Meropenem and Thrombocytopenia - from FDA reports
Thrombocytopenia is found among people who take Meropenem, especially for people who are male, 60+ old , have been taking the drug for < 1 month, also take medication Lasix, and have Preventive health care. This review analyzes which people have Thrombocytopenia with Meropenem. It is created by eHealthMe based on reports of 8,820 people who have side effects when taking Meropenem from FDA, and is updated regularly.
What to expect?
You are not alone!
Personalized health information
On eHealthMe you can find out what patients like me (same gender, age) reported their drugs and conditions on FDA since 1977. Our tools are simple to use, anonymous and free. Start now >>>
On May, 03, 2017
8,820 people reported to have side effects when taking Meropenem.
Among them, 660 people (7.48%) have Thrombocytopenia
Number of reports submitted per year:
Time on Meropenem when people have Thrombocytopenia *:
- < 1 month: 92.51 %
- 1 - 6 months: 6.84 %
- 6 - 12 months: 0.0 %
- 1 - 2 years: 0.0 %
- 2 - 5 years: 0.65 %
- 5 - 10 years: 0.0 %
- 10+ years: 0.0 %
Gender of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Meropenem *:
- female: 42.42 %
- male: 57.58 %
Age of people who have Thrombocytopenia when taking Meropenem *:
- 0-1: 1.86 %
- 2-9: 3.05 %
- 10-19: 4.24 %
- 20-29: 5.59 %
- 30-39: 4.92 %
- 40-49: 9.83 %
- 50-59: 15.42 %
- 60+: 55.08 %
Top conditions involved for these people *:
- Preventive Health Care (96 people, 14.55%)
- Pneumonia (57 people, 8.64%)
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (41 people, 6.21%)
- Infection (35 people, 5.30%)
- High Blood Pressure (35 people, 5.30%)
Top co-used drugs for these people *:
- Lasix (72 people, 10.91%)
- Fluconazole (71 people, 10.76%)
- Allopurinol (62 people, 9.39%)
- Vidaza (55 people, 8.33%)
- Acyclovir (55 people, 8.33%)
Top other side effects for these people *:
- Anaemia (153 people, 23.18%)
- Fever (134 people, 20.30%)
- White Blood Cell Count Decreased (119 people, 18.03%)
- Agranulocytosis (99 people, 15.00%)
- Pneumonia (87 people, 13.18%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Thrombocytopenia when taking Meropenem?
Meropenem has active ingredients of meropenem. (latest outcomes from Meropenem 8,857 users)
Thrombocytopenia (decrease of platelets in blood) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, hepatitis c, preventive health care, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis (latest reports from 141,532 Thrombocytopenia patients).