Review: could Melatonin cause Arthritis - osteoarthritis (Osteoarthritis)?
Summary: Arthritis - osteoarthritis is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 2,199 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Arthritis - osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis - osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Arthritis - osteoarthritis >>>
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (view latest outcomes from 2,658 users)
Arthritis - osteoarthritis
Arthritis - osteoarthritis (joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, pain.(latest reports from Arthritis - osteoarthritis 33,176 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 2,199 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 27 people (1.23%) have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis.
Time on Melatonin when people have Arthritis - osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Melatonin * :
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||79.17%||20.83% |
Age of people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Melatonin * :
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00%||22.22%||72.22% |
Severity of Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Arthritis - osteoarthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 25.93%)
- Glaucoma (5 people, 18.52%)
- Hypersensitivity (5 people, 18.52%)
- Asthma (5 people, 18.52%)
- Abdominal discomfort (5 people, 18.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (11 people, 40.74%)
- Vitamin e (9 people, 33.33%)
- Aromasin (8 people, 29.63%)
- Femara (8 people, 29.63%)
- Ascorbic acid (8 people, 29.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Is there a support group in the us for people with insulinomas?
(Asked by a 44 year old woman who has Insulinoma, Pancreatic Abdominal Resection, Neuropathy - Facial, Neuropathy - Brachial Plexus, Neuropathy Peripheral, Muscle Cramps, Cataract Surgery, Strabismus, Aorto-duodenal Fistula, Pancreatic Neuroendocrine Tumour, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, Lupus, Posterior Spinal Fusion, Bone Degeneration, Osteoarthritis, Bradycardia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Islets Of Langerhans)
SUPPORT GROUP IN UNITED STATES!!!
Hi, the only support group that I've been able to find for people with insulinomas is located in the UK... just wondering if there is one in the US. I had pancreatic surgery to remove my first insulinoma in 2012, we're thinking there's another because I'm stil ...
- What is the current treatment for larangospasm?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, GERD, Larangospasm With Asthmatic Component, and takes Klonopin, Xanax, Celebrex, Zyrtec, Lipitor, Fluticasone Propionate, Budesonide , Xopenex, Prevacid, Lexapro)
For two years I have been fighting with larangospasm. I have been hospitalized twice and treated with prednisone as well as nebulizers with albuterol. I had botox injections into my vocal cords last July 2013 and have a straw hanging around my neck for straw breathing. The last "attack" lasted one ...
- Is it my thyroid or am i mentally ill? diagnosed w/ hashimoto's thyroiditis but untreated - chronic pain unmanaged also
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who has Spondylosis, Autoimmune Disorder, Asthma Late Onset, Migraine, Degenerative Joint Disease, Lumbar Spinal Stenosis, Facet Joint Syndrome, Sacroiliitis, Diverticulosis, PTSD, IBS, Traumatic Brain Injury, Pelvic Congestion, Fibromyalgia, Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, and takes Albuterol Sulfate, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Maxalt, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Oxycontin, Alvesco, Levothyroxine Thyroid)
I moved to OR from HI and brought all my records, signed releases, and had many diagnoses, all but the thyroid, was being treated and long-term. I also took Oxycontin & Oxycodone for severe chronic pain from bilateral SI joint fusion (right screw protrudes & leg also becomes numb and weak with acti ...
- Can you take ibuprofen for arthritis condition, i have multiple myeloma, i have had stem cell treatment and was clear for 5 years , paraproteins were raised but another stem cell treatment not viable
(Asked by a 69 year old woman who has Pain - Back, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, and takes Ibuprofen, Dhc Plus, Paracetamol)
My consultant has told me Im not to use Ibuprofen as it may alter my blood results. I suffer with pain in my wrists, thighs, lower back. I just dont know who to turn to with this as the pain is 24hrs a day and I dont know what advice is the best!
- Why do my legs freeze all the time, but can not be warmed by a heater?
(Asked by a 71 year old woman who has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Arthritis - Osteoarthritis, Chronic Insomnia, and takes Gabapentin, Neurontin, Amiloride Hydrochloride)
My doc recently put me on Gabapentin because my legs were freezing all the time and heat right in front of my legs did not help at all, What is causing this? Thanks for your help!
More questions for: Melatonin, Arthritis - osteoarthritis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Had nms in 2005, will trileptal increase chance of recurrence?
(Posted by a 62 year old woman who has Narcolepsy, Prinzmetal's Angina , Antiphospholipid Syndrome, High Blood Pressure, Obsessive-compulsive Personality Disorder, Cyclic Vomiting Syndrome, Migraine With Aura, Herniated Intervertebral Disk, Osteoarthritis, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Bipolar I Disorder, and takes Benadryl, Baclofen, Plaquenil, Nitro-bid, Maxalt-mlt, Imitrex, Zofran Odt, Ms Contin, Clonidine, Amlodipine Besylate, Novolog Flexpen, Levemir Flexpen, Halcion, Valium, Primidone, Neurontin, Trileptal)
In 2005 I had NMS, which was not detected by my drs for 4 months. I'd been on Lexapro & Seroquel for 2 yrs, but was weaned from Lexapro & placed on Lamictal 3/05. Began getting low-grade fevers, which I was told were not caused by the Lamictal. I quit taking it anyway, fevers (along with uncontrolla ...
- Sepsis hallucinations misdiagnosed
(Posted by a 69 year old woman who has I, Osteoarthritis, Chronic Pain, Scar-tissue Adhesions, Bowel Blockage, Sepsis, Sepsis Hallucinations, and takes Clonazepam, Dilaudid)
I was admitted to the hospital at 10 p.m., with a total bowel blockage caused by scar-tissue adhesions. I had first gone to the ER at 3 a.m. that morning, but the ER doc misdiagnosed my condition as constipation. I was in extreme pain and also too weak to tell my husband when he first came home t ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Melatonin and diarrhea
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Melatonin)
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Arthritis - osteoarthritis
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Sodium, Depo-provera for a patient with Depression, Anxiety, Ptsd, Hypothyroidism, Excessive Bleeding. The patient has Intermittent Double Vision, Osteoarthritis
Comments: Numerous MS symptoms, balance, numbness and tingling (in arms, hands, palm, fingers and thumbs) head, neck and back sweating, heat intolerent, nervousness, brain zapping, vertigo, random and sudden breathing will be blocked, no air in or out block, all toenails have callused nailbeds, brown verticle ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Benadryl, Allegra Allergy, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin, Paxil, Proair Hfa, Albuterol Sulfate for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Allergy To Chemicals, Multiple Allergies, General Physical Health Deterioration, Health, Anxiety Disorder, Asthmatic Crisis, Asthma. The patient has Acute Severe Asthma, Sweating Fever
Comments: I have had hospitalization (2012)due to a mold allergy. I am on disability bc of this. I moved to Florida bc the cold weather of Michigan was not helping my asthma condition. (I have had asthma for 25 years. Severe allergies since childhood.) Recently my sweating and asthma has gotten worse and I u ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Lasix, Fluticasone Propionate, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Deglycyrrhized Licorice, Vitamin E, Aspirin, Multivitamin, Shatavari, Rehmannia, Omega-3, Prilosec, Hydrocortisone, Xanax, Gabapentin, Norco, Fentanyl-50 for a patient with Immune System Disorder, Vitamin D Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Inflammatory Pain, Allergic Sinusitis, Adrenal Insufficiency, Skin Disorder, Poor Peripheral Circulation, Nutritional Support, Blood In Ejaculation, Ulcer - Duodenal Or Gastric, Addison's Disease, Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Breakthrough Pain, Herniated Intervertebral Disk. The patient has Nerve Root Lesion Nos, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Ganglion, Abdominal Pain, Head Injury, Mastoid Effusion, Muscle Contractions Involuntary, Aches And Pains In Bones, Paralysis, Yeast Infections And Yogurt, Muscular Weakness, Empty Sella Syndrome, Chiari Malformation, Avm - Cerebral, Spondylosis, Degenerative Joint Disease, Musculoskeletal Stiffness, Pain - Head, Fatigue - Chronic, Lightheadedness - Fainting, Cramps - Muscle, Vision Blurred, Loss Of Sensation, Numbness And Tingling, Paresthesias, Sensory Loss, Tingling And Numbness, Dizziness, Restlessness, Skin Burning Sensation, Migraine With Aura, Pain - Muscles
Comments: I have been in pain and have suffered for over 7 years with muscle pain with cramping, aching, burning, stinging, pins/needles, weakness, numbness and paralysis, etc. I live with fatigue and utter exhaustion everyday and hate having to take medicine period, but have no choice in the matter. I know t ...
- A study of drug interactions between Hydroxyzine, Minocycline Hydrochloride, Seroquel Xr, Phentermine, Sprintec, Lamictal, Adderall 30, Melatonin for a patient with Sleep Aid, Acne, Mood Stabilizer, Weight Loss, Birth Control, Add. The patient has Depersonalisation, Appetite - Increased, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Apathy, Weight Gain - Unintentional, Fatigue, Lethargy, Attention Deficit/hyperactivity Disorder, Mood Stabilizer, Overweight
Comments: I've previously been on both Adderall and Phentermine, at different times. I experienced very drastic and noticeable effectiveness. The phentermine helped with weight loss significantly and the Adderall greatly increased my energy levels, self-confidence, elevated mood, and higher concentration and ...
More related studies for: Melatonin, Arthritis - osteoarthritis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.