Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Bone density decreased?
Summary: Bone density decreased is reported only by a few people who take Metformin hydrochloride.
We study 12,771 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 5 have Bone density decreased. Find out below who they are, when they have Bone density decreased and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Bone density decreased >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,612 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Bone density decreased
Bone Density Decreased has been reported by people with osteoporosis, osteopenia, breast cancer, depression, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 6,635 Bone Density Decreased patients)
On Feb, 26, 2015: 12,771 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 5 people (0.04%) have Bone Density Decreased.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Bone density decreased * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Bone density decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Bone density decreased when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Bone density decreased||80.00%||20.00% |
Age of people who have Bone density decreased when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Bone density decreased||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Severity of Bone density decreased when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Bone density decreased||0.00%||100.00%||0.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Bone density decreased ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (1 people, 20.00%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 20.00%)
- Fluid retention (1 people, 20.00%)
- Acid reflux (1 people, 20.00%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (1 people, 20.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Xalatan (1 people, 20.00%)
- Progesterone (1 people, 20.00%)
- Lisinopril (1 people, 20.00%)
- Ibuprofen (1 people, 20.00%)
- Prilosec (1 people, 20.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Bone Density Decreased while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Bone Density Decreased
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Bone density decreased
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Modafinil, Doxycycline, Prednisone, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Oxycodone, Fish Oil Fatty Acid, Allegra, Zantac 150, Metformin, Tizanidine Hydrochloride, Lyrica, Cefprozil, Allopurinol for a 32-year old man with Hypersomnia, Infection, Swelling, Pain In Limb, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Allergy To Plants, Acid Reflux, High Blood Sugar, Stress, Gout. The patient has Itching, Elevated Liver Enzymes, Insulin C-peptide Increased, Complement Factor C3 Increased, Blood Uric Acid Increased, Pseudopapilloedema, Lymphadenopathy Mediastinal, Vision Blurred, Hives, Swelling, Pain Exacerbated
- A study of drug interactions between Gabapentin, Glipizide, Metformin, Nexium, Tramadol for a 53-year old woman with Leg Pain, Hyperglycemia, Gerd, Pain - Back. The patient has Rash
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Metformin, Klonopin, Lamictal, Prozac, Abilify for a 41-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Anxiety Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, Depression. The patient has Pain - Muscles, Joint Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 51-year old man with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Blurred Vision
- A study of side effects of Estrogel for a 52-year old woman with Menopause. The patient has Bone Density Decreased
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Actos, Metformin, Onglyza for a 24-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
- Comparions of Metformin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.