Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Neuropathy peripheral?
Summary: Neuropathy peripheral is found among people who take Metformin hydrochloride, especially for people who are female, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 1 - 2 years, also take medication Lisinopril, and have Depression.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, depression, pain, high blood pressure. (latest reports from 27,674 Neuropathy peripheral patients)
On Apr, 19, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 86 people (0.67%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||57.47%||42.53% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.18%||22.06%||23.53%||38.24% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 17.44%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 13.95%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 13.95%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 13.95%)
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 12.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (27 people, 31.40%)
- Prevacid (23 people, 26.74%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 25.58%)
- Actos (20 people, 23.26%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 19.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Rosuvastatin Calcium, Metformin, Gliclazide for a 81-year old man with Diabetes. The patient has Diabetes
- A study of drug interactions between Phentermine, Metformin, Glimepiride for a 45-year old woman with Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes.
- A study of drug interactions between Zopiclone, Citalopram Hydrobromide, Metformin for a 47-year old woman with Insomnia, Depression, Insulin Resistance. The patient has Heart Palpitations
- A study of drug interactions between Macrobid, Effexor Xr, Metformin for a 58-year old woman with Urinary Tract Infection, Depression, Diabetes. The patient has Vomiting, Night Sweats, Urge Incontinence, Ear Congestion, Cough, Chest Ct, Scan Lymph Nodes
- A study of drug interactions between Calcium, Krill Oil, Aspirin, Lisinopril, Lipitor, Metformin, Gabapentin, Tecfidera for a 56-year old woman with Bone Health, Ms, Heart Health, Blood Pressure - Aging Changes, Blood Cholesterol Abnormal, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Neurological Pain.
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.