Review: could Megace cause Abdominal cramps (Abdominal pain)?
Summary: Abdominal cramps is found among people who take Megace, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Zometa, and have Breast cancer metastatic.
We study 5,985 people who have side effects while taking Megace from FDA and social media. Among them, 296 have Abdominal cramps. Find out below who they are, when they have Abdominal cramps and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Megace and have Abdominal cramps >>>
Megace has active ingredients of megestrol acetate. It is often used in appetite - decreased. (latest outcomes from Megace 6,038 users)
Abdominal cramps has been reported by people with birth control, crohn's disease, high blood pressure, pain, depression.(latest reports from Abdominal cramps 76,967 patients)
On Dec, 1, 2014: 5,985 people reported to have side effects when taking Megace. Among them, 296 people (4.95%) have Abdominal Cramps.
Time on Megace when people have Abdominal cramps * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Abdominal cramps||22.73%||72.73%||4.55%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Abdominal cramps when taking Megace * :
|Abdominal cramps||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.13%||4.68%||11.91%||29.36%||51.91% |
Severity of Abdominal cramps when taking Megace ** :
How people recovered from Abdominal cramps ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Breast cancer metastatic (46 people, 15.54%)
- Prophylaxis (33 people, 11.15%)
- Breast cancer (32 people, 10.81%)
- Pain (29 people, 9.80%)
- Hypertension (28 people, 9.46%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (119 people, 40.20%)
- Aspirin (99 people, 33.45%)
- Protonix (80 people, 27.03%)
- Decadron (79 people, 26.69%)
- Aredia (77 people, 26.01%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Abdominal Cramps while taking Megace?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Megace and have Abdominal Cramps
- support group for people who take Megace
- support group for people who have Abdominal Cramps
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
More questions for: Megace, Abdominal cramps
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Paragard and norethindrone acet
I had many reproductive issues arise after the birth of my daughter. Everything from constant swelling, pain an vaginal tearing, pre cancerous tumors. (cervical). I also have mild spots of endometriosis and ovarian cyst all of these are genetic in my family. I also have blood clotting factors so paragard was the only BC choice for me it caused me alot of bleeding issues I went 3monyhs on one straight period. So my Dr put me on norethindrone acet. To stop periods all together which caused all of my issues above to subside, apparently my hormones where the cause of my issues. I love the paragard an norethindrone combination!!!!
- Poisened by fenofibrate
it started in Apr. 2013. I would eat and get sick to my stomach. I would have severe shooting pains in my stomach area. My bowels were loose and would stay that way. Or at times I would just be nauseated for no apparent reason. My mouth got dry and I began having dizzy spells. Those last two symptoms mostly went away except for the dizziness which would only happen if I bent over. By July it was hard to look at food at all. This went on for an entire year, every day. The VA, which was taking care of me, diagnosed me with a bad gall bladder. It was finally taken out in Sept. Unfortunately it did me no good.
On March 20, 2014, I took myself off this medication. Five days later the symptoms started to lift.
- Febrero 2014 - daniel alberto romero
The dosis: Flecainida-Diondel: 100 mg (twice a day) - Pradaxa-Dabigatran Etexilato: 150 mg twice a day - Bisoprolol fumarato-Corbis: 2.5 mg daily
sometimes I get a chest pain and other days an acid sensation coming from the stomach. I assign these drugs as to be the cause as I never felt this way before.
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions (1 response)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refused the ability to leave - I was not sick enough - they only suspected pneumonia. This is a rural local hospital who can't get enough patients. I requested a certain antibiotic if one was needed that I tolerate well. It was a terrifying experience because they ignored everything I requested - especially to leave. I experienced burning pain at IV site, hand became inflamed, lost use of my thumbs, then legs would not support me. Could not brush hair or teeth. No one answered my questions about this crippling - it was a nightmare. I lost 16 pounds, my muscles were hanging off my body. I was released after 7 days, totally crippled with no directive or any explanation for these sudden excruciating pains and crippling. They refused me my records for a long time. No new doctor would discuss these records once I got them - every organ in body was visited with electrical like jolts, pain that no pain killers were effective on. In those records I find I had CHF, respiratory failure after 4 days of treatment. I find that they gave me mega doses(500/600 mg) Prednisone - remember - I was on nothing prior. NSAID's were given - three different ones, over 4,000mg daily. I was also given an injection of Fentanyl - 100 times stronger than morphine AFTER I refused to admit myself. My pain level in admitting was rated mild. I started coding - which, beig HOH, I did not know and was not told - after four days treatment . They ignored my inflamed hand(IV port), my complaints of burning at site, then all over. I was never told what I was given. It was horrifying to experience the pains I did after release. I had all new RX's so I did not know I had been given Levaquin - but I did not know hat Levaquin was anyway. I have marked PTSD because over the period of a couple of years - I find all those physicians and specialist who were purporting to be 'clueless' as to what happened to me - why I was suddenly crippled - they were lying or totally incompetent. I was given many other drugs - sedatives - cancer drugs mostly. I was prescribed a Z-pac upon release - all these inhibit breathing - cause heart failure. These are known dangers - murder indeed. My life is altered to the point I am home bound and can't care for myself or my pets, yard, house, garden. Why is this allowed to happen? $$$/profits for medical care - no accountability. Prednisone at mega lethal doses?? No medical care giver has a problem with this?? Oh, QIO states Levaquin is not a black boxed drug nor would giving mega doses Pred and NSAID's cause any problem.....he either can't read or is a liar. He is paid with Federal funds - they don't even try to cover up - its systemic in medical care. And carried out by our government - to accountability whatsoever.
- My reaction to talking sumatriptan for the first time.
after 10 minutes of taking the sumatriptan tablet i got all of the symptoms i stated and from those i developed a rare movement disorder called 'Dystonia' that has affected my right foot making me unable to walk and my right hand making me unable to write.
More reviews for: Megace, Abdominal cramps
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have osteoarthritis and am coeliac. I follow a gluten free diet. Recently I have developed severe stomach pain which comes on about 1 - 2 hours after eating. Ant acids and over the counter medicine such as Gaviscon don't seem to help. It goes away gradually on its own but the occasions are get ...
- For approximately the last six months I've been getting a sporadic sharp pain in my lower left abdomen. However, the past two weeks I haven't been taking the vitamins I usually take, but started taking them again yesterday. Today I've been in pain which I haven't had for the past two weeks. L-Carn ...
- There is a pain in my neck as well as a pain under my jaw no swelling i only feel it when i touch a small aarea.there is pain in my muscles and around my left breast area only when touching or laying on my stomach each symtom lasted two days then switched to a new symptom it's been onne week since i ...
- I feel that i get depressed and anxiety when the medication wears off. Also the irritability does too. My biggest concern is the sexual dysfunction. I've been taking both medications for about a week now and its the first time I've experienced it. I cant even get myself hard and i feel that my penis ...
- late period pregnancy symptoms off lorazapam soon as i took it 30 minutes later then had severe pain craps have not had craps since last miscarriage and lots of bright red blood severe exhaustion, and feels like last lime i miscarried.
More related studies for: Megace, Abdominal cramps
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.