Home > Metformin > Loss of libido > Metformin and Loss of libido
Review: could Metformin cause Loss of libido?
We study 12,759 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Loss of libido. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of libido and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Loss of libido >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,598 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Loss of libido
Loss Of Libido (loss of sexual urge) (latest reports from 11,845 patients) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, hair loss, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.05%) have Loss Of Libido.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Loss of libido * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of libido when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Loss of libido||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Loss of libido when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Loss of libido when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of libido ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 33.33%)
- Stones - kidney (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gerd (1 people, 16.67%)
- Crps (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Doxazosin mesylate (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 33.33%)
- Glipizide (2 people, 33.33%)
- Paxil (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lamictal (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Loss Of Libido while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Loss Of Libido
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Loss Of Libido
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Can cold sores cause bs to elevate?
type 2 non insulin dependent DM. Having severe flu like symptoms when I get cold sore. BS never out of normal range except when I get cold sores!
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Is there anything a doctor can perscribe to increase libido?
I was put on Carvedilol for my heart a little over a year ago. Almost immediately I lost my desire for sexual intercourse. It is putting a strain on my marriage and my doctor doesn't appear to have any interest in doing anything to help me. I am trying to get in to see another electrophysiologist. I ...
- Interactions for combinding metformin, wellbutrin, celexa and lisinopril
I am taking 1000mg of metformin twice a day, celexa 40 mg once a day, lisinopril 20 mg once a day, and wellbutrin SR 200 mg twice a day. I have been taking them for a few months but now all of a sudden I have become so hyper. Mainly in my shoulders. Any idea what might be going on?
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Loss of libido
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
- Metformin induced psoriatiform drug eruption
I'm a medical professional and I found psoratiform drug eruptions on my glans penis after taking metformin. This is the second time it has come and made me investigate the scenario myself. Lesions are scaly erythematous lesions and I am currently using low potency topical steroids after discontinuin ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Hair loss, no elevated mood or depression, nausea, tiredness
Due to hair loss I switched over to Morphine. The hair loss goes on. While taking Tramadol for 5 month I've already lost 2/3 of my long and thick hair. In about 3 month I'll be bold - as a woman.
Tramadol elevated my mood. Morphine doesn't. It might even depress me - who knows? Taking 60mg at onc ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
- Metformin, vision blurred
My primary care physician prescribed Metformin for type 2 Diabetes. First pill caused "wobbly" then blurred vision within a half hour of taking. Asked doctor if I should stop taking the drug. She said no. Second pill doubled the blurring immediately. Long distance and middle vision (computer screen ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Loss of libido
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
More related studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Loss of libido
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Metformin for a 20-year old woman who has Age And Weight Loss
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Metformin, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Chantix, Metformin, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Pancreatin, Topamax, Glucophage for a 42-year old woman who has Sebnem Senkul
- Comparions of Metformin, Ceftazidime, Furosemide, Colchicine, Gliclazide for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Metformin for a 46-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Gliclazide, Clopidogrel, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Diabetics & Hypertension
- Comparions of Metformin, Lexapro, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Toprol-xl for a 75-year old woman who has Heart Rate Increased
More related comparison studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Loss of libido
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Recent mobile support groups
- Mirena and Coagulopathy
- Slapped Cheek
- Abdominal Pain and Premarin
- Ringing In The Ears and Ribavirin
- Gerd and Stomach Discomfort
Recent user comments
- "It has been almost two months that abovementoined sym ... " (1 hour ago)
- "Wondering if possible i could have candida. i have ce ... " (2 hours ago)
- "Within a week after starting Meloxicam I developed a ... " (3 hours ago)
- Ketoprofen Overdose
- Nicotine Poisoning
- Labetalol Hydrochloride
- Colon Cancer Metastatic