Review: could Melatonin cause Arthritis - osteoarthritis (Osteoarthritis)?
Summary: Arthritis - osteoarthritis is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, also take medication Zometa, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 2,228 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Arthritis - osteoarthritis. Find out below who they are, when they have Arthritis - osteoarthritis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Melatonin and have Arthritis - osteoarthritis >>>
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 2,687 Melatonin users)
Arthritis - osteoarthritis
Arthritis - osteoarthritis (joint disease caused by cartilage loss in a joint) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 33,267 Arthritis - osteoarthritis patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 2,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 27 people (1.21%) have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis.
Time on Melatonin when people have Arthritis - osteoarthritis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00 |
Gender of people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Melatonin * :
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||79.17%||20.83% |
Age of people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Melatonin * :
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||5.56%||0.00%||22.22%||72.22% |
Severity of Arthritis - osteoarthritis when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Arthritis - osteoarthritis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Arthritis - osteoarthritis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 25.93%)
- Glaucoma (5 people, 18.52%)
- Hypersensitivity (5 people, 18.52%)
- Asthma (5 people, 18.52%)
- Abdominal discomfort (5 people, 18.52%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (11 people, 40.74%)
- Vitamin e (9 people, 33.33%)
- Aromasin (8 people, 29.63%)
- Femara (8 people, 29.63%)
- Ascorbic acid (8 people, 29.63%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of melatonin and arthritis - osteoarthritis on
Do you have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Arthritis - Osteoarthritis
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Arthritis - osteoarthritis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa for a 61-year old woman with Sleep Aid, Thyroid Disorder, High Arch, Depression. The patient has Droopy Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Sertraline, Promethazine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tri-sprintec, Vyvanse, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression, Nausea, Acne And Teenagers, Adhd, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Insomnia, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Viibryd for a 33-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Citrate, Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Mirtazapine, Remeron, Remeron Soltab, Tryptophan for a 35-year old man with Sleep Lack Of (ptsd), In Conjunction With Remeron/mirtazapine To Block/prevent Nightmares, Lack Of Strength, Balance Disorder, Living Will, Depression. The patient has Spasms Of The Hands Or Feet, Weight Gain, Anxiety Disorder, Agitation, Vulnerable To Suggestion, Piss/crap Self, Abdominal Pain Lower, Hyperactive Sight, Smell And Sound Sensory, Slow Response To Stimuli, Blurred Vision, Black Outs/time Loss, Dizziness, Fainting, Pulmonary Embolism, Pulmonary Hypertension, Nightmares, Depression, Depression Suicidal, Suicidal Ideation, Poisoning
- A study of drug interactions between Methadone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone for a 57-year old woman with Pain. The patient has Osteoarthritis
Recent Melatonin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.