Review: could Metformin hydrochloride cause Tinnitus?
Summary: Tinnitus is found among people who take Metformin hydrochloride, especially for people who are male, 60+ old, have been taking the drug for 5 - 10 years, also take medication Aspirin, and have Diabetes.
We study 12,773 people who have side effects while taking Metformin hydrochloride from FDA and social media. Among them, 30 have Tinnitus. Find out below who they are, when they have Tinnitus and more.
You are not alone: join a support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Tinnitus >>>
Metformin hydrochloride has active ingredients of metformin hydrochloride. It is often used in diabetes. (latest outcomes from 14,614 Metformin hydrochloride users)
Tinnitus (a ringing in the ears) has been reported by people with depression, high blood pressure, high blood cholesterol, osteoporosis, stress and anxiety. (latest reports from 20,273 Tinnitus patients)
On Apr, 28, 2015: 12,773 people reported to have side effects when taking Metformin hydrochloride. Among them, 33 people (0.26%) have Tinnitus.
Time on Metformin hydrochloride when people have Tinnitus * :
|< 1 month||1 - 6 months||6 - 12 months||1 - 2 years||2 - 5 years||5 - 10 years||10+ years |
Gender of people who have Tinnitus when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
Age of people who have Tinnitus when taking Metformin hydrochloride * :
Severity of Tinnitus when taking Metformin hydrochloride ** :
|least||moderate||severe||most severe |
How people recovered from Tinnitus ** :
|while on the drug||after off the drug||not yet |
Top conditions involved for these people * :
- Diabetes mellitus (13 people, 39.39%)
- Hypertension (10 people, 30.30%)
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus (5 people, 15.15%)
- Diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent (5 people, 15.15%)
- Hyperchlorhydria (3 people, 9.09%)
Top co-used drugs for these people * :
- Aspirin (9 people, 27.27%)
- Lexapro (6 people, 18.18%)
- Actos (5 people, 15.15%)
- Digoxin (5 people, 15.15%)
- Coreg (5 people, 15.15%)
* Approximation only. Some reports may have incomplete information.
** Reports from social media are used.
How to use the study: print a copy of the study and bring it to your health teams to ensure drug risks and benefits are fully discussed and understood.
Get connected: join our support group of Metformin hydrochloride and tinnitus on
Do you have Tinnitus while taking Metformin Hydrochloride?
You are not alone! Join a support group on :
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride and have Tinnitus
- support group for people who take Metformin hydrochloride
- support group for people who have Tinnitus
Drugs in real world that are associated with:
Could your condition cause:
- A study of drug interactions between Metformin, Losartan, Zetia for a 54-year old woman with Type 2 Diabetes, High Blood Cholesterol. The patient has Muscle Stiffness, Stiffness In A Joint
- A study of drug interactions between Meloxicam, Chlorthalidone, Spiriva, Symbicort, Lyrica, Omeprazole, Wellbutrin Xl, Novolog Flexpen, Lantus Solostar, Metformin, Requip for a 37-year old man with Information, Water Pill, Copd, Tingling And Numbness, Acid Refluc, Anxeity, Diabetic, Restless Legs.
- A study of side effects of Lisinopril for a 43-year old man with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Ringing In The Ears
- A study of side effects of Lotrel for a 52-year old woman with High Blood Pressure. The patient has Tinnitus
- A study of drug interactions between Lipitor, Metformin for a 63-year old woman with High Blood Cholesterol, Diabetes. The patient has Blood Urine
Recent Metformin hydrochloride related drug comparison:
- Comparions of Januvia, Glimepiride, Glucophage, Depakote, Abilify for a 45-year old woman who has Mental Disability
- Comparions of Lisinopril, Armour Thyroid, Metformin, Glipizide, Prednisone for a 64-year old woman who has Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Comparions of Omeprazole, Metformin, Losartan, Carvedilol, Atorvastatin Calcium for a 61-year old man who has Mood Disorder Due To A General Medical Condition
- Comparions of Benazepril Hydrochloride, Metformin for a 58-year old woman who has Diabetes Mellitus Non Insulin-dependent
- Comparions of Metformin, Januvia, Trazodone Hydrochloride, Oxycodone And Acetaminophen, Moexipril Hydrochloride for a 60-year old woman who has Interactions
NOTE: The study is based on active ingredients and brand name. Other drugs that have the same active ingredients (e.g. generic drugs) are NOT considered.
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only, and has not been supported by scientific studies or clinical trials unless otherwise stated. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
You may report adverse side effects to the FDA at http://www.fda.gov/medwatch/ or 1-800-FDA-1088 (1-800-332-1088).
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.