Home > Megace > Blood potassium increased > Megace and Blood potassium increased
Review: could Megace cause Blood potassium increased (Hyperkalemia)?
Summary: Blood potassium increased is found among people who take Megace, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma.
We study 5,985 people who have side effects while taking Megace from FDA and social media. Among them, 119 have Blood potassium increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood potassium increased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Megace and have Blood potassium increased >>>
Megace (latest outcomes from 6,038 users) has active ingredients of megestrol acetate. It is often used in appetite - decreased.
Blood potassium increased
Blood potassium increased (damage to or disease of the kidney) (latest reports from 188,945 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, pain, cardiac failure.
On Oct, 29, 2014: 5,985 people reported to have side effects when taking Megace. Among them, 119 people (1.99%) have Blood Potassium Increased.
Time on Megace when people have Blood potassium increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood potassium increased||71.43%||0.00%||0.00%||28.57%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Blood potassium increased when taking Megace * :
|Blood potassium increased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.80%||30.84%||4.67%||61.68% |
Severity of Blood potassium increased when taking Megace ** :
How people recovered from Blood potassium increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple myeloma (24 people, 20.17%)
- Decreased appetite (13 people, 10.92%)
- Prophylaxis (9 people, 7.56%)
- Pneumocystis jiroveci pneumonia (8 people, 6.72%)
- Anaemia megaloblastic (8 people, 6.72%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (48 people, 40.34%)
- Zofran (44 people, 36.97%)
- Protonix (41 people, 34.45%)
- Ativan (40 people, 33.61%)
- Zometa (40 people, 33.61%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood Potassium Increased while taking Megace?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Megace and have Blood Potassium Increased
- support group for people who take Megace
- support group for people who have Blood Potassium Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can megace be contradictions for defibrillator?
(Asked by a 43 year old man who has CHF With A Defibrillator, No Appetite, and takes Megace)
Meds I'm on are neltrexone, metoprolol, and amiodarone.
- Hello, i am having a problem with high potassium levels and tingling , what other blood pressure drug can i use that won't cause hyperkalmia? what works for you?
(Asked by a 53 year old man who has Hyperkalemia, and takes Cozaar)
- Are there any benefits of taking t-4 and t-3 meds with megestrol acetate?
(Asked by a 57 year old woman who has Thyroid Diseases, Musculoskeletal Pain, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Depression, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Dry Eye, Dry Mouth, Cramps - Leg, Charley Horse, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Brittle Nails, Hair Growth Abnormal, Vocal Cord Disorder, Mood Swings, and takes Levothyroxine Thyroid, Liothyronine Sodium, Phenergan, Aldactone, Clonazepam, Baclofen, Atenolol, Aspirin, Cymbalta, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Vicodin, Fluocinolone Acetonide, Combivent, Singulair, Ambien, Megestrol Acetate, Restasis)
One full year of Interferon treatment for Hep-C 2005-2006, onset of Graves Disease during treatment, R-131 thyroid ablation. post-chemo-musculo-skeletal-myalgia ongoing since 2005. Anemia during treatment addressed with Epogen shots weekly. After successful treatment for Hep-C on set of numerous med ...
More questions for: Megace, Blood potassium increased
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Rocephin and levaquin drug interactions
(Posted by a 68 year old woman who has CHF, Tendon Rupture, Central Nervous System Inflammation, Peripheral Circulatory Failure, Acid Reflux, Insomnia, Peripheral Nerve Destruction, Tinnitus, PTSD, and takes Levaquin In Dextrose 5% In Plastic Container, Rocephin, Prednisone, Aspirin, Tylenol, Megace, Ambien, Valium)
I went to ER of local hospital because I was feeling puny, low energy for a while. I was on no meds, physical active all my life, yoga practiser, no crippling. I am late deafened, can speak clearly. This is a true case of attempted murder. I refused to admit myself after waiting 8 hours - I was refu ...
More reviews for: Megace, Blood potassium increased
- A study of side effects of Prednisone for a patient with Tooth Infection. The patient has Potassium - High (damage to or disease of the kidney)
Comments: I have been taking the prednisone 20 mg once a day for help in fighting off infection. My doctor is concerned about the high blood potassium levels and is wanting blood tests sometimes twice a week. I weigh 90 lbs and am 5'4".
- A study of drug interactions between Carafate, Motrin, Omeprazole, Hydrochlorothiazide, Ambien, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Klonopin, Celexa for a patient with Ulcer - Peptic, Pain, Esophagitis, Potassium - High, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Generalised Anxiety Disorder, Depression. The patient has Fatigue, Potassium - High, Bone - Broken, Bladder Neck Obstruction, Esophagitis, Pain, Leg Cramps, Anxiety, Depression
Comments: I had two unexplained broken bones within a one year period.
Weak urine stream with intermittent breaks.
High potassium level readings. First: 6.2 Second 5.2
When diagnosed at ER with esophagitis was also suspected to have peptic ulcers due to stress.
- A study of side effects of Bisoprolol Fumarate for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Potassium - High (damage to or disease of the kidney)
Comments: I eat a diet of salads and 6oc of beef or chicken or fish,I may eat that 3 times a day I just don't understand why my potassium is hi. I eat a lots of salads could that be the reason
- A study of side effects of Welchol for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Potassium - High (damage to or disease of the kidney)
Comments: potassium levels between 5.7 and 5.9 for last 4 weeks.
- A study of drug interactions between Tamsulosin, Tramadol And Acetaminophen, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Excedrin, Ranitidine, Simvastatin, Atenolol for a patient with Prostate Examination Abnormal, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Total Cholesterol, Hypertension. The patient has Potassium - High
Comments: I am a left donor, I Have HBP and H Cholesterol I am 80 yrs. old My Potassium level is 5.7 it normally is between 4,7 and 4.9 . I am wondering if the Medication I'm taking could be causing the elevation in Potassium?
More related studies for: Megace, Blood potassium increased
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Nose Bleeds
- Omeprazole and Pred Forte
- Betadine and Psoriasis
- Zoloft and Blood Alcohol Abnormal
- Can ciliapram cause emphysemia
Answer: I too have taken citalopram, for fibromyalgia pain, and wa ... (12 hours ago)
- Can chewing tobacco effect results of velcade on myeloma
Father has been on and off Velcade for Multiple Myeloma ov ... (20 hours ago)
- What side effects do you experience from sulpfasalazine?
Answer: You must take sulfasalizine with food to avoid stomach iss ... (24 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (7 hours ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
40 mg Lipitor for two months caused 8 pounds weight loss,t ... (10 hours ago)
- Headache after propofol
Was given Propofol while having Colonoscopy and Endoscopy. ... (15 hours ago)
Recent studies on eHealthMe:
- Lyrica for a 42-year old woman who has Fibromyalgia (1 hour ago)
- Compare Marijuana and Lamictal for a 52-year old woman (1 hour ago)
- Tobramycin And Dexamethasone, Ketorolac Tromethamine, Prednisone, Cyclogyl, Gabapentin, Benzonatate, Lidoderm, Antivert, Sertraline, Alprazolam, Hydroxyzine Pamoate, Lidocaine, Symbicort, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Albuterol Sulfate, Accolate for a 50-year old woman who has Eye Inflammation, Eye Infection, Eye Infection Bacterial, Nerve Pain, Cough, Hip Pain, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Hives, Degenerative Joint Disease, Asthma, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Scoliosis, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2 hours ago)
- Risperidone, Benztropine Mesylate, Lisinopril, Zoloft for a 49-year old man who has Antipsychotic Drug Level Increased, Risperidone, Hypertension, Major Depression (3 hours ago)
- Compare Fluorouracil and Toposar and Cisplatin for a 66-year old man (4 hours ago)