Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Growth hormone excess (Acromegaly)?
Summary: Growth hormone excess is reported only by a few people who take Metformin hydrochloride.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 2 have Growth hormone excess. Find out below who they are, when they have Growth hormone excess and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Growth hormone excess >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Growth hormone excess
Growth hormone excess (body produces too much growth hormone, leading to excess growth of body tissues) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, hypopituitarism, high blood cholesterol, depression, growth hormone deficiency. (latest reports from 2,565 Growth hormone excess patients)
On Mar, 5, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 2 people (0.02%) have Growth Hormone Excess.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Growth hormone excess * :
Gender of people who have Growth hormone excess when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Growth hormone excess||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Growth hormone excess when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Growth hormone excess||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Growth hormone excess when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
How people recovered from Growth hormone excess ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Anxiety (2 people, 100.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 100.00%)
- Hypoglycaemia (2 people, 100.00%)
- Tremor (2 people, 100.00%)
- Anxiety disorder (2 people, 100.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Effexor (2 people, 100.00%)
- Serzone (2 people, 100.00%)
- Desyrel (2 people, 100.00%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 100.00%)
- Zocor (2 people, 100.00%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Growth Hormone Excess while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Growth Hormone Excess
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Growth Hormone Excess
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 60-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Heart Rate Irregular
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Onglyza, Crestor, Farxiga for a 64-year old man with Diabetes, Lower Cholesterol. The patient has Swelling, Pain In Jaw, Nasal Congestion
- A study of drug interactions between Losartan Potassium; Hydrochlorothiazide, Synthroid, Cymbalta, Glumetza for a 60-year old woman with High Blood Pressure, Thyroid Cancer - Papillary Carcinoma, Pain - Back, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. The patient has Insomnia, Hip Pain, Back Pain
- A study of side effects of Metformin for a 52-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Uterine Fibroids (benign growths of the muscle inside the uterus)
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Victoza for a 35-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Dizziness, Nausea, Heart Palpitations, Breathing Difficulty, Chills, Diarrhea, Fatigue
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Actos, Metformin, Onglyza for a 24-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Klonopin, Celexa, Clozapine for a 55-year old woman who has Anxiety
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes
- Comparions of Lexapro, Hydrochlorothiazide, Lisinopril, Metformin, Garcinia Cambogia for a 60-year old woman who has Tramadol
- Comparions of Metformin, Propranolol Hydrochloride for a 56-year old man who has Hypertension
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.