Review: could Melatonin cause Joint inflammation (Arthritis)?
Summary: Joint inflammation is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Osteoporosis.
We study 2,228 people who have side effects while taking Melatonin from FDA and social media. Among them, 16 have Joint inflammation. Find out below who they are, when they have Joint inflammation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Melatonin and have Joint inflammation >>>
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from 2,693 Melatonin users)
Joint inflammation (form of joint disorder that involves inflammation of one or more joints) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, high blood pressure, arthritis. (latest reports from 55,509 Joint inflammation patients)
On Mar, 25, 2015: 2,225 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin. Among them, 16 people (0.72%) have Joint Inflammation.
Time on Melatonin when people have Joint inflammation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Gender of people who have Joint inflammation when taking Melatonin * :
|Joint inflammation||86.67%||13.33% |
Age of people who have Joint inflammation when taking Melatonin * :
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||7.69%||23.08%||15.38%||53.85% |
Severity of Joint inflammation when taking Melatonin ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Joint inflammation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Joint inflammation||0.00%||25.00%||75.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Osteoporosis (5 people, 31.25%)
- Pain (4 people, 25.00%)
- Hypersensitivity (4 people, 25.00%)
- Sleep aid (3 people, 18.75%)
- Metabolism (3 people, 18.75%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (7 people, 43.75%)
- Benadryl (4 people, 25.00%)
- Fosamax (3 people, 18.75%)
- Lortab (3 people, 18.75%)
- Ascorbic acid (3 people, 18.75%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Joint Inflammation while taking Melatonin?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Melatonin and have Joint Inflammation
- support group for people who take Melatonin
- support group for people who have Joint Inflammation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Vitamin B12, Zyrtec Allergy, Flonase for a 63-year old woman with Insomnia, Fatigue - Chronic, Allergy, Allergic Sinusitis. The patient has Numbness In Hands Or Feet, Headache, Blurred Vision
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin E, Simvastatin, Hydrochlorothiazide, Prilosec Otc, Cayenne, Multivitamin, Melatonin, Fish Oil, Calcium, Biotin, B Complex Vitamin, Tavist Allergy/sinus/headache, Actifed, Norco for a 50-year old woman with General Physical Condition, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn - Chronic, Edema, General Physical Health Deterioration, Difficulty Falling Asleep, Bone Strength And Calcium, Spoon Nails, Fatigue, Allergies, Chronic Pain. The patient has Enlarged Liver
- A study of side effects of Melatonin for a 67-year old man with Melasma. The patient has Rash Erythematous
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Pepcid Ac, Aspirin, Claritin-d 24 Hour, Calcium, Fish Oil, Magnesium, Metoprolol Succinate, Advair Diskus 100/50, Concerta, Imiquimod for a 53-year old man with Sleep Disorder Due To General Medical Condition, Insomnia Type, Acid Reflux, General Physical Health Deterioration, Allergy, Constipation, High Blood Pressure, Asthma, Adhd, Plantar Warts. The patient has Blood Potassium Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Melatonin, Magnesium, Vitamin B6, Keppra for a 19-year old boy with Sleep Disorder, Hyperactivity, Seizure - Grand Mal. The patient has Insomnia, Hyperactivity, Erythromelalgia
Recent Melatonin related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.