Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Leg pain?
Summary: Leg pain is reported only by a few people who take Metformin hydrochloride.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Leg pain. Find out below who they are, when they have Leg pain and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Leg pain >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Leg pain has been reported by people with high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, depression, gastroesophageal reflux disease, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 1,104 Leg pain patients)
On Apr, 12, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Leg Pain.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Leg pain * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33%||33.33%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Leg pain when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||100.00% |
Age of people who have Leg pain when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Leg pain||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||66.67% |
Severity of Leg pain when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Leg pain||0.00%||33.33%||66.67%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Leg pain ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Type 2 diabetes (2 people, 66.67%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (1 people, 33.33%)
- Asthma (1 people, 33.33%)
- High blood cholesterol and triglycerides (1 people, 33.33%)
- Low density lipoprotein (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Glyburide (1 people, 33.33%)
- Singulair (1 people, 33.33%)
- Byetta (1 people, 33.33%)
- Lipitor (1 people, 33.33%)
- Pravastatin sodium (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metformin hydrochloride and leg pain on
Do you have Leg Pain while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Leg Pain
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Leg Pain
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Penicillin-vk, Phentermine, Mirena for a 36-year old woman with Antibiotic Level, Weight Loss, Birth Control. The patient has Muscle Weakness, Low Platelet Count, Sinus Infection, Aches - Leg, Fatigue
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Diabetic Foot, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of side effects of Ceftin for a 34-year old woman with Infection - Ear. The patient has Leg Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Omega-3 Oil, Magnesium, Evening Primrose Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sumatriptan, Zorvolex, Folic Acid, Cetirizine Hydrochloride Allergy, Psyllium, Hydroxocobalamin for a 61-year old man with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Immune System Disorder, Complicated Migraine, Pain, Don't Know, Hay Fever, Constipation. The patient has Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Aches - Leg, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Migraine, Fibromyalgia, Hay Fever, Constipation, Vitamin B12 Deficiency
- A study of side effects of Colcrys for a 59-year old man with Gout. The patient has Leg Cramps
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.