Review: could Meloxicam cause Neuropathy - sciatic nerve (Sciatica)?
Summary: Neuropathy - sciatic nerve is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Omeprazole, and have Arthritis.
We study 9,122 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 48 have Neuropathy - sciatic nerve. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy - sciatic nerve and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Neuropathy - sciatic nerve >>>
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from 10,377 Meloxicam users)
Neuropathy - sciatic nerve
Neuropathy - sciatic nerve (inflammation and swelling of the large sciatic nerve that originates from the exit of an intervertebral nerve) has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis. (latest reports from 7,104 Neuropathy - sciatic nerve patients)
On Apr, 4, 2015: 9,117 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 48 people (0.53%) have Neuropathy - Sciatic Nerve.
Time on Meloxicam when people have Neuropathy - sciatic nerve * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy - sciatic nerve||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy - sciatic nerve when taking Meloxicam * :
|Neuropathy - sciatic nerve||81.63%||18.37% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy - sciatic nerve when taking Meloxicam * :
|Neuropathy - sciatic nerve||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||2.78%||36.11%||61.11% |
Severity of Neuropathy - sciatic nerve when taking Meloxicam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy - sciatic nerve||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy - sciatic nerve ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neuropathy - sciatic nerve||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Arthritis (13 people, 27.08%)
- Pain (9 people, 18.75%)
- Multiple myeloma (9 people, 18.75%)
- Fibromyalgia (8 people, 16.67%)
- Osteoporosis (7 people, 14.58%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Omeprazole (20 people, 41.67%)
- Lyrica (18 people, 37.50%)
- Zometa (18 people, 37.50%)
- Dexamethasone (17 people, 35.42%)
- Vitamin e (17 people, 35.42%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of meloxicam and neuropathy - sciatic nerve on
Do you have Neuropathy - Sciatic Nerve while taking Meloxicam?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Neuropathy - Sciatic Nerve
- support group for people who take Meloxicam
- support group for people who have Neuropathy - Sciatic Nerve
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Miralax, Meloxicam, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone for a 54-year old woman with Constipation, Osteoarthritis, Depression, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Constipation, Weight Gain
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Nexium, Maxzide for a 64-year old man with High Blood Cholesterol, Gerd, Hypertension. The patient has Sciatica, Weight Gain, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Atenolol, Mobic, Gabapentin for a 35-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Elbow Pain, Nerve Pain. The patient has Nerve Pain, High Blood Pressure, Tingling And Numbness, Burning Sensation
- A study of side effects of Mobic for a 56-year old woman with Plantar Fasciitis. The patient has Low Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Promethazine, Toradol, Zolpidem Tartrate, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Meloxicam, Adipex-p, Lisinopril, Lamictal, Sertraline for a 37-year old woman with Nausea, Migraine, Sleeplessness, Weight Loss, High Blood Pressure, Bipolar Disorder. The patient has Stones - Kidney, Bite
Recent Meloxicam related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Ibuprofen, Meloxicam for a 56-year old woman who has Ankle Swelling
- Comparions of Zorvolex, Meloxicam for a 53-year old man who has Arthritis
- Comparions of Mobic, Naproxen for a 60-year old man who has Pain
- Comparions of Ranitidine, Meloxicam, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Gabapentin, Prozac for a 67-year old woman who has Depression
- Comparions of ESCITALOPRAM OXALATE, MELOXICAM, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, DIVALPROEX, METHOCARBAMOL for a 33-year old man who has PTSD
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.