Home > Melatonin > A-fib > Melatonin and A-fib
Review: could Melatonin cause A-fib (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 2,189 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have A-fib. Find out below who they are, when they have A-fib and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have A-fib >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,643 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
A-fib (most common type of arrhythmia) (latest reports from 381,972 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 26, 2014: 2,187 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 17 people (0.78%) have A-fib.
Time on Melatonin when people have A-fib * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have A-fib when taking Melatonin * :
Age of people who have A-fib when taking Melatonin * :
Severity of A-fib when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from A-fib ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 41.18%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 17.65%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 11.76%)
- Coagulation time shortened (2 people, 11.76%)
- Mood altered (2 people, 11.76%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (7 people, 41.18%)
- Multaq (4 people, 23.53%)
- Magnesium oxide (4 people, 23.53%)
- Lasix (4 people, 23.53%)
- Marinol (3 people, 17.65%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have A-fib while taking Melatonin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have A-fib
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have A-fib
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 weeks ago):
Continue to have intermittent tachycardia/flutter
From this study (3 weeks ago):
Atrial fibrillation trigger by panic attack recently after smoking a medium-moderate amount of cannabis mixed with tobacco
No A-fib after use has been discontinued
No panic attacks after use discontinued
From this study (1 month ago):
Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Melatonin, A-fib
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Atrial fib and ibs, is there a connection?
I felt wonderful, after a good night sleep and a nice breakfast. Took my heart medicine. Took off for an hour shopping and the A-Fib began with a vengeance and lasted five hours.
During the time, interestingly, I had continuous IBS. If I had not used butter (an IBS trigger) on my toast that morni ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, A-fib
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Melatonin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Melatonin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Compare Allegra and Vitamin E for a 58-year old woman (39 minutes ago)
- Xarelto for a 68-year old man who has DVT (47 minutes ago)
- B Complex Vitamin, Vitamin C, Lansoprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate, Ibuprofen, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride for a 57-year old woman who has Vitamin B2 Deficiency, Vitamin C Deficiency, Reflux Oesophagitis, Chronic Rhinitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, IBS (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Zanaflex and Fluid Retention
- Lithium Carbonate and Vivid Nightmare
- Azathioprine and Total Knee Replacement
- Fluoxetine and Sildenafil Citrate
- Actemra and Depression
Recent user comments
- "I gave myself 2 injections of Humira one on each thig ... " (6 hours ago)
- "Increase blood glucose while taking herceptin treatme ... " (7 hours ago)
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (10 hours ago)
- L Glutathione
- Bromfed Dm
- Breast Enlargement
- Difficulty Breathing
- Tuberculosis Reactivated