Review: could Melatonin cause Heart rate increased?
Summary: Heart rate increased is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Protonix, and have Pain.
We study 2,225 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 37 have Heart rate increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Heart rate increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Melatonin and have Heart rate increased >>>
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 2,685 Melatonin users)
Heart rate increased
Heart rate increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, asthma. (latest reports from 39,708 Heart rate increased patients)
On Mar, 3, 2015: 2,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 37 people (1.66%) have Heart Rate Increased.
Time on Melatonin when people have Heart rate increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Heart rate increased||28.57%||14.29%||57.14%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Melatonin * :
|Heart rate increased||83.78%||16.22% |
Age of people who have Heart rate increased when taking Melatonin * :
|Heart rate increased||0.00%||0.00%||21.88%||12.50%||12.50%||12.50%||6.25%||34.38% |
Severity of Heart rate increased when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Heart rate increased||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Heart rate increased ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Heart rate increased||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (20 people, 54.05%)
- Anxiety (13 people, 35.14%)
- Reflux gastritis (9 people, 24.32%)
- Breast cancer (9 people, 24.32%)
- Insomnia (8 people, 21.62%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Protonix (16 people, 43.24%)
- Spiriva (16 people, 43.24%)
- Celebrex (15 people, 40.54%)
- Xanax (15 people, 40.54%)
- Dilaudid (15 people, 40.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of melatonin and heart rate increased on
Do you have Heart Rate Increased while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Heart Rate Increased
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Heart Rate Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Premarin for a 3-year old girl with Sleeplessness, Adhesion. The patient has Head Discomfort
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Valerian, Effexor Xr, Ativan, Thorazine for a 42-year old woman with Chronic Insomnia, Insomnia, Depression Suicidal, Anxiety. The patient has Weakness, Fatigue, Lower Blood Pressure, Dry Eyes
- A study of drug interactions between Ritalin La, Provigil for a 67-year old woman with Sleepiness - During The Day, Sleeping Sickness. The patient has Heart Rate Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa for a 61-year old woman with Sleep Aid, Thyroid Disorder, High Arch, Depression. The patient has Droopy Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Sertraline, Promethazine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tri-sprintec, Vyvanse, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression, Nausea, Acne And Teenagers, Adhd, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Insomnia, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Abdominal Pain
Recent Melatonin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.