Megestrol acetate and Blood potassium decreased - from FDA reports
Blood potassium decreased is found among people who take Megestrol acetate, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple myeloma. This review analyzes which people have Blood potassium decreased with Megestrol acetate. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 3,185 people who have side effects when taking Megestrol acetate from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Oct, 21, 2017
3,185 people reported to have side effects when taking Megestrol acetate.
Among them, 22 people (0.69%) have Blood potassium decreased
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Megestrol acetate when people have Blood potassium decreased *:
- < 1 month: 0.0 %
- 1 - 6 months: 100 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.0 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Blood potassium decreased when taking Megestrol acetate *:
- female: 59.09 %
- male: 40.91 %
Age of people who have Blood potassium decreased when taking Megestrol acetate *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 0.0 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 0.0 %
- 40-49: 0.0 %
- 50-59: 5.56 %
- 60+: 94.44 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Multiple Myeloma (5 people, 22.73%)
- Pain (3 people, 13.64%)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (3 people, 13.64%)
- Depression (3 people, 13.64%)
- Stress And Anxiety (2 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Protonix (6 people, 27.27%)
- Prednisone (6 people, 27.27%)
- Aspirin (6 people, 27.27%)
- Zofran (5 people, 22.73%)
- Levaquin (5 people, 22.73%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weakness (8 people, 36.36%)
- Diarrhea (8 people, 36.36%)
- Blood Glucose Increased (7 people, 31.82%)
- Weight Decreased (6 people, 27.27%)
- Haemoglobin Decreased (6 people, 27.27%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Blood potassium decreased when taking Megestrol acetate?
- Check symptoms - is blood potassium decreased caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsBlood potassium decreased and drugs with ingredients of megestrol acetate.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeBlood potassium decreased and Megestrol acetate from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Megestrol acetate has active ingredients of megestrol acetate. It is often used in appetite - decreased. (latest outcomes from Megestrol acetate 3,237 users)
Blood potassium decreased
Blood potassium decreased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis, multiple myeloma, pain, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 21,901 Blood potassium decreased patients).
Browse all side effects of Megestrol acetatea b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Blood potassium decreasedBlood potassium decreased
Could your condition cause Blood potassium decreasedBlood potassium decreased
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi id just wanna talk someone here that it is really common taking megestrol suffered hair loss why? and theres any way for avoiding hair loss? guys help me to understand. Today is my first day taking this tablet.
Hi, I have been taking megestrol for several years and now suddenly I can't tell I need to go to the bathroom until I stand up and then I have to hurry. This just recently started. Anyone else have this or anything similiar? I haven't been to the doc to find out if I have a bladder infection but ...