Megestrol acetate and Blood potassium decreased - from FDA reports
Blood potassium decreased is found among people who take Megestrol Acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma . We study 3,028 people who have side effects while taking Megestrol acetate from FDA. Among them, 21 have Blood potassium decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood potassium decreased and more.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
Megestrol acetate has active ingredients of megestrol acetate. It is often used in appetite - decreased. (latest outcomes from Megestrol acetate 3,078 users)
Blood Potassium Decreased
Blood potassium decreased has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, pain, multiple myeloma, depression (latest reports from 20,281 Blood potassium decreased patients).
On Feb, 26, 2017
3,028 people reported to have side effects when taking Megestrol Acetate.
Among them, 21 people (0.69%) have Blood Potassium Decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Megestrol Acetate when people have Blood Potassium Decreased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood Potassium Decreased when taking Megestrol Acetate *:
- female: 61.9 %
- male: 38.1 %
Age of people who have Blood Potassium Decreased when taking Megestrol Acetate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.56 %
- 60+: 94.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (4 people, 19.05%)
- Pain (3 people, 14.29%)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (3 people, 14.29%)
- Depression (3 people, 14.29%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 9.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Prednisone (6 people, 28.57%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 28.57%)
- Zofran (5 people, 23.81%)
- Protonix (5 people, 23.81%)
- Levaquin (5 people, 23.81%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (8 people, 38.10%)
- Diarrhea (7 people, 33.33%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (7 people, 33.33%)
- Weight Decreased (6 people, 28.57%)
- Fatigue (6 people, 28.57%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Blood potassium decreased when taking Megestrol acetate?
- Check symptoms - is blood potassium decreased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- More tools...
Browse all side effects of Megestrol acetatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood potassium decreasedBlood potassium decreased
Could your condition cause Blood potassium decreasedBlood potassium decreased
Can you answer these questions?
You may be interested in these reviews
Hi, I have been taking megestrol for several years and now suddenly I can't tell I need to go to the bathroom until I stand up and then I have to hurry. This just recently started. Anyone else have this or anything similiar? I haven't been to the doc to find out if I have a bladder infection but ...