Melatonin and Water retention - from FDA reports
Water retention is found among people who take Melatonin, especially for people who are female, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lyrica, and have Primary pulmonary hypertension. This review analyzes which people have Water retention with Melatonin. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 11,039 people who have side effects when taking Melatonin from FDA , and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On Sep, 20, 2017
11,039 people reported to have side effects when taking Melatonin.
Among them, 62 people (0.56%) have Water retention
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Melatonin when people have Water retention *:
- < 1 month: 25 %
- 1 - 6 months: 25 %
- 6 - 12 months: 25 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 25 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Water retention when taking Melatonin *:
- female: 73.77 %
- male: 26.23 %
Age of people who have Water retention when taking Melatonin *:
- 0-1: 0.0 %
- 2-9: 0.0 %
- 10-19: 2.27 %
- 20-29: 0.0 %
- 30-39: 6.82 %
- 40-49: 6.82 %
- 50-59: 34.09 %
- 60+: 47.73 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension (12 people, 19.35%)
- Narcolepsy (10 people, 16.13%)
- Pulmonary Hypertension (7 people, 11.29%)
- Pain (5 people, 8.06%)
- Drowsiness (5 people, 8.06%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lyrica (17 people, 27.42%)
- Lasix (16 people, 25.81%)
- Xyrem (13 people, 20.97%)
- Vitamin D (11 people, 17.74%)
- Nexium (9 people, 14.52%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Weight Increased (17 people, 27.42%)
- Headache (10 people, 16.13%)
- Breathing Difficulty (10 people, 16.13%)
- High Blood Pressure (9 people, 14.52%)
- Fatigue (9 people, 14.52%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Subscribe to the study: get notified of updates to the study.
Do you have Water retention when taking Melatonin?
- Check symptoms - is water retention caused by a drug or a condition?
- Get alerts to symptoms - forecast your symptoms and get alerts
- Join related support groups - you are not alone, join a support group on ehealth.me
- Report the side effect - help people in need and in real time
- Ask a question - ask a question related to the study
- write a review - share your experience related to the study
- More tools...
Expand the study to include all drugs with the same ingredientsWater retention and drugs with ingredients of melatonin.
Expand the study to include reports from both FDA and eHealthMeWater retention and Melatonin from FDA and eHealthMe reports
Melatonin has active ingredients of melatonin. It is often used in insomnia. (latest outcomes from Melatonin 12,272 users)
Water retention has been reported by people with primary pulmonary hypertension, pulmonary hypertension, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 39,871 Water retention patients).
Browse all side effects of Melatonina b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
Drugs that are associated with Water retentionWater retention
Could your condition cause Water retentionWater retention
What would happen?
Questions to the study
User reviews to the study
Hi! I've been taking Diltiazem for 2 weeks now and noticed some swelling in my ankles and feet. Should I be concerned? It's Friday and to late to call my Dr. And want to make sure I'll be ok till Monday. Thanks!
New to the group and have been going nuts trying to figure out why I had lost my sense of taste. A few months ago my pain management doc recommended it and it helps me get to sleep. I did a Google search on it and loss of taste, and boom! How long from when I stop taking it until my sense of ...
I am trying to find out information on using Saphris and Melatonin together. My daughter Carol has been on Saphris for only 8 days now. 5mgs. twices a day. For two nights it helped her sleep, but now she is pacing day and night. She needs help and I am hoping for a more natural help rather than ...