Review: could Meloxicam cause High blood sugar (Hyperglycemia)?
Summary: High blood sugar is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Zometa, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 9,085 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have High blood sugar. Find out below who they are, when they have High blood sugar and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Meloxicam and have High blood sugar >>>
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Meloxicam 10,334 users)
High blood sugar
High blood sugar (high blood sugar) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, diabetes, type 2 diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder.(latest reports from High blood sugar 16,702 patients)
On Nov, 25, 2014: 9,080 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 44 people (0.48%) have High Blood Sugar.
Time on Meloxicam when people have High blood sugar * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|High blood sugar||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have High blood sugar when taking Meloxicam * :
|High blood sugar||58.70%||41.30% |
Age of people who have High blood sugar when taking Meloxicam * :
|High blood sugar||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||4.35%||2.17%||10.87%||82.61% |
Severity of High blood sugar when taking Meloxicam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from High blood sugar ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|High blood sugar||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (9 people, 20.45%)
- Diabetes mellitus (8 people, 18.18%)
- Metastases to bone (7 people, 15.91%)
- Prophylaxis (6 people, 13.64%)
- Adverse drug reaction (4 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (15 people, 34.09%)
- Lisinopril (14 people, 31.82%)
- Prednisone (14 people, 31.82%)
- Folic acid (13 people, 29.55%)
- Lortab (13 people, 29.55%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have High Blood Sugar while taking Meloxicam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Meloxicam and have High Blood Sugar
- support group for people who take Meloxicam
- support group for people who have High Blood Sugar
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can u take celebrex with requip
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Is This Maoi, and takes Meloxicam)
I was told not to take these two drugs together because of something called a maoi
- I took to tablets of meloxicam for pain in shoulder maybe pinched nerve but, my question is since it is an antiflammatory is it helping for my conjestion "common cold" it seems that after taken 2 dose (1 answer)
(Asked by a 43 year old woman who has Pinched Nerve In Shoulder And Common Cold W/ Congestion, and takes Meloxicam)
I had radiating pain in the lower shoulder area for over a year. Since I stood home with a common cold w/ congestion I thought I would take this opportunity to treat myself to a drs visit for the ongoing pulsating pain in the shoulder.
My dr. prescribed Meloxicam for my shoulder pain. Would this prescription also help with clearing up my congestion in my lungs for my common cold. It appears that after only takeing one pill the next day my cold is clearing up.
- Can muninex dm be taken safely with hydrochlorothyiazide
(Asked by a 66 year old woman who has High Blood Cholesterol, Potassium - Low, High Blood Sugar, High Blood Pressure, and takes Simvastatin, Losartan, Hctz)
presently having symptoms which appear to be upper respitory infection want to take muninex for nasal/chest congestion coughing will it interact okay with the HCTZ please advise
- Should a person with the history of itp take the drug meloxicam
(Asked by a 54 year old woman who takes Lithium Carbonate, Lorazepam, Simvastatin, Sumatriptan, Meloxicam)
I am the one in the books on the study of ITP. in 1976 I had my spleen removed as the result of the disease. at that time I was 16. now I am 54 and scarred that if I take any kind of blood thinner this may cause the disease to return. Should I be taking Meloxicam with it being somewhat of a blood thinner?
- Is there any help for bone spurs on the shoulder
(Asked by a 70 year old woman who has SHOULDER PAIN BONE SPURS, and takes Meloxicam)
I am in a lot of pain. Cannot lift my arms. Doctor said bone spurs can return if operated on. Cortisone shots don't help me at all.
More questions for: Meloxicam, High blood sugar
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Melixacam and depression
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Depression, and takes Meloxicam)
For herniated disc I was prescribed meloxicam . I experienced nausea, dizziness, and overwhelming depression. By the evening it had worn off and it did nothing for my pain and perhaps even increased my aching pain. Several months later I tried it again and had the same reaction. I was not taking any other medication with it. I do not suffer from depression and I am an active upbeat person.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Congenital Scoliosis, Claustrophobia, Flashbacks And Nightmares, Anxiety Disorder, Restless Legs Syndrome, Depression, and takes Mobic, Pramipexole Dihydrochloride, Diazepam, Valproate Sodium, Pristiq )
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almost suffocated by my flatmate. I plummeted after 3 days of numb shock, into the deep dark abyss of major depression, and became fearful about everything. I couldn't enter a shop if there was a queue of men in there for example. Finding myself with complete lack of motivation, neglecting housework, making mistakes constantly at work, I returned to the doctor. He doubled my Lexapro dose. I went back as instructed and was not feeling any better and could not cope with how I felt, so he sent to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist added Epilim ie pramipexole hyrochloride (low dose) for mood balance, upped the Valium ie daizepam, to 5mg, and prescribed Immovane for my insomnia and terrifying nightmares. Time went on, and I built a tolerance to Lexapro, so he put me on Pristique 200 and Epilim 200. Then I had to have both those doubled (400 each) and I take them twice a day. I have had NO negative side effects at all, and they work excellently for me. As for the restless legs syndrome, that was diagnosed before I was on these medications. The Sifrol had to be increased too as I was told it had to have time to gradually build up in my system. It makes a great difference to my quality of sleep and how my legs feel the next day.
- Non effective for pain effective for positive nausea (1 response)
(Posted by a 56 year old woman who has Osteoarthritis, and takes Meloxicam)
Have been taking this product for a little over a month and the nausea is getting worse but the pain is not. This seems to be causing more problems. This side effect occurs with or without food, and with or without a full glass of water.
More reviews for: Meloxicam, High blood sugar
- A study of side effects of Amoxicillin Pediatric for a patient with Infection - Ear. The patient has Dehydration (dryness resulting from the removal of water), Heart Rate Increased, Breathing - Rapid And Deep, Malaise (a feeling of general discomfort or uneasiness), Lethargy (tiredness), Ear Infection (ear infection), Appetite - Decreased (decreased appetite occurs when you have a reduced desire to eat), Fever, Inability To Crawl, High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: My son is 17 months old and been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes but I just received a call from his physician that he is positive for Enterovirus. What is the connection between Enterovirus and high blood sugar levels?
- A study of drug interactions between Mucinex D, Mobic, Gotu Kola, Humira, Levothyroxine Sodium, Singulair for a patient with Sinusitis, Joint Pain, Foot, Leg, And Ankle Swelling, Crohns, Hypothyroidism, Sinus Polyp. The patient has Pain - Joints, Joint Warmth, Swelling Of A Joint
Comments: the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- A study of side effects of Meloxicam for a patient with Neuropathy - Peripheral. The patient has White Blood Cell Count Increased, Staph Skin Infection (a bacterial infection cause by staph bacteria)
Comments: Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a serious infection and was just notified that inspite of the infection now being under control with some serious antibiotics after spending three days in the hospital my white blood count continues to be high and has increased since my release from ...
- A study of side effects of Spironolactone W/ Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Hair Loss In Women. The patient has High Blood Glucose Level (high blood sugar)
Comments: I just had radical hysterectomy 8 weeks ago. I was under general anesthesia for 6 hours. I take spironolactone 100mg x2/day, HRT, Ambien, and Nicorette gum 2 mg. PCP wants me to discontinue Spiro, but this time is crucial for me to continue Spiro. Do I decrease Spiro to 100mg or spiro completely and ...
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, NovoRapid for a patient with Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent. The patient has High Blood Sugar
Comments: My dad has been diabetic for about9 yrs now and started on Huminsulin then. However for the last 6 yrs he has been on Novorapid and Lantus.
Now I am suspecting a probable Somogyi effect,for the last 3 - 4 months.This started after a recent bout of hypoglycaemia during the day when the blood sugar ...
More related studies for: Meloxicam, High blood sugar
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.