Review: could Melatonin cause Joint inflammation (Arthritis)?
Summary: Joint inflammation is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 2,225 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Joint inflammation. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint inflammation and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Melatonin and have Joint inflammation >>>
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 2,685 Melatonin users)
Joint inflammation (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, arthritis. (latest reports from 55,501 Joint inflammation patients)
On Feb, 22, 2015: 2,216 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 16 people (0.72%) have Joint Inflammation.
Time on Melatonin when people have Joint inflammation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint inflammation when taking Melatonin * :
|Joint inflammation||86.67%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Joint inflammation when taking Melatonin * :
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||23.08%||15.38%||53.85% |
Severity of Joint inflammation when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint inflammation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 31.25%)
- Pain (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (4 people, 25.00%)
- Sleep aid (3 people, 18.75%)
- Metabolism (3 people, 18.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 43.75%)
- Benadryl (4 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 18.75%)
- Lortab (3 people, 18.75%)
- Ascorbic acid (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Joint Inflammation while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Joint Inflammation
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Joint Inflammation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall 30, Norco, Dilaudid, Oxycontin for a 38-year old woman with ADHD, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Rheumatoid Arthritis. The patient has Hydronephrosis, Kidney Palpable, Kidney Stones, Medullary Cystic Kidney Disease, Wound Healing Normal, Herpes Virus Infection, Herpes Zoster, Eczema, Hip Pain, X-ray - Pelvis, Back Pain, Adhd, Lack Of Strength, Muscle Weakness, Weakness, Muscle Pain, Brain Mass, Fatigue - Chronic, Seizure - Generalized, Connective Tissue Inflammation, Joint Stiffness, Joint Inflammation, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metoprolol Tartrate And Hydrochlorothiazide, Celexa for a 61-year old woman with Sleep Aid, Thyroid Disorder, High Arch, Depression. The patient has Droopy Eye
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Sertraline, Promethazine, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Tri-sprintec, Vyvanse, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride for a 25-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression, Nausea, Acne And Teenagers, Adhd, Muscle Spasms. The patient has Insomnia, Nausea, Fatigue - Chronic, Neck Pain, Back Pain, Abdominal Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Viibryd for a 33-year old woman with Sleep Disorder, Depression. The patient has Night Sweats
- A study of side effects of Humira for a 32-year old man with Crohn's Disease. The patient has Eyelid Inflammation (chronic inflammation of the eyelid), Arthritis (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints), Psoriasis Aggravated (immune-mediated disease that affects the skin), Skin Burning Sensation
Recent Melatonin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.