Melatonin and Itching - from FDA reports
Itching is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old also take medication Vitamin D, and have High blood pressure. This review analyzes which people have Itching with Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,039 people who have side effects when taking Melatonin from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Jul, 21, 2017
11,039 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin.
Among them, 251 people (2.27%) have Itching
Number of reports submitted per year:
Gender of people who have Itching when taking Melatonin *:
- female: 73.9 %
- male: 26.1 %
Age of people who have Itching when taking Melatonin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 1.49 %
- 10-19: 5.45 %
- 20-29: 2.97 %
- 30-39: 8.42 %
- 40-49: 17.33 %
- 50-59: 23.76 %
- 60+: 40.59 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- High Blood Pressure (24 people, 9.56%)
- Pain (20 people, 7.97%)
- Multiple Sclerosis (20 people, 7.97%)
- High Blood Cholesterol (18 people, 7.17%)
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (15 people, 5.98%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Vitamin D (41 people, 16.33%)
- Vitamin B12 (31 people, 12.35%)
- Magnesium (26 people, 10.36%)
- Fish Oil (25 people, 9.96%)
- Vitamin C (22 people, 8.76%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Rashes (87 people, 34.66%)
- Fatigue (54 people, 21.51%)
- Diarrhea (41 people, 16.33%)
- Pain (36 people, 14.34%)
- Nausea (36 people, 14.34%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Itching when taking Melatonin?
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 11,414 users)
Itching has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood cholesterol, high blood pressure (latest reports from 159,949 Itching patients).