Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Growth hormone excess (Acromegaly)?
Summary: Growth hormone excess is reported only by a few people who take Metformin hydrochloride.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Growth hormone excess. Find out below who they are, when they have Growth hormone excess and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Growth hormone excess >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Growth hormone excess
Growth hormone excess (body produces too much growth hormone, leading to excess growth of body tissues) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hypopituitarism, growth hormone deficiency, high blood cholesterol, depression. (latest reports from 2,565 Growth hormone excess patients)
On Apr, 6, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Growth Hormone Excess.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Growth hormone excess * :
Gender of people who have Growth hormone excess when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Growth hormone excess||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Growth hormone excess when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Growth hormone excess||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Growth hormone excess when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Growth hormone excess ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (2 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hypoglycaemia (2 people, 100.00%)
- Tremor (2 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor (2 people, 100.00%)
- Serzone (2 people, 100.00%)
- Desyrel (2 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 100.00%)
- Zocor (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metformin hydrochloride and growth hormone excess on
Do you have Growth Hormone Excess while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Growth Hormone Excess
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Growth Hormone Excess
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Sitagliptin Phosphate, Omeprazole, Prednisolone, Levothyroxine Sodium, Metformin for a 68-year old woman with Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Gallstones, Polymyalgia Rheumatica, Hypothyroidism, Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent. The patient has Itching
- A study of drug interactions between Coenzyme Q10, ASA, Plavix, Actos, Metformin, Glucotrol, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Zocor, Glipizide, Byetta for a 73-year old man with Hyperlipidemia, Hyperlipidaemia, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent, Parkinsonian Rest Tremor, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependenet.
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Lovaza, Trilipix, Simvastatin, Qsymia for a 43-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Weight Loss. The patient has Muscle Spasms
- A study of drug interactions between Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metformin, Gliclazide for a 81-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Diabetes
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Metformin, Glimepiride for a 45-year old woman with Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes.
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.