Review: could Metformin cause Bone and joint pain (Joint pain)?
We study 12,759 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 274 have Bone and joint pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone and joint pain and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Bone and joint pain >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,598 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Bone and joint pain
Bone And Joint Pain (latest reports from 800,907 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, multiple sclerosis.
On Oct, 28, 2014: 12,754 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 274 people (2.15%) have Bone And Joint Pain.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Bone and joint pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone and joint pain||9.68%||35.48%||3.23%||0.00%||29.03%||22.58%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Bone and joint pain||61.54%||38.46% |
Age of people who have Bone and joint pain when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.90%||1.35%||5.86%||13.96%||31.98%||45.95% |
Severity of Bone and joint pain when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||61.90%||38.10%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone and joint pain ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Bone and joint pain||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (52 people, 18.98%)
- Hypertension (36 people, 13.14%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (28 people, 10.22%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (20 people, 7.30%)
- Multiple myeloma (17 people, 6.20%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (53 people, 19.34%)
- Lisinopril (37 people, 13.50%)
- Simvastatin (30 people, 10.95%)
- Actos (27 people, 9.85%)
- Lantus (26 people, 9.49%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone And Joint Pain while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Bone And Joint Pain
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bone And Joint Pain
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Bone and joint pain
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Cymbalta caused joint pain
I had taken Cymbalta for about 1.5 years and after taking it for a few months, I started having widespread joint pain. The joint pain has gotten worse and is becoming debilitating. Joint pain in the literature as a side affect of the drug but the joint pain seems to be permanent! I have not taken Cy ...
- Xylitol caused joint pain
For over a year I was chewing nicotine gum with xylitol. During that period I developed worsening joint pain to the stage where I was diagnosed with Fybromyalgia (there was no other explanation for the pain). The chemist changed the brand of 2mg gum and I instantly felt better chewing it. After a w ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Bone and joint pain
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Prilosec, Ativan, Vicodin, Naprosyn, Norpramin, Metformin, Robinul, Strattera, Wellbutrin, Flexeril, Lexapro for a patient with Reflux Gastritis, Anxiety, Pain, Arthritis, Depression, Weight Gain, Sweating - Excessive, To Treat Side Effects Of Antidepressants Such As Extreme Fatigue And Inability To Focus, To Treat Weight Gain Side Effects Of Anti Depressants. The patient has Swallowing Painful, Vision Blurred, Anxiety, Oral Pain, Angular Cheilitis, Taste Disturbance, Gum Pain, Tongue Exfoliation, Tongue Irritation, Headache - Migraine Without Aura, Sweating - Excessive, Pain - Muscles, Pain - Joints, Depression, Hair Loss
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Tylenol, Tramadol Hydrochloride And Acetaminophen, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, Methotrexate, Zetia, Livalo, Levothyroxine Thyroid, Multivitamin, Folic Acid, Ranitidine, Metformin, Venlafaxine Hydrochloride, Dexilant for a patient with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Hypothyroidism, Supplement, Acid Reflux, Diabetes Mellitus, Chronic Depression. The patient has Sweating Fever, Fever, Fatigue - Chronic, Joint Pain, Swelling Of The Ankles - Feet - Legs, Swelling Of A Joint, Intractable Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Zinc Chloride In Plastic Container, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Atorvastatin Calcium, Losartan Potassium, Amlodipine Besylate, Metformin Hydrochloride for a patient with Nutritional Support, Prostate Support, Metabolism, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, High Blood Pressure, Diabetes. The patient has Joint Pain
More related studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Bone and joint pain
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
More related comparison studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Bone and joint pain
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.