Review: could Meloxicam cause Palpitations (Heart palpitations)?
Summary: Palpitations is found among people who take Meloxicam, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Digoxin, and have Pain.
We study 9,085 people who have side effects while taking Meloxicam from FDA and social media. Among them, 101 have Palpitations. Find out below who they are, when they have Palpitations and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Palpitations >>>
Meloxicam has active ingredients of meloxicam. It is often used in arthritis. (latest outcomes from Meloxicam 10,334 users)
Palpitations (feelings or sensations that your heart is pounding or racing) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, depression, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, pain.(latest reports from Palpitations 51,029 patients)
On Dec, 13, 2014: 9,085 people reported to have side effects when taking Meloxicam. Among them, 101 people (1.11%) have Palpitations.
Time on Meloxicam when people have Palpitations * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Palpitations when taking Meloxicam * :
Age of people who have Palpitations when taking Meloxicam * :
Severity of Palpitations when taking Meloxicam ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Palpitations ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Pain (15 people, 14.85%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (13 people, 12.87%)
- Arthritis (11 people, 10.89%)
- Depression (10 people, 9.90%)
- Anxiety (9 people, 8.91%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Digoxin (21 people, 20.79%)
- Aspirin (17 people, 16.83%)
- Omeprazole (17 people, 16.83%)
- Klor-con (16 people, 15.84%)
- Synthroid (15 people, 14.85%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Palpitations while taking Meloxicam?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Meloxicam and have Palpitations
- support group for people who take Meloxicam
- support group for people who have Palpitations
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can u take celebrex with requip
I was told not to take these two drugs together because of something called a maoi
- I took to tablets of meloxicam for pain in shoulder maybe pinched nerve but, my question is since it is an antiflammatory is it helping for my conjestion "common cold" it seems that after taken 2 dose (1 answer)
I had radiating pain in the lower shoulder area for over a year. Since I stood home with a common cold w/ congestion I thought I would take this opportunity to treat myself to a drs visit for the ongoing pulsating pain in the shoulder.
My dr. prescribed Meloxicam for my shoulder pain. Would this prescription also help with clearing up my congestion in my lungs for my common cold. It appears that after only takeing one pill the next day my cold is clearing up.
- Biotin and heart races? connection?
About 2 weeks ago I started on 3mg of Biotin a day. After about 4 days my heart started racing for period. It was uncomfortable and distracting. It's been nearly 2 weeks now and it's settled some but in the evening it comes back. Occassionaly during the day. Maybe at night I just notice it more but I don't think I notice it during the day, possible a little but at night it escalates. Is it possible that Biotin can cause damage. Why hasn't it gone away after near 2 weeks? I had no racing before starting Biotin. I've had a regularly scheduled checked about 4 days after stopping taking the Biotin. I didn't mention anything to the doc but he noticed nothing about my heartbeat or deep breathing. It's distracts and I wish it would subside! Any clues here? Thanks, jack
- Can biotin cause prolonged heart racing?
I started taking 3mg of biotin a day for about 3 or 4 days. I noticed my heart racing which was unusual for me. None before starting biotin. I've stopped over a week ago, going on 2 weeks and my heart still races. More at night or maybe I notice it more at night. No, I would notice it during the day. But when I sit down to relax at night it begins to flip and flop. Why is this persisting after near 2 weeks of stopping. By the way, I had a regular checkup about 4 or 5 days after stopping and the physician didn't say anything about what he heard in my heart and deep breathing. I have no pain but the palpitations are distracting and somewhat worrisome. Is there any cases of biotin doing damage to the heart?
- Does it produce vitamin k
he had stroke 5 years ago, he is taking sintrom, irregular heart beat
More questions for: Meloxicam, Palpitations
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Irregular heatbeat and prilosec
I am 65 M and a long history of Moderate hypertension. I am overweight, out of shape. 15-20 years ago when I didn't take BP medicine I had occasional PVCs, heart skips a beat.
Since I have been on Metoprolol (beta blocker) and Cozaar my BP is normal and heartbeat normal.
I have been on that regimen 15-20 years.
Now or in the last weeks or 2 I notice skipped beats and irregular, fast to slow and back on occasion
Recently It was suggested I may have sleep apnea and was definitely diagnosed with bad acid reflux by an Ear nose and throat specialist.
I was told to go on 2 OTC Prevacid/day for 3 months. I instead, since I had them, went on Prilosec-- slightly different.
I have been on Prilosec 2 or so weeks maybe 3.
It clicked in my mind today that maybe there is a connection.
I have a pretty expensive pulse oximeter (electronic finger thingy) and I can actually see flat lines and skipped beats and strength of pulse. Oxygen is 90 to 94. Also I started taking aspirin out of fear
- Melixacam and depression
For herniated disc I was prescribed meloxicam . I experienced nausea, dizziness, and overwhelming depression. By the evening it had worn off and it did nothing for my pain and perhaps even increased my aching pain. Several months later I tried it again and had the same reaction. I was not taking any other medication with it. I do not suffer from depression and I am an active upbeat person.
- Palpitations when eating raw garlic
After symptoms of a cold, I've been drinking the famous "garlic honey lemon" mixture to try to get rid of the cold and it actually worked pretty well.
The first morning it didn't feel very nice to drink but I was ok.
From day 2, I started to feel heartburn and heart palpitations, with a sort of headache as soon as I drank the mixture. Symptoms then disappear within a couple of minutes and I was fine for the rest of the day.
This has been getting worse every morning, until this morning (day 5) where I had to kneel down and focus on breathing.
I can't drink it anymore, my chest hurts and it gets quite scary.
I usually don't eat a lot of garlic anyway, I don't really like it. I'm assuming it's the garlic creating the reaction, as lemon and honey are part of my daily diet.
- Pristiq, epilim, sifrol, immovane, valium, mobic
I started out with mild burnout depression in 2009 and was put on a low dose of Lexapro, which picked me up fantastically. I had been given low (2mg) Valium before for muscle relaxant purposes due to my scoliosis complications. Both these worked well. Then in 2010 I was drugged and raped and almost suffocated by my flatmate. I plummeted after 3 days of numb shock, into the deep dark abyss of major depression, and became fearful about everything. I couldn't enter a shop if there was a queue of men in there for example. Finding myself with complete lack of motivation, neglecting housework, making mistakes constantly at work, I returned to the doctor. He doubled my Lexapro dose. I went back as instructed and was not feeling any better and could not cope with how I felt, so he sent to a psychiatrist. The psychiatrist added Epilim ie pramipexole hyrochloride (low dose) for mood balance, upped the Valium ie daizepam, to 5mg, and prescribed Immovane for my insomnia and terrifying nightmares. Time went on, and I built a tolerance to Lexapro, so he put me on Pristique 200 and Epilim 200. Then I had to have both those doubled (400 each) and I take them twice a day. I have had NO negative side effects at all, and they work excellently for me. As for the restless legs syndrome, that was diagnosed before I was on these medications. The Sifrol had to be increased too as I was told it had to have time to gradually build up in my system. It makes a great difference to my quality of sleep and how my legs feel the next day.
- Non effective for pain effective for positive nausea (1 response)
Have been taking this product for a little over a month and the nausea is getting worse but the pain is not. This seems to be causing more problems. This side effect occurs with or without food, and with or without a full glass of water.
More reviews for: Meloxicam, Palpitations
Comments from related drug studies (Check your drugs):
- I have been having these palpitations for this phase since August 2014 although I have had them before, whilst on Ramipril. Had an ECG and other than I have been diagnosed with ectopic heartbeats the heart looks healthy enough, yet I am getting severe palpitations daily, to the point they do put me ...
- Only happens occasionally. More when I am active. But sometimes just sitting. All the time when using computer or watching television. There are just days where I cannot even look at a computer screen for even 1 minute. Very frustrating. Palpitations are annoying and inconvenient.
- the joint pain isn't as bad as the swelling!!! its been random & moves from joint to joint...my hands & fingers more severe...ive never had these symptoms before!! my doctor has run RA panels, MS panels etc...waiting on results!! started me on Mobic.....absolutely cant tell ive taken anything...no s ...
- Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a serious infection and was just notified that inspite of the infection now being under control with some serious antibiotics after spending three days in the hospital my white blood count continues to be high and has increased since my release from ...
- In the process of weaning off seroxat. went from 6mg to 0mg and went cold turkey. then back on 12mg and getting palpitation and insomnia for 1 week. Is the palpitation a withdrawal symptom or condition? When I was on 6mg I was fine with no palpitation or anxiety attack.
More related studies for: Meloxicam, Palpitations
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.