Home > Metformin > Diabetic gastroparesis > Metformin and Diabetic gastroparesis
Review: could Metformin cause Diabetic gastroparesis?
We study 12,754 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Diabetic gastroparesis. Find out below who they are, when they have Diabetic gastroparesis and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Diabetic gastroparesis >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,594 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Diabetic gastroparesis (paralysis of the muscles of the stomach caused by diabetes) (latest reports from 4,910 patients) has been reported by people with depression, stress and anxiety, diabetes, bipolar disorder, osteoporosis.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 12,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.05%) have Diabetic Gastroparesis.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Diabetic gastroparesis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33% |
Gender of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||50.00%||50.00% |
Age of people who have Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||60.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Severity of Diabetic gastroparesis when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||66.67%||33.33%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Diabetic gastroparesis ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Diabetic gastroparesis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (2 people, 33.33%)
- Gerd (1 people, 16.67%)
- Nasopharyngitis (1 people, 16.67%)
- Nausea (1 people, 16.67%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (3 people, 50.00%)
- Lortab (2 people, 33.33%)
- Byetta (2 people, 33.33%)
- Fosinopril sodium (2 people, 33.33%)
- Contac 12 hour (2 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Diabetic Gastroparesis while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Diabetic Gastroparesis
- group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- group for people who have Diabetic Gastroparesis
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- Does anyone have type 1 diabetes and gastropresis experiencing leg, ankle, foot and/or face swelling? i am wondering if it could be caused by vitamin deficiency?
I was diaganosed with Gastroparesis about 4 1/2 years ago and have had flare ups off and on. But i had a bad one this last December and my stomach and body aren't recovering very well. I am 29 and was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes when i turned 21. For the past couple of months my legs, ankles, fee ...
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Diabetic gastroparesis
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
- Metformin induced psoriatiform drug eruption
I'm a medical professional and I found psoratiform drug eruptions on my glans penis after taking metformin. This is the second time it has come and made me investigate the scenario myself. Lesions are scaly erythematous lesions and I am currently using low potency topical steroids after discontinuin ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Diabetic gastroparesis
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Zolpidem Tartrate, Topamax, Lorazepam, Sertraline, Wellbutrin Xl for a 42-year old woman who has Insomnia, Seizure Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, Depression (20 minutes ago)
- MSM, Ginseng, Panax, Ginger, Saw Palmetto for a 114-year old woman who has Ykyik, Jtuj, Etg, Rtg (26 minutes ago)
- Flomax for a 54-year old man who has BPH (1 hour ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Chantix and Dementia Alzheimer\'s Type
- Abnormal Dreams
- Rebif and Ovarian Cancer Recurrent
- Atrial Flutter and Multiple Sclerosis
- Victoza and Atrial Fibrillation
Recent user comments
- "I just wanted to know if ABX therapy with these drugs ... " (4 hours ago)
- "I just started taking Atorvastatin 2 months ago and h ... " (4 hours ago)
- "Went for a blood test on Aug. 2013 and the platlet co ... " (6 hours ago)
- Stomach Pain
- Primary Pulmonary Hypertension
- Preventive Health Care
- Parkinson's Disease
- Prostate Cancer