Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Excessive thirst (Thirst - excessive)?
Summary: Excessive thirst is found among people who take Metformin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 50-59 old, also take medication Klonopin, and have Diabetes.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 11 have Excessive thirst. Find out below who they are, when they have Excessive thirst and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Excessive thirst >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Excessive thirst has been reported by people with schizophrenia, high blood pressure, depression, quit smoking, diabetes. (latest reports from 2,773 Excessive thirst patients)
On Mar, 1, 2015: 12,771 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 11 people (0.09%) have Excessive Thirst.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Excessive thirst * :
Gender of people who have Excessive thirst when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Excessive thirst||72.73%||27.27% |
Age of people who have Excessive thirst when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Excessive thirst||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||9.09%||0.00%||45.45%||45.45% |
Severity of Excessive thirst when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Excessive thirst ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (6 people, 54.55%)
- Pain (4 people, 36.36%)
- Hypertension (4 people, 36.36%)
- Blood cholesterol (4 people, 36.36%)
- Menstrual disorder (4 people, 36.36%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Klonopin (4 people, 36.36%)
- Prilosec (4 people, 36.36%)
- Hydroxyzine (4 people, 36.36%)
- Cogentin (4 people, 36.36%)
- Zocor (4 people, 36.36%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Excessive Thirst while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Excessive Thirst
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Excessive Thirst
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 68-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Kidney Infection
- A study of drug interactions between Biotin, Tramadol, Omeprazole, Lyrica, Neurontin, Amitriptyline Hydrochloride, Losartan, Bydureon, Metformin, Humalog, Chantix for a 39-year old woman with Deficiency Anaemia, Pain, Gerd, Neuropathy, Hypertension, Diabetes, Diabetes Mellitus Insulin-dependent, Quit Smoking. The patient has Amphetamines Positive
- A study of drug interactions between Adderall, Nexium, Metformin, Lexapro, Levaquin for a 52-year old woman with ADHD, Acid Reflux, Diabetes, Depression, Respiratory Disorder. The patient has Fatigue, Numbness And Tingling, Mouth Ulcers
- A study of drug interactions between Protonix, Lexapro, Synthroid, Lisinopril And Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin for a 61-year old woman with Acid Reflux, Anxiety Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition, Thyroid Disorder, High Blood Pressure, Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urinary Frequency Or Urgency, Flank Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan, Actos, Metformin, Synthroid, Invokana for a 53-year old woman with Blood Pressure, Diabetes, Hypothyroidism. The patient has Binge Eating
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
- Comparions of Gabapentin, Metformin Hydrochloride for a 40-year old woman who has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Comparions of Metformin, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar for a 50-year old woman who has Diabetes
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.