Review: could Meloxicam cause Muscle spasms?
Summary: Muscle spasms is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 6 months, also take medication Aspirin, and have Pain.
We study 9,122 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 162 have Muscle spasms. Find out below who they are, when they have Muscle spasms and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Muscle spasms >>>
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 10,375 Meloxicam users)
Muscle spasms (muscle contraction) has been reported by people with multiple sclerosis, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, pain. (latest reports from 56,975 Muscle spasms patients)
On Apr, 1, 2015: 9,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 162 people (1.78%) have Muscle Spasms.
Time on Meloxicam when people have Muscle spasms * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Muscle spasms||23.53%||58.82%||0.00%||0.00%||17.65%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Meloxicam * :
|Muscle spasms||78.95%||21.05% |
Age of people who have Muscle spasms when taking Meloxicam * :
|Muscle spasms||0.00%||0.00%||2.07%||0.69%||5.52%||7.59%||28.28%||55.86% |
Severity of Muscle spasms when taking Meloxicam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Muscle spasms||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
How people recovered from Muscle spasms ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Muscle spasms||33.33%||0.00%||66.67% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (28 people, 17.28%)
- Arthritis (23 people, 14.20%)
- Osteoporosis (16 people, 9.88%)
- Diabetes mellitus (16 people, 9.88%)
- Anxiety (15 people, 9.26%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (44 people, 27.16%)
- Vitamin d (30 people, 18.52%)
- Gabapentin (29 people, 17.90%)
- Cymbalta (27 people, 16.67%)
- Percocet (24 people, 14.81%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of meloxicam and muscle spasms on
Do you have Muscle Spasms while taking Meloxicam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Muscle Spasms
- support group for people who take Meloxicam
- support group for people who have Muscle Spasms
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Mobic for a 56-year old woman with Plantar Fasciitis. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Denatured Collagen, Vitamin B12, Folic Acid, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Prempro, Mobic, Cogentin, Lialda, Cymbalta, Abilify for a 63-year old woman with Brittle Nails, Major Depression, Sleep Disorder, Menopause Hot Flashes, Arthritis, Tremor, Ulcerative Colitis, Chronic Depression. The patient has Weight Gain, Fatigue, Tremor, Neck Pain
Recent Meloxicam related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.