Home > Metformin > Cough > Metformin and Cough
Review: could Metformin cause Cough?
We study 12,754 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 178 have Cough. Find out below who they are, when they have Cough and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Cough >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,594 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Cough (latest reports from 488,741 patients) has been reported by people with rheumatoid arthritis, high blood pressure, asthma, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol.
On Sep, 16, 2014: 12,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 178 people (1.40%) have Cough.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Cough * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Cough when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Cough when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Cough when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Cough ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (32 people, 17.98%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (19 people, 10.67%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 6.74%)
- Multiple myeloma (11 people, 6.18%)
- Pain (11 people, 6.18%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (30 people, 16.85%)
- Lisinopril (28 people, 15.73%)
- Simvastatin (24 people, 13.48%)
- Lantus (21 people, 11.80%)
- Enalapril maleate (19 people, 10.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Cough while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Cough
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Cough
Comments from related studies:
From this study (9 months ago):
I had a cough and fever, went to the doctor and they tested me for influenza type a and b, the result was negative. My fever was 101.8. The doctor prescribe Tamiflu because I have the flu like symptoms a little over 24hrs. I took the medication and my fever was gone. I returned to the doctor because I had a cough and he said I have a respiratory infection. He prescribe Mucinex and azithromycin. I felt lightheaded a few days on these medications and return to the doctor who told me to stop taking the Mucinex DM. I just finished taking my antibiotic which was the 5 days treatment and still feeling Lightheaded. Not sure what is causing this feeling. Keep in mind I was done with the Tamiflu the day before I started to take the antibiotic. Please Help
From this study (9 months ago):
when I catch cold/cough it lingers 2 months. I recently had chest Xray and the result is normal. it seems to me the driver of my cough is my throat irritates some time. My doctor is planning to change blood pressure medicine (carvidilol) to another one perhaps next week.
From this study (2 years ago):
began after diltiazem was increased.
Post a new comment OR Read more comments
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Cough
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Levaquin and confusion symptoms
Confusion. Stopped dosage at day 6 of 7; prescribed 500 mg. 1 daily. I thought the confusion was from the weeks of pretty severe coughing symptoms, associated with the sinusitus - thought maybe from a lack of oxygen from not being able to breathe well for so long. I finally stopped the med. when ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Cough
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (17 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (43 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (43 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (55 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Diviner's Sage
- Gas Flatulence
- Crystal Deposit Intestine
- Marron Europeen
- Allopurinol Superpharm 100mg