Home > Melatonin > Drug screen positive > Melatonin and Drug screen positive
Review: could Melatonin cause Drug screen positive?
Summary: Drug screen positive is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, also take medication Aspirin, and have Multiple allergies.
We study 2,189 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Drug screen positive. Find out below who they are, when they have Drug screen positive and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Drug screen positive >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,653 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Drug screen positive
Drug screen positive (latest reports from 17,288 patients) has been reported by people with depression, pain, stress and anxiety, gastrooesophageal reflux disease, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 2,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 6 people (0.27%) have Drug Screen Positive.
Time on Melatonin when people have Drug screen positive * :
Gender of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Melatonin * :
|Drug screen positive||20.00%||80.00% |
Age of people who have Drug screen positive when taking Melatonin * :
|Drug screen positive||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple allergies (4 people, 66.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (4 people, 66.67%)
- Back pain (4 people, 66.67%)
- Sleep disorder (4 people, 66.67%)
- Fibromyalgia (4 people, 66.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (5 people, 83.33%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 66.67%)
- Januvia (4 people, 66.67%)
- Simvastatin (4 people, 66.67%)
- Dexilant (4 people, 66.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Drug Screen Positive while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Drug Screen Positive
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Drug Screen Positive
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Middle Insomnia, and takes Melatonin)
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver transplant.
- Can melatonin cause precocious puberty
(Asked by a 7 year old girl who has Precocious Puberty, and takes Melatonin)
can the use of Melatonin to help kids (girls) fall asleep cause Precocious puberty?
- Has anyone suffered from muscle spasms/convulsions with increased blood pressure and anxiety when stopping use of melatonin?
(Asked by a 64 year old man who has Panic Disorder, and takes Melatonin, Inderal, Klonopin, Clonidine, Benicar, Doxylamine Succinate)
Was using only 10 mg. daily of Inderal plus 1 mg. synthetic Melatonin 5 nights a week. Stopped the Melatonin in August and have had high blood pressure ever since, with my doc putting me on the other meds listed. Does Doxylamine worsen BP problems? Most importantly, has anyone experienced nightti ...
- I have nightmares almost every night with thrashing and kicking...is this caused by my medications
(Asked by a 60 year old man who has Thrashing And Kicking Nightmares, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prozac, Ginkgo Biloba, Hydralazine Hydrochloride, Lisinopril, Amlodipine, Terazosin Hydrochloride, Potassium Chloride, Beta Glucans, Ashwagandha, Garlic Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Vitamin C, Coenzyme Q10, Ginseng, Melatonin, Salmon Oil, Slo-Niacin, Zinc Sulfate, Probiotic, Glycine, Grape Seed, Chromium Picolinate, SEANOL, Iron EDTA, Vitamin D, B Complex Vitamin, Multivitamin)
Diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago and uses a C-pap machine every night.
- What would cause a false positive for valium? i.e. i didnt take it, but has shown up in several of my urine test
(Asked by a 32 year old woman who takes Suboxone, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Melatonin, Benadryl, Excedrin, Ranitidine)
I've been going to my Suboxone doctor for over a year now. In that time all I have done (as far as "narcotic" go) is my Suboxone and when my grandpa passed she wrote me a small script, on 2 different occasion for Xanax 0.5 (which I was actually able to hold onto until about a month ago..) Well, yest ...
More questions for: Melatonin, Drug screen positive
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Melatonin and diarrhea
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Melatonin)
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
- Melatonin and skin dryness
(Posted by a 27 year old man who has Dry Skin And Cold Weather Itch, and takes Melatonin)
I've been having hard time to sleep, so I started taking Melatonin.
It is OTC sleep aid with melatonin and herbal treatment (lemon balm and camomile).
about three days after started taking the drug, my back of hands started showing red rashes, then neck and around lips.
a week after taking medica ...
- Bad side effect of melatonin/imitrex use together
(Posted by a 55 year old woman who has Insomnia, Migraine, and takes Melatonin, Imitrex)
I have taken melatonin for insomnia I've been experiencing recently (not a chronic condition). I haven't had any problems or interactions with my other regular medications while using the melatonin, other than drowsiness in the morning. Last night I had a migraine at bedtime, so took 50 mg. of imi ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Drug screen positive
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of drug interactions between Relpax, Ambien, Melatonin, Singulair, Ritalin, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Simvastatin, Namenda Xr, Lamotrigine, Bupropion Hydrochloride for a patient with Frequent Headaches, Insomnia, Chronic Insomnia, Allergy, Add, Arthritis, Hypothyroidism, High Blood Cholesterol, Memory Impairment, Cyclothymic Disorder, Chronic Depression. The patient has Depression, Insomnia, Frequent Headaches, Postnasal Drip
Comments: Depression diagnosed first, and eventually identified as cyclothymia. Arthritis second. Hypothyroid and high cholesterol next. Headaches resolved with menopause, but have come back. Allergic reactions to unknown things about same time as headaches.
- A study of side effects of Melatonin for a patient with Sleep Disorder. The patient has Milia (dead skin becomes trapped in small pockets at the surface of the skin or mouth)
Comments: I use Melatonin Pura for about more than two weeks and from the last two weeks I noticed that there are white hard tiny bumps on my forehead mostly. I have had only one on my cheek that is there for 4 years. And the others on my forehead and cheeks are new and they appear every day. I think it can b ...
- A study of drug interactions between Centrum Silver, Glucosamine And Chondroitin Sulfate And MSM, Soma, Benadryl, Melatonin, Clonazepam, Dicyclomine Hydrochloride, Zocor, Dexilant, Hyzaar for a patient with General Health & Wellness, Health, Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Anxiety And Stress, Ibs, High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Volume Of Seminal Fluid, Drug-induced Erectile Dysfunction
Comments: I have a relatively weak erection (estimate 50-60% of maximum erection potential) and tend to have a weak orgasm with only a moderate amount of ejaculate (even after 2-4 weeks of abstinence). I am in excellent cardiovascular health exercising 3-4 days a week on an elliptical, achieving sustained exe ...
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Sertraline, Clonidine for a patient with Sleep Disorder, Mosaicism, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Autism Spectrum Disorder
Comments: Upon taking the Clonidine & melatonin before bedtime, this 4 year old develops severe knee clicking which seems to hurt her upon falling asleep. If she gets angry during the day she can involuntarily start the knee clicking. She is very double jointed.
More related studies for: Melatonin, Drug screen positive
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.