Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Loss of libido?
Summary: Loss of libido is found among people who take Metformin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 30-39 old, have been taking the drug for 2 - 5 years, also take medication Doxazosin mesylate, and have Diabetes.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 6 have Loss of libido. Find out below who they are, when they have Loss of libido and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Loss of libido >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Loss of libido
Loss Of Libido (loss of sexual urge) has been reported by people with depression, birth control, hair loss, stress and anxiety, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 2,601 Loss Of Libido patients)
On Apr, 14, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 6 people (0.05%) have Loss Of Libido.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Loss of libido * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||20.00%||40.00%||20.00%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Loss of libido when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Loss of libido||33.33%||66.67% |
Age of people who have Loss of libido when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||33.33%||0.00%||33.33%||33.33% |
Severity of Loss of libido when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Loss of libido ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Loss of libido||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (3 people, 50.00%)
- Depression (2 people, 33.33%)
- Stones - kidney (1 people, 16.67%)
- Gerd (1 people, 16.67%)
- Crps (1 people, 16.67%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Doxazosin mesylate (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lisinopril (2 people, 33.33%)
- Glipizide (2 people, 33.33%)
- Paxil (2 people, 33.33%)
- Lamictal (1 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of metformin hydrochloride and loss of libido on
Do you have Loss Of Libido while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Loss Of Libido
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Loss Of Libido
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Ramipril, Sertraline for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Hot Flushes, Cough, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Diabetic Foot, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.