Home > Melatonin > Constipation > Melatonin and Constipation
Review: could Melatonin cause Constipation?
We study 2,189 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 88 have Constipation. Find out below who they are, when they have Constipation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Constipation >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,643 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Constipation (latest reports from 514,264 patients) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, pain, high blood pressure, depression, high blood cholesterol.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 2,175 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 90 people (4.14%) have Constipation.
Time on Melatonin when people have Constipation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Constipation when taking Melatonin * :
Age of people who have Constipation when taking Melatonin * :
Severity of Constipation when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Constipation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (36 people, 40.00%)
- Depression (17 people, 18.89%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 17.78%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 14.44%)
- Sleep disorder (13 people, 14.44%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Nexium (37 people, 41.11%)
- Zometa (35 people, 38.89%)
- Lorazepam (34 people, 37.78%)
- Ambien (30 people, 33.33%)
- Cymbalta (26 people, 28.89%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Constipation while taking Melatonin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Constipation
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Constipation
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Melatonin, Constipation
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Nexium improves my constipation
Started taking Nexium 1 week ago and I noticed improvement with my chronic constipation.
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Constipation
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Melatonin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Melatonin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Melatonin, Zinc Sulfate, Seasonique, Adderall 15, Adderall Xr 30, Lorazepam, Paroxetine Hydrochloride for a patient with Allergies, Sleeplessness, Immune Status, Birth Control, Depression, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Innate Immunity, Tonsillitis, Chronic Sinus Infection, Dry Skin, Chronic Depression, Fatigue - Chronic, Productive Cough, Dry Eyes, Bloating, Red Face, Vaginal Yeast Infection, Constipation, Keratosis Pilaris, Comedone
- A study of side effects of Melatonin for a patient with Insomnia. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Cymbalta, Synthroid, Crestor, Omeprazole, Glumetza, Melatonin, Clonidine Hydrochloride, Clonazepam, Lovaza, Victoza, Acetaminophen for a patient with Depression, Hypothyroidism, Hypercholesterolaemia, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Insomnia, Heat Intolerance, Anxiety, Triglyceride Level, Diabetes, Preventive Health Care. The patient has Constipation Aggravated, Heat Intolerance, Insomnia
More related studies for: Melatonin, Constipation
Recent Melatonin related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Melatonin, Constipation
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.