Review: could Meloxicam cause Atrial fibrillation (Atrial fibrillation/flutter)?
Summary: Atrial fibrillation is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 6 - 12 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 9,122 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 146 have Atrial fibrillation. Find out below who they are, when they have Atrial fibrillation and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Atrial fibrillation >>>
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 10,377 Meloxicam users)
Atrial fibrillation (fibrillation of the muscles of the atria of the heart) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, multiple myeloma. (latest reports from 87,299 Atrial fibrillation patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 9,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 147 people (1.61%) have Atrial Fibrillation.
Time on Meloxicam when people have Atrial fibrillation * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Atrial fibrillation||33.33%||0.00%||50.00%||4.17%||12.50%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Meloxicam * :
|Atrial fibrillation||68.60%||31.40% |
Age of people who have Atrial fibrillation when taking Meloxicam * :
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.92%||0.00%||3.65%||9.49%||83.94% |
Severity of Atrial fibrillation when taking Meloxicam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Atrial fibrillation ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Atrial fibrillation||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (35 people, 23.81%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 10.20%)
- Hypersensitivity (13 people, 8.84%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (12 people, 8.16%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (12 people, 8.16%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (51 people, 34.69%)
- Omeprazole (45 people, 30.61%)
- Fluconazole (44 people, 29.93%)
- Lasix (37 people, 25.17%)
- Digoxin (35 people, 23.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of meloxicam and atrial fibrillation on
Do you have Atrial Fibrillation while taking Meloxicam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Atrial Fibrillation
- support group for people who take Meloxicam
- support group for people who have Atrial Fibrillation
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 61-year old woman with Arthritis. The patient has Constipation
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Diovan, Omeprazole, Zolpidem, Alprazolam, Provera, Zyrtec Allergy, Lexapro, Topamax for a 41-year old woman with Arthritis, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Insomnia, Anxiety Disorder, Endometriosis, Allergic Sinusitis, Depression, Bipolar. The patient has Teeth Grinding And Clenching
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a 72-year old man with Pain. The patient has Dry Eyes
Recent Meloxicam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.