Home > Melatonin > Irregular heartbeat > Melatonin and Irregular heartbeat
Review: could Melatonin cause Irregular heartbeat (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Irregular heartbeat is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Neurontin, and have Insomnia.
We study 2,199 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 27 have Irregular heartbeat. Find out below who they are, when they have Irregular heartbeat and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Irregular heartbeat >>>
Melatonin (latest outcomes from 2,653 users) has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia.
Irregular heartbeat (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) (latest reports from 51,983 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.
On Nov, 25, 2014: 2,189 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 26 people (1.19%) have Irregular Heartbeat.
Time on Melatonin when people have Irregular heartbeat * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Melatonin * :
|Irregular heartbeat||76.92%||23.08% |
Age of people who have Irregular heartbeat when taking Melatonin * :
|Irregular heartbeat||0.00%||4.00%||16.00%||4.00%||24.00%||12.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Irregular heartbeat when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Irregular heartbeat||14.29%||71.43%||14.29%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Irregular heartbeat ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Irregular heartbeat||20.00%||20.00%||60.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Insomnia (6 people, 23.08%)
- Pain (4 people, 15.38%)
- Multiple sclerosis (3 people, 11.54%)
- Depression (3 people, 11.54%)
- Asthma (3 people, 11.54%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Neurontin (5 people, 19.23%)
- Doxycycline (4 people, 15.38%)
- Lisinopril (4 people, 15.38%)
- Vitamin d (4 people, 15.38%)
- Fish oil (3 people, 11.54%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Irregular Heartbeat while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Irregular Heartbeat
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Irregular Heartbeat
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can i take melatonin if i take prograf?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Middle Insomnia, and takes Melatonin)
I take Prograf to prevent organ rejection in a liver transplant.
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but ...
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Heart Pounding Or Racing, and takes Biotin)
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day ...
- Does it produce vitamin k
(Asked by a 70 year old man who has Sintrom, Irregular Heartbeat)
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
- Does bystolic cause loss of balance
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has Heart Palpitations)
bystolic causes dizzines, no balance, weak legs, fulllness in ears,heart pounding
More questions for: Melatonin, Irregular heartbeat
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
(Posted by a 35 year old woman who has Heartburn, Nausea, Heart Palpitations)
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of he ...
- I need advise, badly ckd!!
(Posted by a 49 year old woman who has Constipation, Peripheral Neuropathy, Orthostatic Hypotension, Chronic Kidney Disease, and takes Milk Thistle, Zolpidem, Melatonin, Xanax, Adderall 30, Zorvolex)
The orthostatic BP started in mid April, I was only dizzy upon wakening then it would subside. I have never been a big breakfast eater so I started doing that. We were in Disney later in April and I was extremely fatigued, to the point of not wanting to walk, Disney would be the first time I passe ...
- Melatonin reduces essential tremor of the hand
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Essential Tremor, and takes Fish Oil, Vitamin D, Atenolol, Melatonin)
After taking Melatonin 1mg as a sleep aid for several nights, I noticed that my essential tremor of the hand was showing improvement. Within a week the tremor was almost unnoticeable, and I could print and write neatly, even when slightly stressed at work. I haven't seen this response reported any ...
- Melatonin and diarrhea
(Posted by a 73 year old man who has Sleep Disorder, and takes Melatonin)
I have had difficulty sleeping most of my life. Difficulty going to sleep and waking up multiple times during the night were a usual pattern for me. Testing for sleep apnea did not show a positive result. A friend said to try Melatonin that for him it worked fine. I tried it and the diarrhea st ...
- Melatonin and skin dryness
(Posted by a 27 year old man who has Dry Skin And Cold Weather Itch, and takes Melatonin)
I've been having hard time to sleep, so I started taking Melatonin.
It is OTC sleep aid with melatonin and herbal treatment (lemon balm and camomile).
about three days after started taking the drug, my back of hands started showing red rashes, then neck and around lips.
a week after taking medica ...
More reviews for: Melatonin, Irregular heartbeat
- A study of side effects of Ramipril for a patient with Hypertension. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: I have been having these palpitations for this phase since August 2014 although I have had them before, whilst on Ramipril. Had an ECG and other than I have been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats the heart looks healthy enough, yet I am getting severe palpitations daily, to the point they do put me ...
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Buspirone Hydrochloride for a patient with Meniere's Disease, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Palpitations
Comments: Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Intuniv, Zoloft, Strattera for a patient with Sleep - Natural Short Sleeper, Adhd, Anxiety. The patient has Tic, Slow Involuntary Movements Of Large Muscle Groups, Foot Spasms
Comments: Our son is very high IQ and has ADHD. He had been on Adderal xr until recently. The psychiatrist said that that may be causing the tics. He has been off the Adderall for 3 days now and still is having this body spasms...it's very weird looking and he does not realize it's happening.
- A study of side effects of Paxil Cr for a patient with Generalised Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Heart Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing)
Comments: In the process of weaning off seroxat. went from 6mg to 0mg and went cold turkey. then back on 12mg and getting palpitation and insomnia for 1 week. Is the palpitation a withdrawal symptom or condition? When I was on 6mg I was fine with no palpitation or anxiety attack.
- A study of drug interactions between Pentazocine Injection, Lidocaine Hydrochloride, Ibuprofen, Losartan, Aspirin, Buspirone Hydrochloride, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Metoprolol Tartrate, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen for a patient with Motor Dysfunction, Pain, Swelling Of A Joint, Blood Pressure Fluctuation, Heart Block Congenital, Anxiety Disorder, Thyroid Mass, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Pain In Right Arm, Pain Exacerbated, Nausea, Hypothyroidic Goitre, Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Decreased Appetite, Blood Test Abnormal, Heartbeat Sensations, Low Blood Pressure, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Weakness, Back Pain - Low, Neck, Shoulder And Arm Syndrome, Headache - Migraine With Aura
Comments: Thyroid blood work 639 now on synthetic thyroid medication but blood pressure is dropping lower as time is passing. I have severe headaches and migraines. My lower right back is hurting bad. Hydrocodone edges not even help the pain. They saw my thyroid enlarged in cat scan . I am going for a son ...
More related studies for: Melatonin, Irregular heartbeat
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.