Home > Melatonin > Cushing's syndrome > Melatonin and Cushing's syndrome
Review: could Melatonin cause Cushing's syndrome?
We study 2,189 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Cushing's syndrome. Find out below who they are, when they have Cushing's syndrome and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Cushing's syndrome >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,643 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Cushing's syndrome (obesity, a rounded face, increased fat) (latest reports from 5,804 patients) has been reported by people with hiv infection, asthma, psoriasis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 2,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 2 people (0.09%) have Cushing's Syndrome.
Time on Melatonin when people have Cushing's syndrome * :
Gender of people who have Cushing's syndrome when taking Melatonin * :
|Cushing's syndrome||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Cushing's syndrome when taking Melatonin * :
|Cushing's syndrome||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||50.00%||50.00% |
Severity of Cushing's syndrome when taking Melatonin ** :
How people recovered from Cushing's syndrome ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Graft versus host disease (2 people, 100.00%)
- Immunosuppression (2 people, 100.00%)
- Fungal infection (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Budesonide (2 people, 100.00%)
- Prednisone tab (2 people, 100.00%)
- Azoles (2 people, 100.00%)
- Alemtuzumab (2 people, 100.00%)
- Tacrolimus (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cushing's Syndrome while taking Melatonin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Cushing's Syndrome
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Cushing's Syndrome
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Losartan 75mg med not working for anyone else?
BP 149/103, 151/94, 151/94, 153/100, 150/103 after taking up to 75mg of Losartan for BP.
- Can melatonin cause precocious puberty
can the use of Melatonin to help kids (girls) fall asleep cause Precocious puberty?
- Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nightti ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
- Hypopituitarism and fever
I read your article on testing of hypopituitarisum and fever - http://www.ehealthme.com/cs/hypopituitarism/fever - Twice now in the past 2 years I have broken out in a great deal of pain accompanied by a high temperature of about 102. I was told since I take cortef, that I should not get fevers - bu ...
- Six months of unremitting glossitis
could my swollen, painful tongue be due to low seratonin? my face creams? I have general pain that worsens on eating acidic foods, milk products,but pain disappears at night (thank God)
- I have been off melatonin for 2.5 weeks. when does blurred vision go away?
I have been off melatonin 2.5 weeks and am still having blurred vision while doing close up paper/computer work. When do the symptoms go away?
- I have high calcium in my blood. does melatonin gives dizziness. i did get.
I also had shoulder surgeris when i was hit by a car while crossing the road 2 years ago. Rotatoe cuffs on both shoulders torn badly and had some fractures which healed later. However both shoulder surgery went wrong. Because ogpf unbearable pain. i requested the surgeon to get MRI. They show I have ...
- Can melatonin cause a tingly sensation in legs
I have been taking melatonin for a month and just noticed the past 5 days that my lower legs feel like an inside tingly sensation. Can't sleep because of it.
More questions for: Melatonin, Cushing's syndrome
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Melatonin and diarrhea
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
- Melatonin and skin dryness
I've been having hard time to sleep, so I started taking Melatonin.
It is OTC sleep aid with melatonin and herbal treatment (lemon balm and camomile).
about three days after started taking the drug, my back of hands started showing red rashes, then neck and around lips.
a week after taking medica ...
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
- Living with chronic pain while battling with psychological disorders.
I have had back problems since 2004. I have been on pain management since 2007. A year ago I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Not only does fibromyalgia cause deep wide spread pain, it also makes me feel lethargic, fluish, and greatly effects my daily life. I also have some psychological conditions ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Cushing's syndrome
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Melatonin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Melatonin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Related drug studies for: Melatonin, Cushing's syndrome
Recent Melatonin related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Marijuana, Melatonin for a 20-year old man who has Needed To See For Myself
- Comparions of Melatonin, Rebif for a 44-year old woman who has MS
- Comparions of Melatonin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Zopiclone for a 78-year old man who has Chronic Insomnia
- Comparions of Melatonin, Pradaxa for a 72-year old man who has Atrial Fibrillation/flutter
- Comparions of Melatonin, Advil for a 62-year old woman who has Recurrent Leg Pain And Cramping
- Comparions of Concerta, Melatonin for a 12-year old boy who has Insomnia Concerns
- Comparions of Metformin, Coreg, Pravastatin Sodium, Melatonin, Omeprazole Magnesium for a 51-year old woman who has Acid Reflux
- Comparions of Claritin-d 24 Hour, Doxylamine Succinate, Melatonin, Ibuprofen for a 14-year old girl who has ART
- Comparions of 5 HTP, Melatonin for a 14-year old boy who has Sleeplessness
- Comparions of Melatonin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride for a 41-year old woman who has Depression - Chronic
More related comparison studies for: Melatonin, Cushing's syndrome
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.