Review: could Meloxicam cause Depression?
(By eHealthMe on Mar, 3, 2014)
Severity ratings: 2.1/4
On a scale of 1 to 4: 1=least, 2=moderate, 3=severe, 4=most severe
We study 8,410 people who take Meloxicam. Among them, 229 have Depression. See who they are, when they have Depression and more. This review is based on reports from FDA and social media, and is updated regularly.
For patients like me, how are my drugs? On eHealthMe, you can research 300 million drug outcomes from FDA and social media. We use data reported since 1977 till to date. All studies are personalized to gender and age. Start now >>>
Meloxicam (latest outcomes from 10,232 users) has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis, osteoarthritis. Commonly reported side effects of Meloxicam include pain, pain exacerbated, joint pain, nausea, nausea aggravated.
Depression (latest reports from 1,118,927 patients) has been reported by people with quit smoking, multiple sclerosis, pain, pain relief by acupuncture, acupuncture and pain.
On Mar, 3, 2014: 8,410 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 229 people (2.72%) have Depression.
Time on Meloxicam when people have Depression * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Depression when taking Meloxicam * :
Age of people who have Depression when taking Meloxicam * :
Severity of Depression when taking Meloxicam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Depression ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (47 people, 20.52%)
- Pain (37 people, 16.16%)
- Arthritis (25 people, 10.92%)
- Anxiety (24 people, 10.48%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (21 people, 9.17%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (49 people, 21.40%)
- Aspirin (48 people, 20.96%)
- Ambien (42 people, 18.34%)
- Lexapro (40 people, 17.47%)
- Lasix (38 people, 16.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Related topic: Meloxicam, Depression
You can also:
On eHealthMe, Meloxicam (meloxicam) is often used for arthritis. Find out below the conditions Meloxicam is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Meloxicam used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Browse Meloxicam side effects from A to Z:
Browse Meloxicam drug interactions with drugs from A to Z:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Comments from related studies:
From this study (4 months ago):
I have several bulging discs in neck from c4 through c7.Spinal stenosis, pinched nerves.I also have had numbness and tingling down right arm,although the discs/nerves are problematic on both sides of the neck.
I also have spasms in calves and toes that I haven"t told the doctor about yet.
From this study (6 months ago):
I have had Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibro Myalgia, Wilsons Syndrome and Hashimoto's Disease for 22 years. I suffered an injury to the pelvic floor this last summer and am now experiencing spikes in blood pressure, anxiety that awakens me suddenly from sleep and sets in shortly after breakfast and general non-specific depression. I am wondering if one or more of these meds might be causing these three symptoms or contributing to any of them. Thank you.
From this study (1 year ago):
Cannot sleep for more than 40 minutes at a time at night. I think this might Br contributing or causing all the other problems, except maybe the vision problems. I am so tired all I want to do is sleep. Although, I never feel rested. I don't have any energy or motivation. I have discontinued both medication as of today. Beginning some new bedtime habits to uencourage falling asleep faster & staying asleep. Those seem to be my two biggest problems. Recently, about two months ago, eliminated artificial sweeteners and high fructose corn syrup from my diet. Also, began using a TENS init and am going to start using it more ofte to relieve arthritis pain and sinus problems.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Meloxicam, Depression
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Effexor xr 150 mg and phentermine 37.5 mg
phentermine has caused significant weight loss. Effexor XR manages my GAD and depression but causes random physiological anxiety attacks, drastic increase in sweating, vivid and nightly nightmares
- Fibromyalgia & related health issues
Fibromyalgia dx after pregnancy of only child at 42/other dx followed and seem to be in conjunction. heart issues did not appear until after the use of fibro meds- cymbalta, lyrica, neurontin, and more. had 1 seizure believed to be related to seretonin syndrome/years and years of mistreatment by doc ...
- Buspar and side effects to include mood swings resulting in self harm idealization
High anxiety levels, mood swings, from elation to self injury, started at 7.5mg 2x a day for a week and then up to 15mg 2x day for five weeks. Increased as time went on.
More reviews for: Meloxicam, Depression
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Zoloft, Zanaflex, Meloxicam for a patient with Depression, Pinched Nerve , Muscle Spasms In Neck And Shoulders, Neck Arthritis. The patient has Depression, Bladder Pain, Constipation, Dizziness, Numbness And Tingling, Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Shoulder Pain, Neck Injury, Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Foot Spasms (Hand or foot spasms), Nausea
- A study of drug interactions between Valeriana Officinalis, Rhizome Di Kava-Kava, Omega 3, Calcium Magnesium Inositol Hexaphosphate, Glucosamine Sulfate, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Tribulus Terrestris, Vitamin C, Vitamin B12, Multivitamin, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Soma, Meloxicam, Levothyroxine Sodium, Methadone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Losartan for a patient with Sleep Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Anxiety, Routine Health Maintenance, Sexual Dysfunction, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, Thyroid Disorder, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Hypertension. The patient has High Blood Pressure, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Flonase for a patient with Arthritis, Rhinitis Allergic. The patient has Back Pain Aggravated, Blue Vision, Irritability, Sleep Disorder, Depression, Anxiety (Stress and anxiety)
More related studies for: Meloxicam, Depression
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.