Review: could Mestinon cause Multiple sclerosis?
Summary: Multiple sclerosis is reported only by a few people who take Mestinon.
We study 1,332 people who have side effects while taking Mestinon from FDA and social media. Among them, 4 have Multiple sclerosis. Find out below who they are, when they have Multiple sclerosis and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Mestinon and have Multiple sclerosis >>>
Mestinon has active ingredients of pyridostigmine bromide. It is often used in myasthenia gravis. (latest outcomes from Mestinon 1,436 users)
Multiple sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath) has been reported by people with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis.(latest reports from Multiple sclerosis 223,215 patients)
On Nov, 28, 2014: 1,332 people reported to have side effects when taking Mestinon. Among them, 4 people (0.30%) have Multiple Sclerosis.
Time on Mestinon when people have Multiple sclerosis * :
Gender of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Mestinon * :
|Multiple sclerosis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Multiple sclerosis when taking Mestinon * :
|Multiple sclerosis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00%||0.00%||25.00% |
Severity of Multiple sclerosis when taking Mestinon ** :
How people recovered from Multiple sclerosis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Multiple sclerosis (1 people, 25.00%)
- Pain (1 people, 25.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Baclofen (3 people, 75.00%)
- Avonex (3 people, 75.00%)
- Zantac (2 people, 50.00%)
- Inderal (2 people, 50.00%)
- Celebrex (2 people, 50.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Multiple Sclerosis while taking Mestinon?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Mestinon and have Multiple Sclerosis
- support group for people who take Mestinon
- support group for people who have Multiple Sclerosis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Can my sister take phentermine with multiple sclerosis to lose weight
(Asked by a 37 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
I worry she is taking a pill that will affect the nervous system and may not be good for her body.
- Can i take marijuana while taking gilenya
(Asked by a 36 year old woman who has MS, and takes Gilenya)
Hello i would like to know if is safe to have marijuane with gilenya and methotraxate
- Is it safe for me to take ginkgo biloba with gabapentin (neurontin)?
(Asked by a 26 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis)
i also take Neurontin (Naprosyn) 500 mg 2 times a day and the gabapentin (Neurontin) usually 3 times a day.
- Does morphine time released pills cause sudden baldness on scalp??
(Asked by a 47 year old woman who has Herniated Lumbar Disk, MS, and takes Morphine Sulfate, Baclofen, Meloxicam)
I recently started taking meds for a herniated disc in my lower back. These include morphine, OxyContin and oxycodone. I now have a bald spot on the top of my scalp. I noticed this within 2-3 weeks after taking the meds. The morphine is time released as well as the OxyContin. Could these meds be ca ...
- What is the treatment for moderate hyperthermia upon initiation of trazodone
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Hyperthermia Due To Trazodone, Diarrhea Associated With Medications, Initial Insomnia, and takes Trazodone Hydrochloride, Pyridostigmine Bromide)
prior use of alprazolam for insomnia after husband's death, long term use at low dosage. I wanted to get off Xanax as it seemed I needed better sleep than my dosage of 1.5 mg at bedtime was enabling. I also have myasthenia gravis and take pyridostigmine which helps with the muscle weakness. I sto ...
More questions for: Mestinon, Multiple sclerosis
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ms relapse - changed to copaxone in april
(Posted by a 47 year old woman who has MS, and takes Copaxone)
I've never joined one of these sites but saw this site. I have had MS for 14yrs but changed to Copaxone in April, had a relapse last week and wondered how others were getting on with it. I have a puffy left calf/ankle which can be a side effect of Copaxone - have others had this - can you reduce the ...
- Developed systemic scleroderma while on copaxone for 10 yrs.
(Posted by a 41 year old woman who has Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, and takes Copaxone)
I just tested positive for both crest and systemic scleroderma. I already have ms and have been on copaxone over 10 yrs. I believe copaxone may have caused this. I dont blame the makers. I am sure it has helped more then hurt, but I wonder if this has happened to others. If so it should be something ...
- Bladder infection while on mestinon
(Posted by a 45 year old woman who has Muscle Weakness, Left Side Weakness, Dr Is Trying To Figure Out Why, and takes Mestinon)
Had gradual lest side weakness. Everyday living is difficult. I was referred to cleveland clinic. Dr there has had me go through several tests. My tilt table test showed increase of heart rate and blood pressure. So he suspects I have POTS Postier orthostatic tachecardia syndrome. Still more t ...
- Topamax for weight loss, causing diarrhea
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has Overweight, Multiple Sclerosis, Tibia Fracture, and takes Topamax, Aubagio, Cymbalta, Celebrex, Fosamax)
I was taking Topamax for weight loss and it worked very well. After 2 months I started having diarrhea. I stopped Topamax and the diarrhea stopped. Is there any drug or supplement I can take Topamax that will stop the diarrhea?
- A self-conducted trial with prozac in a case of "benign" ms
(Posted by a 59 year old woman who has MS, and takes Prozac)
I want to show that, with the approval of my doctor, I started taking Prozac (10 mg daily) to see if the number of the lesions on my brain remains the same. After 14 months no new lesion showed on the MRI. I should mention that I have a mild form of MS, if one may put it like this, but the previous ...
More reviews for: Mestinon, Multiple sclerosis
- A study of drug interactions between Mestinon, Robaxin-750 for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has Death
Comments: My daughter was diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis approx 8 months before her death. Her neurologist diagnosed her and prescribed Imuran and Mestinon. She was referred to Pain Mgmt where she was prescribed Robaxin. What would the results of taking these medications together?
- A study of drug interactions between Arava, Methotrexate, Remicade, Humira, Enbrel, Stelara for a patient with Psoriatic Arthritis, Psoriasis. The patient has Ms
Comments: Stopped stelara for 5 months. Started arava had severe psoriasis outbreak.
Restarted Stelara. I've had two episodes of ms symptoms. Had tremors for 2 months. A year later both legs numb and tingling for 3 months and stopped.
- A study of drug interactions between Diazepam, Wellbutrin, Piroxicam, Simvastatin, Atenolol And Chlorthalidone, Prozac, Copaxone for a patient with Stress And Anxiety, Depression, Neck Arthritis, Hypercholesterolemia, Hypertension, Multiple Sclerosis. The patient has Multiple Sclerosis, Neck Stiffness, Hypertension, Stress And Anxiety, Major Depression, Vasovagal Attack
Comments: I take Prozac for depression, Atenolol Chlorthalidone for hypertension, and Valium as needed for stress. I also Vasovagal when stressed, which is becoming more frequent as I get older. Can I take a Valium in preparation for stressful situations, or does that exacerbate my tendency to Vasovagal und ...
- A study of side effects of Tamoxifen Citrate for a patient with Cancer - Breast. The patient has Multiple Sclerosis (a nervous system disease that affects your brain and spinal cord. it damages the myelin sheath)
Comments: took tamoxifen for 5 years following breast cancer. Developed auto immune symptoms after approx. 2 years of taking tamoxifen. Suspicious optic nerves, numbness of tongue, bladder problems, severe back pain involving the meninges, numbness of left leg.
- A study of drug interactions between Mycophenolate Mofetil, Pyridostigmine Bromide, Prednisone for a patient with Myasthenia Gravis. The patient has
Comments: When I get tired or miss a dose of mestinon, I get very stressed and very angry. My anger is way out of line. No one wants to even be around me.
note, I do not know who made the medicines.
More related studies for: Mestinon, Multiple sclerosis
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.