Home > Melatonin > Diarrhea > Melatonin and Diarrhea
Review: could Melatonin cause Diarrhea?
We study 2,189 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Diarrhea. Find out below who they are, when they have Diarrhea and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Diarrhea >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,643 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Diarrhea (latest reports from 1,102,104 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, pain, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 2,175 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 86 people (3.95%) have Diarrhea.
Time on Melatonin when people have Diarrhea * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Diarrhea when taking Melatonin * :
Age of people who have Diarrhea when taking Melatonin * :
Severity of Diarrhea when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Diarrhea ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (14 people, 16.28%)
- Pain (10 people, 11.63%)
- Sleep disorder (7 people, 8.14%)
- Convulsion (7 people, 8.14%)
- Hypertension (6 people, 6.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Levaquin (16 people, 18.60%)
- Vitamin d (15 people, 17.44%)
- Zometa (15 people, 17.44%)
- Peridex (14 people, 16.28%)
- Vitamin b-12 (13 people, 15.12%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diarrhea while taking Melatonin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Diarrhea
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Diarrhea
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
help on Apr, 9, 2014:
hair loss maybe due to thyroid issues?
From this study (2 years ago):
I'm weaning off of klonipin too.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Melatonin, Diarrhea
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Melatonin and diarrhea
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Diarrhea
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Melatonin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Melatonin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Lansoprazole for a 33-year old woman who has Stomach Pain (1 hour ago)
- Bactrim Ds, Sprintec for a 22-year old woman who has Urinary Tract Infection, Pregnancy (1 hour ago)
- Vyvanse, Vistaril, Seroquel Xr, Trileptal for a 17-year old girl who has ADHD, Anxiety, Apprehension, Feeling Uptight, Jitters, Stress, Stress And Anxiety, Tension, Bipolar, Adjustment Disorder With Mixed Anxiety And Depressed Mood (2 hours ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- High Blood Cholesterol and Dark Circles Under Eyes
- Interstitial Cystitis (ic)
- Clopidogrel Bisulfate and Peripheral Neuropathy
Recent user comments
- "My ears were bothering me last week and were clogged ... " (3 hours ago)
- "Had clogged ears with ear wax this week. Got them cle ... " (4 hours ago)
- "My son also has epilepsy. His seisures are always un ... " (5 hours ago)
- Lithium Overdose
- Post Splenectomy Syndrome
- Clobetasol Propionate