Home > Meropenem > Thrombocytopenia > Meropenem and Thrombocytopenia
Review: could Meropenem cause Thrombocytopenia?
Summary: Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Meropenem, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Cyclophosphamide, and have Infection.
We study 4,977 people who have side effects while taking Meropenem from FDA and social media. Among them, 219 have Thrombocytopenia. Find out below who they are, when they have Thrombocytopenia and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Meropenem and have Thrombocytopenia >>>
Meropenem (latest outcomes from 4,985 users) has active ingredients of meropenem. It is often used in infection.
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) (latest reports from 333,216 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, high blood pressure, preventive health care, idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, pain.
On Nov, 13, 2014: 4,977 people reported to have side effects when taking Meropenem. Among them, 219 people (4.40%) have Thrombocytopenia.
Time on Meropenem when people have Thrombocytopenia * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Meropenem * :
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Meropenem * :
Severity of Thrombocytopenia when taking Meropenem ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Thrombocytopenia ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Infection (56 people, 25.57%)
- Pancreatic carcinoma metastatic (49 people, 22.37%)
- Sepsis (39 people, 17.81%)
- Neutropenic sepsis (39 people, 17.81%)
- Prophylaxis (29 people, 13.24%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Cyclophosphamide (58 people, 26.48%)
- Teicoplanin (57 people, 26.03%)
- Proleukin (50 people, 22.83%)
- Vancomycin (48 people, 21.92%)
- Fludarabine (46 people, 21.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia while taking Meropenem?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Meropenem and have Thrombocytopenia
- support group for people who take Meropenem
- support group for people who have Thrombocytopenia
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Are the neurological side effects of meropenem reversible, if so how long
(Asked by a 76 year old woman who has Feet Drop And Legs Stiff No Movement When Lifting Patient Out Of Bed, When 2 Days Before Patient Could Walk, Total Confusion, Seeing People And Talking To Them, Who Are Not There, and takes Meropenem)
patient was on transdermal scop d - 3 day patch due to vomiting for several days, the patient was also started on meropenem. Prior to the medication the patient was walking with assistance and or with walker. Suddenly the patient could not walk, had to be lifted to bedside commode and when doing s ...
- How often does thromboyctopenia occur?
(Asked by a 45 year old woman who has Thrombocytopenia, and takes Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Omeprazole; Sodium Bicarbonate, Flomax, Lisinopril, Coumadin, Metoprolol Tartrate, Colace)
73 year old patient with thrombocytopenia of unknown origin. He has failed Rituxin treatments and initial therapy with steroids has actually caused his platelets to lower. Requesting to see if his current medications may be the culprit.
- Can warfarin cause a low platelet count
(Asked by a 71 year old man who has Low Platelet Count, High Testosterone Level, Difficulty Producing Sperm And Dry Mouth, and takes Warfarin Sodium, Hydrochlorothiazide, Digoxin, Bisoprolol Fumarate)
I have difficulty ejaculating sperm during sex. When this happens, which is becoming the norm, my mouth is also very low on saliva. Can the drugs I have listed be the cause?
More questions for: Meropenem, Thrombocytopenia
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Niacin induced thrombocytopena
(Posted by a 56 year old man who has Thrombocytopenia, ESRD, and takes Niacin)
On peritoneal dialysis, 40mg Lipitor and 3000mg Niaspan. Platelets decreased to 12 and residual renal function fell off a cliff. Examination of patient's records for 10+ years showed long term platelet decline. Niaspan discontinued, platelets recovered to 120-200 (varies depending on sample) and ...
More reviews for: Meropenem, Thrombocytopenia
- A study of drug interactions between Norvasc, Calcium Carbonate, Famotidine And Magnesium Hydroxide, Celexa, Clozapine, Lotrimin, Enalapril Maleate, Simvastatin, Lovenox, Albuterol, Lorazepam, Meropenem, Nystatin, Zofran, Oxytocin, Quetiapine Fumarate, Vancomycin Hydrochloride for a patient with Hypertension, Unknown, Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Bedridden, Lung Disorder, Oral Thrush, Pain, Psychosis, Pneumonia Streptococcal. The patient has Weakness, Agitation, Delusions, Mixed
Comments: was in ICU on ventalator for 14 dyas , moved to regular room for 7 days not getting any better mentally
- A study of side effects of Metoprolol Tartrate for a patient with Platelet Count. The patient has Low Platelet Count (decrease of platelets in blood)
Comments: Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet count was 80 and they have been up and down ever since. Any where from 10 to 149.
- A study of side effects of Tramadol for a patient with Pain In Limb. The patient has Low Platelet Count (decrease of platelets in blood)
Comments: Blood test 1 week ago Platelet count 92
- A study of drug interactions between Aspirin, Atenolol for a patient with Jet Lag, High Blood Pressure. The patient has Low Platelet Count
Comments: Went off atenolol 9 days ago. Platelet count is 53. Aspirin use 81 mg a day.
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Prednisolone, Vitamin E, Tegretol, Aspirin for a patient with Health, Abortion, Antioxidant Therapy, Epilepsy, Abortion Spontaneous. The patient has Thrombocytopenia, Allergic Cough
Comments: The most annoying was cough and I keep coughing till I get birth with my litle dead girl cough is just gone
I was 24 weeks when she suddenly stopped moving and doctor said there is no pulse
now I am pregnant again with same symptoms
More related studies for: Meropenem, Thrombocytopenia
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Depo-provera and Breast Lump
- Rheumatoid Arthritis and Rosacea
- Itching and Crestor
- Suboxone and Gynaecomastia
- What would be alternative for oxycontin 10 mg tablets?
Urine retention , I wake up with chronic pain in my lower ... (28 minutes ago)
- What medication can i add to viibryd
Answer: You posted almost a year ago but I would suggest you ask y ... (12 hours ago)
- Can implanon cause breast cysts and could they be cancerous?
Answer: Very interesting that this pertinent question is not being ... (15 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Urea urine increased while taking topamax
I was on Topamax to lose weight. It worked for me, I lost ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain with avastin
My sister is currently taking Avastin and after each treat ... (2 days ago)
- Lipitor weight loss/ lisinipril ed issue
Response: Do Not, I repeat Do Not take Lipitor!!! I was on 20mg for ... (3 days ago)