Home > Melatonin > Atrial fibrillation > Melatonin and Atrial fibrillation
Review: could Melatonin cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
We study 2,187 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 17 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,635 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) (latest reports from 389,454 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma.
On Sep, 13, 2014: 2,175 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 18 people (0.83%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Melatonin when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||33.33%||0.00%||66.67%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Melatonin * :
|Atrial fibrillation||38.89%||61.11% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Melatonin * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||13.33%||20.00%||66.67% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||50.00%||0.00%||50.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Atrial fibrillation (7 people, 38.89%)
- Sleep disorder (3 people, 16.67%)
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Amnesia (2 people, 11.11%)
- Fabry's disease (2 people, 11.11%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (7 people, 38.89%)
- Multaq (4 people, 22.22%)
- Magnesium oxide (4 people, 22.22%)
- Lasix (4 people, 22.22%)
- Marinol (3 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Melatonin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Melatonin and have Atrial Fibrillation
- group for people who take Melatonin
- group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Comments from related studies:
From this study (1 day ago):
Concerta XL = 108 mg (morning)
Depakote 500 mg (afternoon)
Promethazine 25mg (Night)
From this study (2 weeks ago):
It seems that my a fib has gotten worse since I am now taking atorvastatin and warfarin. I was wondering if there is any connection between these drugs and the a fib symptoms I am experiencing.
From this study (2 weeks ago):
12 hrs after lantus, bs is going up. Also noted increased overall bs as lantus dose increased
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Melatonin, Atrial fibrillation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Melatonin and diarrhea
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Atrial fibrillation
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Melatonin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Melatonin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Pravastatin Sodium for a 46-year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides (13 minutes ago)
- Cryselle, Sertraline for a 19-year old girl who has Birth Control, Panic Attacks (13 minutes ago)
- Probiotic, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Magnesium Sulfate, B-12, Potassium Gluconate, Calcium, Zinc Sulfate, Fish Oil, Singulair, Wellbutrin, Adderall, Biotin, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 67-year old woman who has Digestion, Sleep Aid, Energy, Osteoporosis, Hair Loss, Heart, Asthma, Depression, HDD , Artery Blockage (22 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Cephalexin and Xarelto
- Tarceva and Blood Bilirubin Increased
- Ubiquinol and High Blood Pressure
- Lightheadedness - Dizzy and Norvasc
- Celexa and Enuresis
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (26 minutes ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (39 minutes ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (3 hours ago)
- Enterobius Vermicularis
- Pain Relief
- Diclofenac Sodium