Home > Metformin hydrochloride > Ringing in the ears > Metformin hydrochloride and Ringing in the ears
Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)?
Summary: Ringing in the ears is found among people who take Metformin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes mellitus.
We study 12,759 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Ringing in the ears. Find out below who they are, when they have Ringing in the ears and more.
You are not alone: join a mobile support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Ringing in the ears >>>
Metformin hydrochloride (latest outcomes from 14,600 users) has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes.
Ringing in the ears
Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears) (latest reports from 115,576 patients) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, high blood cholesterol, stress and anxiety.
On Nov, 12, 2014: 12,759 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 30 people (0.24%) have Ringing In The Ears.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Ringing in the ears * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||12.50%||0.00%||25.00%||18.75%||37.50%||6.25% |
Gender of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Ringing in the ears||29.03%||70.97% |
Age of people who have Ringing in the ears when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||0.00%||3.23%||9.68%||38.71%||48.39% |
Severity of Ringing in the ears when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
|Ringing in the ears||14.29%||71.43%||14.29%||0.00% |
How people recovered from Ringing in the ears ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
|Ringing in the ears||0.00%||0.00%||100.00% |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (13 people, 43.33%)
- Hypertension (9 people, 30.00%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 16.67%)
- Hyperlipidaemia (3 people, 10.00%)
- Hyperchlorhydria (3 people, 10.00%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (7 people, 23.33%)
- Actos (5 people, 16.67%)
- Lexapro (5 people, 16.67%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 16.67%)
- Coreg (5 people, 16.67%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Do you have Ringing In The Ears while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a mobile support group:
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Ringing In The Ears
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Ringing In The Ears
Latest outcomes in real world:
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
Can you answer these questions (Ask a question):
- Nimotop for curing tinnitus?
(Asked by a 56 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Nimotop)
i have tinnitus and the doctor is giving me nimotop 30 mg is this good?
- Can this medication cause the ears to ring?
(Asked by a 57 year old man who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Protonix)
I developed tinnitus about one year ago. I understand that there is no cure for it. I'm researching it myself. I'm also in a research program that requires me to wear small ear generators. It doesn't seem to help at this time.
- What drugs cause male breast enlargement
(Asked by a 62 year old man who has Hydrocele, Breast Enlargement, and takes Hydrochlorothiazide, Metformin)
At age 62 breast seam to enlarge over the last two years
- How to deal with low blood pressure caused by metformin
(Asked by a 75 year old man who has Low Blood Pressure, and takes Metformin)
I was on Accupril 5 mg for more than 10 years with little or no side effects. I was diagnosed with early Type 2 diabetes and the doctor prescribed Metformin 500 mg 2 tablets a day. After about 3 months, the blood pressure was too low 88 Sistolic 45 diastolic and suffered syncope.
I reduced Accupr ...
- Have you taken levothyroxine and noticed a ringing in your eyes after taking the medication.
(Asked by a 66 year old man who has Tinnitus, and takes Levothyroxine Sodium)
Never had ringing before taking Levothyroxine for thyroid problem.If you have experienced the same please respond when and if you had the same.Thanks
More questions for: Metformin hydrochloride, Ringing in the ears
You may be interested at these reviews (Write a review):
- Ringing in the ears from linzess
(Posted by a 23 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Linzess)
I started Linzess about a month ago, taking it about every three days. It was my miracle pill, until recently when I started having ringing in my ears. I am stopping the medication in hopes that the ringing will subside.
- Hair loss with metformin hydrochloride usage
(Posted by a 58 year old woman who has Hair Loss, and takes Metformin Hydrochloride)
I have been taking the drug Metformin Hydrochloride for about 5 months and definitely find that I am losing hair which is a problem I have never experienced. Always had the healthiest hair, no problems. Well, I am finding that I am losing lair significantly and feel that the manufacturer of this dru ...
- Ranexa and erectile dysfunction
(Posted by a 67 year old man who has Metabolic Syndrome, Aortic Valve Replacement, Coronary Artery Disease, and takes Nitrostat, Acyclovir, Gabapentin, Hytrin, Metformin, Aspirin, Isosorbide Mononitrate, Ranexa, Hydrochlorothiazide, Carvedilol, Losartan Potassium)
I have experienced moderate ED with taking multiple heart and NO meds. This has been manageable and acceptable. Cardiologist added Ranexa (Ranalozine) 3 weeks ago and I am now experiencing complete erectile and ejaculatory failure.
- Side effects of using terazosin
(Posted by a 64 year old woman who has Ringing In The Ears, and takes Terazosin Hydrochloride)
I have been on terazosin for 9 days. The ringing in my ears is unbearable, dizzy in the night if I wake up to use the bathroom, intermittent throbbing heartbeat. Also very significant is dramatic decrease in libido and difficulty achieving satisfaction. Dose started at 5 mg at night, reduced to 2 ...
- Victoza and liver cancer (cholangiocarcinoma)
(Posted by a 59 year old man who has Anaemia Vitamin B12 Deficiency, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cholangiocarcinoma (liver Cancer), and takes Diovan, Atenolol, Metformin, Victoza)
My husband was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer after taking Victoza for several years. The doctor discontinued the Victoza when the cancer was diagnosed but he actually started feeling better after he stopped it until the cancer started progressing. Since cholangiocarcinoma nd pancreati ...
More reviews for: Metformin hydrochloride, Ringing in the ears
- A study of drug interactions between Glimepiride, Metformin for a patient with Type 2 Diabetes. The patient has Urine Odour Foul
Comments: I am a chain smoker
- A study of drug interactions between Lisinopril, Nexium for a patient with Blood Pressure Increased, Reflux Gastritis. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
Comments: Constant ringing in both ears.
- A study of drug interactions between Lactulose, Bromhexine Hydrochloride, Codeine, Paracetamol, Temazepam, Magnesium Aspartate, Metformin, Aspirin, Telmisartan; Hydrochlorothiazide for a patient with Constipation, Coughing Up Blood, Cough, Headache, Insomnia, Cramps - Leg, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, Cardiac Infection, Hypertension. The patient has Conjunctival Pallor, Oxygen Saturation Decreased, Vomiting, Anaemia Folate Deficiency, Hoarseness Or Changing Voice, Paleness, Chest Pain, Back Pain, Exhaustion, Fatigue, Lethargy, Tiredness, Weariness, Coughing Up Blood, Shortness Of Breath
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Omeprazole for a patient with Diabetes, Gerd. The patient has Diarrhea
Comments: Diarrhea occurs a day and a half after taking omeprazole. This only started after starting metformin.
- A study of side effects of Baclofen for a patient with Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia. The patient has Ringing In The Ears (a ringing in the ears)
Comments: Have ringing in the ears and feel that it could not be because of sound it must be because of something else. It is to high it must be of the medicne I eat. Have even ringing in the left ear but very high in my righ. Same type of sound on both sides of the ears ringing sound. Help please?
What me ...
More related studies for: Metformin hydrochloride, Ringing in the ears
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.