Home > Metformin > Potassium - low > Metformin and Potassium - low
Review: could Metformin cause Potassium - low (Hypokalemia)?
We study 12,754 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 92 have Potassium - low. Find out below who they are, when they have Potassium - low and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Potassium - low >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,594 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Potassium - low
Potassium - low (low potassium) (latest reports from 180,196 patients) has been reported by people with high blood pressure, osteoporosis, pain, depression, multiple myeloma.
On Oct, 13, 2014: 12,754 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 92 people (0.72%) have Potassium - Low.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Potassium - low * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Potassium - low||13.33%||20.00%||6.67%||0.00%||26.67%||13.33%||20.00% |
Gender of people who have Potassium - low when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Potassium - low||67.03%||32.97% |
Age of people who have Potassium - low when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Potassium - low||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||10.14%||23.19%||18.84%||47.83% |
Severity of Potassium - low when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Potassium - low||0.00%||50.00%||50.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Potassium - low ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Potassium - low||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (20 people, 21.74%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (17 people, 18.48%)
- Metastatic neoplasm (13 people, 14.13%)
- Breast cancer metastatic (11 people, 11.96%)
- Hypersensitivity (10 people, 10.87%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Zometa (33 people, 35.87%)
- Oxycontin (27 people, 29.35%)
- Aspirin (27 people, 29.35%)
- Ambien (22 people, 23.91%)
- Lantus (20 people, 21.74%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Potassium - Low while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Potassium - Low
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Potassium - Low
Comments from related studies:
From this study (2 years ago):
i am having dizziness, falling with head injuries, feet & leg cramps, out of balance & disorientation, increase in blood pressure today 162/75/69,loss of appetate, difficulty walking, can hardly put one foot forward.Been on this medicine since Feb 2012.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Potassium - low
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Ceftriaxone reynolds syndrome & tenditis
Ceftriaxone intravenous, after a week hypokalemia hospital visit waited a week went back to the CDC physician he said that drug had nothing to do with it. I am allergic to 99% of antibiotics I can only take a z-pack for two weeks and then run into allergic reactions. We started back on the Cefriaxon ...
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Potassium - low
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Sertraline, Hydrocodone Bitartrate And Acetaminophen, Lisinopril for a 68-year old man who has Depression, Pain, Blood Pressure Increased (60 seconds ago)
- Alendronate Sodium, Sertraline, Gabapentin, Metoprolol Tartrate for a 76-year old woman who has Bone Density Decreased, Depression, Fibromyalgia, A Fib (6 minutes ago)
- Ibuprofen, Tramadol, Prazosin Hydrochloride, Simvastatin, Cyclobenzaprine Hydrochloride, Nabumetone, Mirtazapine for a 36-year old man who has Inflammation Localised, Pain, Nightmares, Hyperlipidemia, Muscle Spasms, Pain - Bones, Depression (6 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Primary Biliary Cirrhosis
- Fibromyalgia and Hyponatraemia
- Hair Loss and Gabapentin
- Arthritis - Osteoarthritis and Keppra
Recent user comments
- "Acute onset. August LFT's normal, Mirtazapine added S ... " (8 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed levothyroxine sodium but had to take ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "also prescribed synthroid but had to take self off. b ... " (59 minutes ago)
- Solidago Virgaurea
- Midodrine Hydrochloride (impax Pharms) 2.5mg
- Acetaminophen Aspirin And Codeine Phosphate
- Caclia Doce
- Nausea And Vomiting