Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Pustular psoriasis?
Summary: Pustular psoriasis is reported only by a few people who take Metformin hydrochloride.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 3 have Pustular psoriasis. Find out below who they are, when they have Pustular psoriasis and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Pustular psoriasis >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Pustular psoriasis (raised bumps on the skin that are filled with pus) has been reported by people with psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthropathy, crohn's disease, ankylosing spondylitis. (latest reports from 1,648 Pustular psoriasis patients)
On Apr, 18, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 3 people (0.02%) have Pustular Psoriasis.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Pustular psoriasis * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Pustular psoriasis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Gender of people who have Pustular psoriasis when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Pustular psoriasis||100.00%||0.00% |
Age of people who have Pustular psoriasis when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Pustular psoriasis||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
Severity of Pustular psoriasis when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Pustular psoriasis||0.00%||0.00%||100.00%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Pustular psoriasis ** :
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (2 people, 66.67%)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hypothyroidism (1 people, 33.33%)
- Hypertension (1 people, 33.33%)
- Ankylosing spondylitis (1 people, 33.33%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Insulin glargine (1 people, 33.33%)
- Acetaminophen with propoxyphene hcl tab (1 people, 33.33%)
- Levothyroxine sodium (1 people, 33.33%)
- Celecoxib (1 people, 33.33%)
- Atenolol (1 people, 33.33%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Pustular Psoriasis while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Pustular Psoriasis
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Pustular Psoriasis
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of side effects of Metformin Hydrochloride for a 58-year old woman with Diabetes. The patient has Seveer Upper Back Pain
- A study of drug interactions between Glucophage, Ramipril, Sertraline for a 52-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, High Blood Pressure, Depression. The patient has Hot Flushes, Cough, Headache
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Xanax for a 61-year old woman with Diabetic Foot, Anxiety Disorder. The patient has Brittle Nails
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Synthroid, Metformin for a 61-year old woman who has Hypothyroidism
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.