Home > Metformin > Neuropathy peripheral > Metformin and Neuropathy peripheral
Review: could Metformin cause Neuropathy peripheral?
We study 12,759 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 86 have Neuropathy peripheral. Find out below who they are, when they have Neuropathy peripheral and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Neuropathy peripheral >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,598 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Neuropathy peripheral (surface nerve damage) (latest reports from 203,821 patients) has been reported by people with multiple myeloma, osteoporosis, high blood pressure, depression, pain.
On Oct, 31, 2014: 12,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 86 people (0.67%) have Neuropathy Peripheral.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Neuropathy peripheral * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||20.00%||0.00%||60.00%||0.00%||20.00%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||57.47%||42.53% |
Age of people who have Neuropathy peripheral when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||16.18%||22.06%||23.53%||38.24% |
Severity of Neuropathy peripheral when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Neuropathy peripheral||25.00%||0.00%||75.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Neuropathy peripheral ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Neuropathy peripheral||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Depression (15 people, 17.44%)
- Bipolar disorder (12 people, 13.95%)
- Hypertension (12 people, 13.95%)
- Anxiety (12 people, 13.95%)
- Diabetes mellitus (11 people, 12.79%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Lisinopril (27 people, 31.40%)
- Prevacid (23 people, 26.74%)
- Aspirin (22 people, 25.58%)
- Actos (20 people, 23.26%)
- Seroquel (17 people, 19.77%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Neuropathy Peripheral while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Neuropathy Peripheral
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Neuropathy Peripheral
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Could prilosec cause an elevated blood sugar
I've been on Prilosec for about 1 month & my blood sugars have been elevated starting shortly after I started on it. could Prilosec be causing it? Nothing else has changed with my meds or lifestyle.
- Can gabapentin cause bladder distension? there is no urinary symptom .
Existing illness are Chronic renal failure (after hydro uretero nephrosis due to BPH) and peripheral neuropathy (vit B6 deficiency ) after ATT are the major problems along with BP .At present , the problem is that creatinine gas risen from 1,1 to 1.5 in 6 months .Since 6 months , I am taking medicin ...
- Can cold sores cause bs to elevate?
type 2 non insulin dependent DM. Having severe flu like symptoms when I get cold sore. BS never out of normal range except when I get cold sores!
- I have an enlarged liver...could i use buprenorphine?
I want to know if i can take buprenorphine with an enlarged liver
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
- Can testosterone cause hyperkinectic heart symtom
I used testosone injections for more that 20 years.
- Does xarelto contribute to extreme thinning of hair
extreme hair thinning
inability to relieve dry eye symptoms (burning, feeling of foreign object in eyes
can anything be done to correct these eymptoms
- Interactions for combinding metformin, wellbutrin, celexa and lisinopril
I am taking 1000mg of metformin twice a day, celexa 40 mg once a day, lisinopril 20 mg once a day, and wellbutrin SR 200 mg twice a day. I have been taking them for a few months but now all of a sudden I have become so hyper. Mainly in my shoulders. Any idea what might be going on?
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Neuropathy peripheral
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
- Metformin induced psoriatiform drug eruption
I'm a medical professional and I found psoratiform drug eruptions on my glans penis after taking metformin. This is the second time it has come and made me investigate the scenario myself. Lesions are scaly erythematous lesions and I am currently using low potency topical steroids after discontinuin ...
- Spiriva caused me to swell up like a hippo.
My Doctor prescribed spiriva to help me breathe due to asthma/cold. I never smoked but my parents and friends were heavy smokers. I used the spiriva 3 times. Once a day for 3 days then I started swelling in my ankles and the swelling continued until my face, hands arms... basically I was so swollen ...
- Idiopathic insomnolence
In 1997 I was diagnosed with Narcolepsy with an intolerance to Dexamp(hetamine) tablets.
After 3 years of nose operations, and sleep tests to remove other potential issues (lung problems or apnoea) I have finally been re-diagnosed (2013) with idiopathic insomnolence.
Modaphinil caused a rea ...
- Cymbalta and pulmonary embolisms
I started taking Cymbalta in August for pain. By September I was suffering from shortness of breath. Visited Doctors asking if Cymbalta could be the cause. Answer was no. By the end of September I was no longer taking Cymbalta but still suffering from shortness of breath. It was getting severe a ...
- I experienced fatigue, muscle aches and twitches with asacol
Was taking 2 tablets 3x per day for a month and a half and began having muscle twitches, muscle and joint aches and fatigue severe enough people noticed I couldn't find correct words to finish my sentences. I stopped taking it and it has taken almost three weeks to feel human and energetic again. Pe ...
- Botox and dry eye pain
I have severe dry eye, very painful at night, with gritty feeling 75% of the day. Drops such as gels, liquids, were used (Muro 128, genteal). Then switched to preservative free drops which have helped by 90%.
There is research about the injection of botox into crows feet and causing dry eye. Thi ...
- Avelox with prednisone and nabumetome = disaster
I was prescribed that combination of drugs in January 2013 when I went to my family doctor with a bad chest congestion and painful knees. After starting on the drugs, I got a severely painful neck and thumb and noticed some tingling in my left foot. I took the whole course of the avelox and predniso ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Neuropathy peripheral
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
Recent related drug studies:
- A study of drug interactions between Multivitamin, Thiamine, CoQ10, Adderall, Januvia, Metformin for a patient with Malabsorption, Thiamine Deficiency, Muscle Pain, Add, Diabetes. The patient has Basophil % Slightly Elevated (2+ Years), Albumin Globulin Ratio Abnormal, Bun Higher Than Normal (23), Muscle Cramps, Neuropathy Peripheral, Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Actos, Diovan Hct, Lipitor, Victoza, Januvia, Aspirin for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral
- A study of drug interactions between Reyataz, Norvir, Epivir, Viread, Metformin Hydrochloride, Pravastatin Sodium, Modafinil, Benazepril Hydrochloride, Acyclovir, Androgel, Finasteride, Allegra, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Nasacort Aq for a patient with Hiv Infection, Csf Glucose, High Blood Cholesterol And Triglycerides, Fatigue, High Blood Pressure, Heartburn Prevention, Testosterone, Hair Loss, Allergies, Neuropathy Peripheral, Restless Leg Syndrome. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- A study of drug interactions between Lantus, Hyzaar, Metformin Hydrochloride, Glimepiride, Atenolol, Zocor for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Cholesterol. The patient has Neuropathy Peripheral, Cough, Insomnia
More related studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Neuropathy peripheral
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Benicar, Warfarin Sodium, Metformin, Prednisone, Zytiga for a 80-year old man who has Cancer
- Comparions of Garcinia Cambogia, Metformin for a 20-year old woman who has Age And Weight Loss
- Comparions of Levothyroxine Sodium, Lisinopril, Metformin, Glipizide for a 44-year old man who has Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Comparions of Sodium Bicarbonate, Ropinirole Hydrochloride, Niacin, Metformin, Lidoderm for a 64-year old man who has Medical
- Comparions of Chantix, Metformin, Simvastatin, Wellbutrin Sr, Prozac for a 52-year old woman who has Chronic Depression
- Comparions of Escitalopram, Pancreatin, Topamax, Glucophage for a 42-year old woman who has Sebnem Senkul
- Comparions of Metformin, Ceftazidime, Furosemide, Colchicine, Gliclazide for a 57-year old man who has Parapneumonic Pulmonary Effusion
- Comparions of Doxycycline, Metformin for a 46-year old man who has Diabetes Mellitus Non-insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Gliclazide, Clopidogrel, Losartan Potassium, Diltiazem Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Diabetics & Hypertension
- Comparions of Metformin, Lexapro, Enalapril Maleate, Aldactone, Toprol-xl for a 75-year old woman who has Heart Rate Increased
More related comparison studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Neuropathy peripheral
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.