Home > Metformin > Red face > Metformin and Red face
Review: could Metformin cause Red face (Skin blushing/flushing)?
We study 12,754 people who have side effects while taking Metformin from FDA and social media. Among them, 390 have Red face. Find out below who they are, when they have Red face and more.
Get connected: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Red face >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,594 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Red face (a sudden reddening of the face, neck) (latest reports from 377,280 patients) has been reported by people with high blood cholesterol, high density lipoprotein decreased, low density lipoprotein increased, high blood pressure, hyperlipidaemia.
On Sep, 17, 2014: 12,751 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 390 people (3.06%) have Red Face.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Red face * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Red face||12.50%||12.50%||12.50%||37.50%||12.50%||12.50%||0.00% |
Gender of people who have Red face when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Red face||42.71%||57.29% |
Age of people who have Red face when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||0.52%||0.00%||3.14%||21.47%||26.18%||48.69% |
Severity of Red face when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Red face||25.00%||25.00%||25.00%||25.00% |
How people recovered from Red face ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Red face||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- High density lipoprotein decreased (60 people, 15.38%)
- Blood triglycerides increased (43 people, 11.03%)
- Blood cholesterol increased (43 people, 11.03%)
- Low density lipoprotein increased (26 people, 6.67%)
- Diabetes mellitus (15 people, 3.85%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Niaspan (180 people, 46.15%)
- Aspirin (138 people, 35.38%)
- Lisinopril (65 people, 16.67%)
- Crestor (31 people, 7.95%)
- Vitamin d (26 people, 6.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Red Face while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
Get connected! Join a mobile support group:
- group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Red Face
- group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- group for people who have Red Face
Comments from related studies:
From this study (10 months ago):
In the last month i have been having skin flushing, redness and heat on my face, only in the evening time.
From this study (2 years ago):
nervousness, baldness, weight gain, hypertension, fluid retention
From this study (3 years ago):
je Harp on Aug, 22, 2011:
Interesting that you would use Juice Plus, since it is not a drug or herb. It's a food supplement, made from nothing more than dehydrated fruits and vegetables.
Can you answer these questions (what is this?):
- Laryngitis from depression?
I had a heart attack 3yrs ago, finding it hard to handle. Waiting for a complete knee replacement, also long history of back problems. Chronic pain. Diabetic on insulin.
- Can sulfamethoxazole-tmp ds, raise or lower blood sugar.
Symptoms the last 10 days are chills, sweating, light fever (98.9 to 100) sometimes. General malaise, tired, poor sleep. Just depressed, because of the recurrent Infection that no antibiotics (supposedly the bacteria Klesiella-pneumoniae is Sensitive to all the antibiotics I have taken so far)has cl ...
- Could any of the following drugs cause bullous pemphigoid
I have not developed blisters, just hives. I have been tested for most common allergies and appear not to have allergies. I have seen some descriptions on line and with drugs that seem t indicate a relation between these drugs and Bullous pemphigoid, but I have not been able to find more than a lin ...
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Red face
You may be interested at these reviews (what is this?):
- Olfactory issues due to metformin use
I've found that the metformin does not smell especially bad, but when I first started taking it, I could smell something horrible - to the point where I pulled apart my cupboards and fridge, fully expecting to find some maggot-riddled rotting meat. Eventually I realized I was smelling normal smel ...
- Metformin changes in mentrual cycle
At age 55, I started to enter menopause. When it began to taper off a couple of years ago, only one ovary was functioning, and my periods lasted only 1-2 days with minimal flow. Hadn't had a period in 4 months. Still had some PMS symptoms, but no flow. Was prescribed Metformin for pre-diabetes. My ...
- Metformin induced psoriatiform drug eruption
I'm a medical professional and I found psoratiform drug eruptions on my glans penis after taking metformin. This is the second time it has come and made me investigate the scenario myself. Lesions are scaly erythematous lesions and I am currently using low potency topical steroids after discontinuin ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Red face
On eHealthMe, Metformin Hydrochloride (metformin hydrochloride) is often used for diabetes. Find out below the conditions Metformin Hydrochloride is used for, how effective it is, and any alternative drugs that you can use to treat those same conditions.
What is Metformin Hydrochloride used for and how effective is it:
Other drugs that are used to treat the same conditions:
Could it be a symptom from a condition:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause it?
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
44 million health professionals and patients have studied on eHealthMe. Recent studies:
- Meloxicam for a 33-year old woman who has Inflammation (17 minutes ago)
- Topamax, Synthroid, Trihexyphenidyl Hydrochloride for a 61-year old woman who has Migraine With Aura, Hypothyroidism, Parkinsonian Gait (43 minutes ago)
- Ubiquinol, Grapefruit Seed Extract, B-12, Synthroid, Celexa, Prednisone, Imuran for a 79-year old woman who has General Physical Health Deterioration, Lupus Vasculitis, Energy Increased, Thyroid Function Test Abnormal, Depression (55 minutes ago)
Recent mobile support groups
- Carbidopa And Levodopa and Libido Increased
- Inflammation and Meloxicam
- Pain and Sphincter Of Oddi Dysfunction
Recent user comments
- "Stabbing pain began at about a level 6 only while I w ... " (45 minutes ago)
- "I have had 5 strokes 14 years ago-have osteroporosis, ... " (57 minutes ago)
- "Since starting Latuda I have noticed a sharp increase ... " (2 hours ago)
- Dolene Ap 65
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Contraceptives Over The Counter
- Birth Control Over The Counter
- Oracea Galderma Labs Lp 40mg