Home > Metformin hydrochloride > Ankle swelling > Metformin hydrochloride and Ankle swelling
Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Ankle swelling (Foot, leg, and ankle swelling)?
Summary: Ankle swelling is reported only by a few people who take Metformin hydrochloride.
We study 12,759 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Ankle swelling. Find out below who they are, when they have Ankle swelling and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Ankle swelling >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,601 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Ankle swelling (latest reports from 1,362 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, hypothyroidism.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 12,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Ankle Swelling.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Ankle swelling * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ankle swelling||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||0.00%||40.00%||0.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Ankle swelling when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Ankle swelling||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Ankle swelling when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Ankle swelling||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Ankle swelling when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ankle swelling||0.00%||40.00%||60.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ankle swelling ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ankle swelling||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes (3 people, 60.00%)
- High blood pressure (2 people, 40.00%)
- Blood thinner (2 people, 40.00%)
- Hypothyroidism (2 people, 40.00%)
- High blood cholesterol (2 people, 40.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lipitor (2 people, 40.00%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (2 people, 40.00%)
- Methylphenidate hydrochloride (1 people, 20.00%)
- Pravachol (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lovaza (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ankle Swelling while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Ankle Swelling
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Ankle Swelling
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- What drugs cause male breast enlargement
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Hydrocele, Breast Enlargement, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin)
At age 62 breast seam to enlarge over the last two years
- How to deal with low blood pressure caused by metformin
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Low Blood Pressure, and takes Metformin)
I was on Accupril 5 mg for more than 10 years with little or no side effects. I was diagnosed with early Type 2 diabetes and the doctor prescribed Metformin 500 mg 2 tablets a day. After about 3 months, the blood pressure was too low 88 Sistolic 45 diastolic and suffered syncope.
I reduced Accupr ...
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
(Asked by a 64 year old woman who has DIABETES, and takes Metformin, Prilosec)
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Can cold sores cause bs to elevate?
(Asked by a 65 year old woman who has Unusually Long Time Suffering With Outbreaks Of Cold Sores. BS Always In Normal Limits Unless Sick?, and takes Metformin)
type 2 non insulin dependent DM. Having severe flu like symptoms when I get cold sore. BS never out of normal range except when I get cold sores!
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
(Asked by a 33 year old woman who has Enlarged Liver, and takes Allopurinol, Metformin, Lyrica, Morphine)
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Ankle swelling
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Androgel for secondary hypogonadism
(Posted by a 55 year old man who has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, and takes Simvastatin, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Morphine Sulfate, Amlodipine Besylate)
Severe swelling in legs, ankles and feet after being on my feet for more than one hour. Pain in calves and ankles. Feels like they're being squeezed or compressed. Pain dissipates after laying down for a few hours. Swelling never completely dissipates. Always some swelling in ankles.
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
(Posted by a 33 year old woman who has Infertility, and takes Metformin)
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Ankle swelling
- A study of side effects of Norvasc for a patient with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling Of The Scrotum
Comments: was put on Norvasc because of high blood pressure, I take Altace already
it brought down the blood pressure and could go for TURP surgery
after surgery my legs ankles, testicles twice the sice, face flushed , rapit heartbeat,
took myself off Norvasc
swelling almost gone after 1week off drug
- A study of drug interactions between Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan, Metformin, Glyburide, Bystolic, Pradaxa for a patient with High Blood Cholesterol, Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Diabetic Coma, Blood Pressure Increased, A-fib. The patient has Leg Cramping, Weakness
Comments: I stop pradaxa a week before having pain shot for lower back pain. I have no pain or weakness for about a week after going back on pradaxa. This has happended three times now. Can't say for sure the pradaxa is the cause or if that is the amount of time the pain shot last.
- A study of drug interactions between Omeprazole, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Wellbutrin Xl, Norco, Simvastatin, Tricor, Lisinopril, Metformin, Gabapentin, Phentermine, Topiramate for a patient with Acid Reflux, Depression, Pain, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent, Inflammatory Pain, Weight Loss. The patient has Hair Loss
Comments: I had some hair thinning over the past 10+ years and was told it was due to HBP and medications. Since taking phentermine and topiramate for weight loss along with the other meds hair loss has tripled at a radical rate. I stopped taking topiramate about a month ago and still the hair keeps falling ...
- A study of side effects of Symbicort for a patient with Asthma Late Onset. The patient has Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs
Comments: I have severe swelling of the legs thighs all the way up to my groin which is also swelled up. I have been to the hospital twice to get fluids off but it does not seem to help a lot. I am taking a diuretic 20mg twice a day. The swelling seems to go down while I am sleeping but comes right back durin ...
- A study of drug interactions between Vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Potassium Gluconate, Butrans, Androgel, Viibryd, Livalo, Tribenzor, Nexium, Metformin, Lantus, Atenolol, Lovaza, Allopurinol for a patient with General Physical Health Deterioration, General Physical Condition, Muscle Weakness, Pain, Testosterone, Depression, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, High Blood Pressure, Gerd, Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol, High Blood Sugar, Gout. The patient has Diabetes Mellitus, Erectile Dysfunction, Peripheral Neuropathy
Comments: Concern about allopurinol having exacerbated peripheral neuropathy
Also concerned about drugs and their interactions causing ED if I stop taking blood pressure meds incidence of ED is reduced considerably.
More related studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Ankle swelling
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Mouth Ulceration and Plavix
- Levothyroxine Sodium and Heart Valve Calcification
- Sexual Dysfunction and Amlodipine Besylate
- Palpitations and Warfarin Sodium
- Polymyositis - Adult
- I am looking for the cause of onion like bo which has developed over the past three or four months
Answer: I suspect the onion type bo is from the Xarelto. I recentl ... (2 hours ago)
- Since having my gallbladder removed, i have been having an ileum occur. does anyone know why this happens? i have celiac and never had a stomache or vomiting until the gladdbladder was removed.
i feel that the removal of the gallbladder has caused my s ... (5 hours ago)
- Is it ok to take fioricet and albuterol together?
I have been having bad headaches the pain is behind my yes ... (8 hours ago)
Recent user reviews
- Amitriptyline involuntary eye movements
I've began having sparatic involuntary eye movements a few ... (1 day ago)
- Hair loss with enbrel
I have been on Enbrel for 4 months and started seeing sign ... (2 days ago)
- Jaw pain and naproxen
Taking naproxen for pain relief of mortons neuromas. 500 m ... (2 days ago)