Home > Melatonin > Hair loss > Melatonin and Hair loss
Review: could Melatonin cause Hair loss?
We study 2,187 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 31 have Hair loss. Find out below who they are, when they have Hair loss and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Hair loss >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,635 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Hair loss (latest reports from 229,047 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, depression.
On Sep, 14, 2014: 2,175 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 31 people (1.43%) have Hair Loss.
Time on Melatonin when people have Hair loss * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Hair loss||16.67%||50.00%||0.00%||16.67%||16.67%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Hair loss when taking Melatonin * :
|Hair loss||86.67%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Hair loss when taking Melatonin * :
|Hair loss||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||22.22%||5.56%||16.67%||38.89%||16.67% |
Severity of Hair loss when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Hair loss||12.50%||75.00%||12.50%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Hair loss ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Hair loss||0.00%||20.00%||80.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Sleep disorder (9 people, 29.03%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 22.58%)
- Muscle spasms (7 people, 22.58%)
- Insomnia (4 people, 12.90%)
- Headache (3 people, 9.68%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Prilosec (11 people, 35.48%)
- Multi-vitamin (8 people, 25.81%)
- Clonazepam (8 people, 25.81%)
- Metoprolol succinate (8 people, 25.81%)
- Spiriva (7 people, 22.58%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Hair Loss while taking Melatonin?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Hair Loss
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Hair Loss
Comments from related studies:
From this study (7 months ago):
Over past 6+ years, hair has thinned by half.
help on Apr, 9, 2014:
hair loss maybe due to thyroid issues?
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Melatonin, Hair loss
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Double vision on levothyroxine
Diagnosed with under active thyroid in January 2011. Noticed onset of double vision in January 2014. Blurred vision and double vision worsened to such an extent that my glasses prescription has changed three times in less than 7 months. All the symptons I experience are a direct result of taking Le ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Hair loss
On eHealthMe, Melatonin (melatonin) is often used for insomnia. Find out below the conditions Melatonin is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Melatonin used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Memantine, Advair Diskus 100/50, Donepezil, Amlodipine for a 93-year old woman who has Inflammation Localised, Anxiety Disorder, Alzheimers, Asthma, Alzheimer's Disease, Blood Pressure Increased (22 minutes ago)
- Celexa for a 20-year old woman who has Chronic Depression (1 hour ago)
- Prozac for a 25-year old woman who has Depression (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Prozac and Brittle Nails
- Raspberry Ketone and Diverticulitis
- Blister and Gabapentin
- Urinary Tract Infection and Micardis
Recent user comments
- "I feel as if I have a lump in my throat, as if someth ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Took Nexium for one week. After four days started bre ... " (6 hours ago)
- "he was fine till he took prednizone 10 days died the ... " (7 hours ago)
- Swallowing Difficulty
- Renal Failure Acute