Review: could Meloxicam cause Liver function test abnormal?
Summary: Liver function test abnormal is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Potassium chloride, and have Rheumatoid arthritis.
We study 9,122 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 35 have Liver function test abnormal. Find out below who they are, when they have Liver function test abnormal and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Liver function test abnormal >>>
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 10,377 Meloxicam users)
Liver function test abnormal
Liver function test abnormal has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 20,149 Liver function test abnormal patients)
On Apr, 2, 2015: 9,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 35 people (0.38%) have Liver Function Test Abnormal.
Time on Meloxicam when people have Liver function test abnormal * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Meloxicam * :
|Liver function test abnormal||68.57%||31.43% |
Age of people who have Liver function test abnormal when taking Meloxicam * :
|Liver function test abnormal||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.57%||0.00%||10.71%||53.57%||32.14% |
Severity of Liver function test abnormal when taking Meloxicam ** :
How people recovered from Liver function test abnormal ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Rheumatoid arthritis (12 people, 34.29%)
- Onychomycosis (3 people, 8.57%)
- Osteoarthritis (3 people, 8.57%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (2 people, 5.71%)
- Fibromyalgia (2 people, 5.71%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Potassium chloride (7 people, 20.00%)
- Omeprazole (7 people, 20.00%)
- Helicid (6 people, 17.14%)
- Essentiale forte (6 people, 17.14%)
- Lescol xl (6 people, 17.14%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of meloxicam and liver function test abnormal on
Do you have Liver Function Test Abnormal while taking Meloxicam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Liver Function Test Abnormal
- support group for people who take Meloxicam
- support group for people who have Liver Function Test Abnormal
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mobic for a 56-year old woman with Plantar Fasciitis. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Chlorpheniramine Maleate for a 34-year old man with Barrett's Oesophagus, Jaundice - Yellow Skin. The patient has Jaundice, Liver Function Test Abnormal, Blood Bilirubin Abnormal
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
Recent Meloxicam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.