volume, Swollen Ankles, Acid Reflux, Pain In Shoulders, Back, Arms, Chest,headaches,
- A study of drug interactions between Amoxicillin, Ambien, Bactrim, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Methylprednisolone, Glipizide, Verapamil Hydrochloride, Carafate for a 77-year old man with Bone Marrow Aspiration, Insomnia, Uti, Pain, Inflammation, Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, Acid Reflux. The patient has Weakness, Hiccups
Recent Medrol related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.