Review: could Mercaptopurine cause Blood pressure increased (High blood pressure)?
Summary: Blood pressure increased is found among people who take Mercaptopurine, especially for people who are female, 20-29 old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Methotrexate, and have Crohn's disease.
We study 5,723 people who have side effects while taking Mercaptopurine from FDA and social media. Among them, 75 have Blood pressure increased. Find out below who they are, when they have Blood pressure increased and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Mercaptopurine and have Blood pressure increased >>>
Mercaptopurine has active ingredients of mercaptopurine. It is often used in crohn's disease. (latest outcomes from 5,825 Mercaptopurine users)
Blood pressure increased
Blood pressure increased has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, multiple sclerosis, pain. (latest reports from 329,819 Blood pressure increased patients)
On Apr, 3, 2015: 5,723 people reported to have side effects when taking Mercaptopurine. Among them, 68 people (1.19%) have Blood Pressure Increased.
Time on Mercaptopurine when people have Blood pressure increased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Blood pressure increased||100.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Mercaptopurine * :
|Blood pressure increased||69.86%||30.14% |
Age of people who have Blood pressure increased when taking Mercaptopurine * :
|Blood pressure increased||0.00%||19.12%||14.71%||19.12%||11.76%||11.76%||16.18%||7.35% |
Severity of Blood pressure increased when taking Mercaptopurine ** :
How people recovered from Blood pressure increased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Crohn's disease (26 people, 38.24%)
- Acute lymphocytic leukaemia (13 people, 19.12%)
- Colitis ulcerative (12 people, 17.65%)
- Depression (8 people, 11.76%)
- Pain (5 people, 7.35%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Methotrexate (27 people, 39.71%)
- Cyclophosphamide (26 people, 38.24%)
- Cytarabine (22 people, 32.35%)
- Humira (17 people, 25.00%)
- Vincristine sulfate (14 people, 20.59%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of mercaptopurine and blood pressure increased on
Do you have Blood Pressure Increased while taking Mercaptopurine?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Mercaptopurine and have Blood Pressure Increased
- support group for people who take Mercaptopurine
- support group for people who have Blood Pressure Increased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Synthroid, Valium, Tylenol, Dextrose 60%, Cymbalta for a 50-year old woman with Thyroid Hormone Replacement Therapy, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Pain, Fibromyalgia. The patient has Pain, Suicidal Thoughts, Blood Pressure Increased
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Chlorthalidone, Loratadine, Advair Diskus 250/50, Tramadol for a 57-year old man with High Blood Pressure, Hay Fever, Asthma, Arthritis Bacterial. The patient has Multiple Allergies, Sleep Apnea, High Blood Pressure
- A study of drug interactions between Proventil-hfa, Symbicort, Metoprolol Tartrate, Ritalin, Effexor Xr, Mirtazapine, Clonazepam for a 43-year old woman with Acute Upper Airway Obstruction, High Blood Pressure, Attention Deficit Disorder With Hyperactivity, Depression, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has High Blood Pressure
- A study of side effects of Hydralazine Hydrochloride for a 52-year old woman with Hypertension. The patient has Hypertension, Bruise
- A study of side effects of Metronidazole for a 71-year old man with Infection. The patient has High Blood Pressure
Recent Mercaptopurine related drug comparison:
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.